Save your money...

Scaff
It gets worse the faster the car you pick, give the Free Run mode a go with the Nissan R390 (you get it from the start). Even with the standard tyres on, it is almost impossiable to unsettle this car. You can almost be as stupid as you want and get away with it.

Last night I ran it in the Speedopolis course (stupid, stupid name) and jamed on the handbrake while cornering at 150 mph, got into a perfect drift, caught it and regained control of the car. Total amount of effort/skill involved in this was almost nil, I almost believe my five year old could have managed it.

I noticed this myself, but it's only with the R class cars. It seems that when it came time to simulate racing tires, Konami caught a bit of the "Gran Turismo bug" and gave the racecars an exaggerated amount of grip. However, when compared to the same cars in GT4, the Enthusia R class cars still feel much more natural.

You can see this über-grip in the Nürburgring laptimes though. The fastest A class cars can lap it in the mid/high 7's (realistic) whereas I pulled a 6'26" and kamkor pulled a 6'10" -- both without black flags -- in the Nissan R390 (not as realistic).

Back