• Screenshot_20220611-155509_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20220611-155509_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 20
Something’s never change…. Let’s see
The braking will be terrible
The AI will be terrible
The career will be a rehash (and half thought out) list of things done before
I’ll buy it anyway lol. Bring on Sept
Yeah, i wish it was done by a different dev, too many milestone similar games.
I like the fresh different takes of others.

Yeah I know that feeling but then we'd probably end up with the mess that was RIMs Racing. Honestly and I've said it a zillion times it's just a couple of small things and the Milestone games wouldn't be that bad. But everyone seems to focus more on cheap gimmicks than solid game play. Don't understand why everyone seems more interested in making a bike game that plays like it's trying to appeal to car fans. but oh well. Kaz is more interested in Buses, jeeps, and photos and whatnot so there will never be another tourist trophy so we are pretty much stuck with Milestone. fix the braking and ai in Ride 4 and make SBK 22 a dlc instead of a stand alone game and I'd actually be satisfied. But again my expectations are low but I'll be getting it anyway

Last edited:
I will get it when there is a good sale going just like RIMS. Well actually I am still waiting for a good sale on RIMS...

I’m curious there was no mention of support classes in the brief info about the career. You’d think that would be something they’d highlight if it’s included. Not impressed by what I’ve read…the whole dev test stuff seems like it’s the same lame thing they have in the MotoGP series. No point in complaining about it for the next 3 months. Guess will just have to see if the game is good where it matters, to me at least and that’s how it actually controls. The key for me will be the braking and the AI. If the AI sucks what’s the point of a career or even races?

one of my all time favorites is Sega Rally 1 & 2, the AI in those games was basically a time challenge, yet they were very fun and challenging games. Not going to lie in pretty much all of milestone‘s games I rarely do races because they are to tedious and frustrating. It’s not a challenge it’s just about avoid cheap dirty ai. So I save myself the pain and just put laps in in time trial mode. Would be nice if they actually focused on AI this time, but I really doubt they did

I’m curious there was no mention of support classes in the brief info about the career. You’d think that would be something they’d highlight if it’s included. Not impressed by what I’ve read…the whole dev test stuff seems like it’s the same lame thing they have in the MotoGP series. No point in complaining about it for the next 3 months. Guess will just have to see if the game is good where it matters, to me at least and that’s how it actually controls. The key for me will be the braking and the AI. If the AI sucks what’s the point of a career or even races?

one of my all time favorites is Sega Rally 1 & 2, the AI in those games was basically a time challenge, yet they were very fun and challenging games. Not going to lie in pretty much all of milestone‘s games I rarely do races because they are to tedious and frustrating. It’s not a challenge it’s just about avoid cheap dirty ai. So I save myself the pain and just put laps in in time trial mode. Would be nice if they actually focused on AI this time, but I really doubt they did

I'd be very surprised if we didn't get a full suite of support series.

Is it really that bad?
To me yes. It’s terrible
  1. Appreciate them trying to do something different, but the concept of the QTE is just flawed. It’s insanely tedious and to me made me less likely to make bike mods because of it
  2. Graphics look very ROUGH and the sounds are bad. Seems like the wasn’t ready yet
  3. Basic game design is just bad and not thought out
  4. Control is bad. I know people are sick of Milestone, but different isn’t better. Bad & hard control isn’t real.
That last one is something I notice quite a bit. People seem to think sim has to mean hard. By no means am I a pro level rider, but I do ride for real and spend 90% of my ride time at the track. Riding a motorcycle is easy. Riding them fast is pretty easy as well. It’s getting that last 10% that it gets ”hard” and most of that is mental. I have a fairly stock R6 and a modded R1. Going between the two it isn’t that the R1 is harder to ride as much as things happen faster.

So trying to play these “bike sims” that are insanely difficult for the sake of being difficult is annoying. RIMs is just terrible in all aspects to me

And this is what concerns me about SBK 22. I honestly hope that it really is basically a stand alone SBK DLC of Ride 4. No Ride 4 isn’t perfect, but it’s very good control wise. And honestly if they fixed the braking aspect I think it would be pretty close to being the most realistic simulation of how I feel when I’m riding. The way RIMs and MotoGP control from the odd steering to the instant brake lock is just wrong.

I think I spent less than 90 mins with each of the last 3 MotoGP and RIMs games, as I didn’t find them anything close to being realistic or fun. I though Ride 4 had a great balance. It’s easy enough for anyone (if they put a little time into it) to just play. But also challenging enough to make getting that last 5% of performance exciting and fun. They just need to fix the braking aspect and then they‘d have it nailed.

So while I doubt they did, that’s what I’m really hoping for in SBK 22. It plays like Ride 4 with the braking and AI fixed. If they do that and allow fully custom offline championships, then honestly that’s really all I need.

To me yes. It’s terrible
  1. Appreciate them trying to do something different, but the concept of the QTE is just flawed. It’s insanely tedious and to me made me less likely to make bike mods because of it
  2. Graphics look very ROUGH and the sounds are bad. Seems like the wasn’t ready yet
  3. Basic game design is just bad and not thought out
  4. Control is bad. I know people are sick of Milestone, but different isn’t better. Bad & hard control isn’t real.
That last one is something I notice quite a bit. People seem to think sim has to mean hard. By no means am I a pro level rider, but I do ride for real and spend 90% of my ride time at the track. Riding a motorcycle is easy. Riding them fast is pretty easy as well. It’s getting that last 10% that it gets ”hard” and most of that is mental. I have a fairly stock R6 and a modded R1. Going between the two it isn’t that the R1 is harder to ride as much as things happen faster.

So trying to play these “bike sims” that are insanely difficult for the sake of being difficult is annoying. RIMs is just terrible in all aspects to me

And this is what concerns me about SBK 22. I honestly hope that it really is basically a stand alone SBK DLC of Ride 4. No Ride 4 isn’t perfect, but it’s very good control wise. And honestly if they fixed the braking aspect I think it would be pretty close to being the most realistic simulation of how I feel when I’m riding. The way RIMs and MotoGP control from the odd steering to the instant brake lock is just wrong.

I think I spent less than 90 mins with each of the last 3 MotoGP and RIMs games, as I didn’t find them anything close to being realistic or fun. I though Ride 4 had a great balance. It’s easy enough for anyone (if they put a little time into it) to just play. But also challenging enough to make getting that last 5% of performance exciting and fun. They just need to fix the braking aspect and then they‘d have it nailed.

So while I doubt they did, that’s what I’m really hoping for in SBK 22. It plays like Ride 4 with the braking and AI fixed. If they do that and allow fully custom offline championships, then honestly that’s really all I need.
Appreciate the detailed response, thank you. I ride too, and felt Ride 4’s model was the most lifelike. Just shame that so much of the title was so lacklustre.

Ride safe :)

I have great memories of Sbk X from PS3/Xbox360 but I don't know what to expect whit this one.

It's available for pre-order at €39.99
No mention of Supersport, Supersport 300 or classic content.

We will have to wait to try it, but it looks more like a Ducati Anniversary than a Ride or MotoGP game.

Only 5 bikes 12 tracks and 24 riders from wsbk 22 season it looks very poor content.

One aspect i can say i prefer in iom tt and rims games vs ride3 at least, is in helmet/rider views you can actually instinctually, naturally flow thru the line you are wanting to ride.

In ride3, its so sensitive in rider views especially, just going straight or barely turning in a fast or slow curve even, is a pain in the butt, much much harder than in real riding by a million miles.

Plus ai in iom tt 1 and 2 is fine, certainly compared to in r3.
Edit: and tracks are cool, nice, fun, fast curvy.

Motogp19 is not as bad really though to me.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Ha I have “fond memories” of the first 3 SBK 99-01 lol!!! My preference from the last run was 08 and Generations. MotoGP wise it was 08 and probably 18 was the last MotoGP game I really enjoyed. 19 was ok but all since then have been pretty lame to me.

I didn’t really care for the braking ( a bit over kill) and the tracks in the IOMTT games. But yeah the onboard view was good. I’ve said it a million times bikes don’t sway.

I have great memories of Sbk X from PS3/Xbox360 but I don't know what to expect whit this one.

It's available for pre-order at €39.99
No mention of Supersport, Supersport 300 or classic content.

We will have to wait to try it, but it looks more like a Ducati Anniversary than a Ride or MotoGP game.

Only 5 bikes 12 tracks and 24 riders from wsbk 22 season it looks very poor content.
Where did you see this detail? I haven’t seen much. I’m ok with the bikes as I’d probably only use the R1 anyway and if they had decent options (more Ride 4 than MotoGP) when it comes to custom rider/bike that would be fine. The track list is fine as well as it’s a reflection of the season. Though I wish they’d take advantage of the license and add (as part of the core game) historical bike/riders/tracks. They already have the data. But you know if they do it’s be overpriced dlc. I don’t mind if it’s stripped down. I rather enjoy the stripped down nature of MXGP over the Supercross games. As long as physics and control is more like Ride 4 than any of the recent MotoGP games I’d be ok with it.

Shockingly Ride 4 has made me ok with never seeing a Tourist Trophy II (especially if it would end up like GT7). Ride 4 has every streetbike that I’ve owned in it. Has my gear in it. And has most of my favorite tracks. So at this point if SBK 22 sucks I really won’t care lol

Last edited:
Appreciate the detailed response, thank you. I ride too, and felt Ride 4’s model was the most lifelike. Just shame that so much of the title was so lacklustre.

Ride safe :)
to me Ride 4 (pretty much all of Milestone’s games) design wise suffer. I’m not into racing RPGs which is why the GT games (especially GT7) has lost their appeal to me. All these tasks and stuff I hate Especially when most of the game is locked. So in that since Ride 4 was initially a pain and tedious. Especially the AI and braking. Once I got the few bikes I wanted I was able to enjoy it better, as I just did laps on the tracks I liked.

I personally don’t need a lot of flash and busy work. If a game controls well I can play a race game for years just doing laps. If there is a good community like there use to be for SBK 2k-2k1 or MotoGP08 online racing can be quite rewarding. But these days I don’t even bother going online anymore.

I understand the need to try and expand the user base, but I wish the games were more flexible. If you like task/trophy hunting fine, but let someone like me just get in and race. Either you’re into racing or you aren’t. I don’t get when people complain about lack of weather changes. I’m sorry but in my area I rarely if ever have to check the weather and I never recall going damn I wish it would rain, cause I’m so tired of these perfect weather trackdays. So when games don’t give you an option to set the weather for a custom season it just kills the mode for me.

Both more than anything I just want good realistic control

Last edited:
to me Ride 4 (pretty much all of Milestone’s games) design wise suffer. I’m not into racing RPGs which is why the GT games (especially GT7) has lost their appeal to me. All these tasks and stuff I hate Especially when most of the game is locked. So in that since Ride 4 was initially a pain and tedious. Especially the AI and braking. Once I got the few bikes I wanted I was able to enjoy it better, as I just did laps on the tracks I liked.

I personally don’t need a lot of flash and busy work. If a game controls well I can play a race game for years just doing laps. If there is a good community like there use to be for SBK 2k-2k1 or MotoGP08 online racing can be quite rewarding. But these days I don’t even bother going online anymore.

I understand the need to try and expand the user base, but I wish the games were more flexible. If you like task/trophy hunting fine, but let someone like me just get in and race. Either you’re into racing or you aren’t. I don’t get when people complain about lack of weather changes. I’m sorry but in my area I rarely if ever have to check the weather and I never recall going damn I wish it would rain, cause I’m so tired of these perfect weather trackdays. So when games don’t give you an option to set the weather for a custom season it just kills the mode for me.

Both more than anything I just want good realistic control
Loved sbk98 back then, kyalami track was cool.

Oh no doubt Kyalami is AWESOME and loved when they brought it back in Ride 4. I really miss Albacete as well. Oschersleben would be nice to see return as well. Right now my favorite track is Portimao. Love that place. Looking forward to the new venues in SBK22, though MOST doesn’t look as fun as BRNO was. Instanbul would be nice to see return as well

Last edited:
Oh no doubt Kyalami is AWESOME and loved when they brought it back in Ride 4. I really miss Albacete as well. Oschersleben would be nice to see return as well. Right now my favorite track is Portimao. Love that place. Looking forward to the new venues in SBK22
I dont even know what tracks are in sbk now, i should check it out.

I read a news that Sony will put out a new pro ds5 with underbelly paddles like the add-on that was briefly available for ds4, would be good for shifting and keep thumb available for manual clutch control on a stick.
I like it in motogp19 for older bikes especially, but it's a pain with no paddles underneath.

Last edited:
I actually have those PS4 “back buttons” and they were a bit disappointing. if true I’d hope those paddles for the DS5 Pro would be additions instead of remaps. I’ve tried the clutch in a few of the Milestone games but it never really seem to benefit the loss of other functions. So hopefully this means a couple more control options . I agree 100% that having those options underneath would make things a bit more natural. It’s only been in the last year or so that I’ve gone with the throttle/brake being on the lower shudder buttons. I’d reverse them and have them on the uppers and shifting on the lowers as it just felt more natural. But I’m strange lol

Hhmmm I think egl92 might be right. if they had the other classes you’d think it would be mentioned. But it’s not

Pre-order SBK™22 now! Receive the full game and the VIP Multiplier Pack: with this content you will be able to multiply the reputation points and the research data that you will earn in the career mode, speeding up your game progress even more!

This product entitles you to download both the digital PS4™ version and the digital PS5™ version of this game.

Saddle up your Superbike and show what you’re made of while racing in the official 2022 WorldSBK™.
After ten years, SBK™ returns with a title more immersive and engaging than ever, created with the contribution of real riders to make you experience the thrill of competition!

TAKE PART IN THE 2022 WORLDSBK™
Take on the official 2022 championship choosing from among 24 riders, prove your worth throughout the 12 stages, and reach the top step of the podium.

A WEEKEND OF RACES
Do you want to conquer first place in just a weekend? Dive into three days of free practice, Tissot Superpoles, and races to test your skills and triumph in constantly changing situations.

START YOUR JOURNEY TO BECOMING NUMBER 1
All that’s needed is a signature on the right dotted line, and you’ll be able to start your career in the Superbike world: improve your reputation to join the best teams and hire professionals to form the perfect staff which will support you all the way to the top of the podium! Don’t forget about your bike: you’ll be in control of every parameter – from suspension management to engine improvements – so that you can succeed in creating the Superbike of your dreams.

A REAL EXPERIENCE
Hit the tracks with your favorite motorbike, manage fuel levels, and pick the right tires to take full advantage of the most challenging situations. Every choice matters, as you will be facing competitors made even more fierce and unpredictable by A.N.N.A., the neural artificial intelligence system based on machine learning.

MULTIPLAYER
Race your friends in a Superpole or a simple race session in the new Multiplayer mode. But don’t stop there! You can also set your personal best in the time trials, so you can send your name to the top of the Leaderboard

I can see no reason other than laziness that they wouldn’t have both the supersport classes included.

They’ve already got most if not all of the bikes already in ride 4.
But then this is milestone.

If they don't mention support categories in the description in the store, it's unlikely they'll include it.

Maybe a future DLC?

I don't remember wich one, I think 14 or 15 but there was a MotoGP game that received a free DLC with Moto2 and Moto3.

I dont even know what tracks are in sbk now, i should check it out.

I read a news that Sony will put out a new pro ds5 with underbelly paddles like the add-on that was briefly available for ds4, would be good for shifting and keep thumb available for manual clutch control on a stick.
I like it in motogp19 for older bikes especially, but it's a pain with no paddles underneath.
2022 season:
Motorland Aragon
TT Circuit Assen
Circuito do Estoril
Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli
Donington Park
Autodrom Most
Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours
Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya
Algarve International Circuit
Circuito San Juan Villicum
Mandalika International Street Circuit
Philip Island GP Circuit

2022 season:
Motorland Aragon
TT Circuit Assen
Circuito do Estoril
Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli
Donington Park
Autodrom Most
Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours
Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya
Algarve International Circuit
Circuito San Juan Villicum
Mandalika International Street Circuit
Philip Island GP Circuit
A few i never heard of even, thanks.
Too bad no kyalami anymore.
Tempted by ride4 for the tracks, kyalami, road atlanta etc, many cool tracks.

And rims circuits are pretty much samey tracks i rode in games so much, the road tracks make it fresh at least.

Im sure I'll get this one too lol, down the line, if good enough.

I can see no reason other than laziness that they wouldn’t have both the supersport classes included.

They’ve already got most if not all of the bikes already in ride 4.
But then this is milestone.
Greed..
As an example, i just noticed for ride4, the season pass doesn't include 2 bike packs, European and another.
Then in the top ride4 game version it says includes full game and season pass, so then doesn't include again those 2 bike packs.

It's not full game then, base game yeah..
So much bull nowadays..

Last edited:
Just to beat a dead horse lol. Then you consider how much of the Ride 4 DLC was already included in or DLC for the previous Ride games, so you end up having to buy the same things over and over. It’s the same thing with all these “events”. Why people pay for “events” is beyond me. If want to race naked bikes at Kyalami then I’ll just do that. That is why a lot of the race games removed or greatly restricted custom offline seasons cause they couldn’t sell back to you if they kept it back in.

so yeah much bull. Milestone does the same with MXGP compared to MESX, but at least in that case I think it was for the better as I find MXGP far more enjoyable. I’m actually shocked SBK 22 is the actual 22 season instead of the 21. The only release they stay current on is MotoGP.

But will be interesting to run the 3 new venues, the others are all class so I have no complaints. I’d enjoy the alot of the UK and road tracks more if the handling was better, but the tight nature of tracks like Oulton Park or Kanto just aren’t fun with the steering being so slow and braking so bad. All complaints aside I already reserved mine. Kind of stupid reserving digital lol but oh well

Plus the ones deciding on these marketing issues aren't the ones actually doing the dev work, it's the guys on top who only think of cash, and then push the actual dev team to put out as fast as can whatever they decided, at that time.

Just did a little iom 2 now on iom main track with an old Agusta 500 in helmet view, what an immersive thrill for me.
Sound is great, pov is great, track look feels real, track surface feel from pad vibes is good, ai is good, and feel is pretty good too.

Went a little overcooking it with speed on a fast slightly curvy elevation change, and got the chassis wiggle, making you hold your breathe and go pheww.. when still upright hehe.

Plus viewscreen getting dirty, tire temp and wear, pitstops etc. So cool..

Last edited:
Back