Sbk 2022 game

• Thread starter Jtheripper
  • 108 comments
I don’t “Try” to be a jerk it just comes off that way! Lol

One day away and honestly this doesn’t look promising. My preorder just downloaded and it’s “only” 7.4gb on the PS5. That’s pretty telling content wise. Kind of reminds me of Milestone’s Ducati game that was just the first Ride game stripped of everything but Ducati and a couple of tracks. So this game is going to be slim. Granted it’s not full price but it’s still not budget priced either.

So why bother with a rush job? You make a big deal about getting the license back. You have a history with the title of lots of content. You have the bike models and tracks in your library. so why half ass the release? I don’t see how WSBK would have made since as a DLC for MotoGP 22 but it would have easily made since as a DLC for Ride 4. $20 for the teams and extra tracks, sure not an issue. You get to use the title and you already have a base to build on, so it’s really just bike skins. Then next year release a legit full stand alone game if you need to (but I think it would still make more sense to have SBK part of the Ride series). When you look at the game site…again it doesn’t look promising in regards to support. No update road map to imply future content. Just pretty sad, but will see how it plays in a few hours.

To be honest I’m not really concerned with updates content wise, but it’s just frustrating to see the Milestone Business model. They’ve got all the bikes already where they could have made this a celebration of the return of the license, like SBK Generations was their send off title. They could easily have added legendary bikes/teams, etc…….. Milestone just makes it really hard to support/defend them

Sorry, I’m not saying that you are a jerk. I say negative things about games all the time. Criticism creates positive change😁
Haha no worries, didn’t think you did. Was just poking fun at myself, as I know the way I speak at times puts people off or makes me sound like a jerk lol

Pretty quiet, yeah haven't seen any hands-on previews 2 days from release, bit worrisome it seems.

Or they're still fixing things at last minute, etc.
Probably the usual post launch patches too..

Well unfortunately everything that we expected
  1. 100% based off MotoGP 22. While braking is slightly better it is still far worse than Ride 4
  2. rehashed content from game layout to menu options to faces
  3. Career is pretty lame and tedious and if you’ve gone through MotoGP last couple years, same thing. Only good thing is because there is only SBK you don’t have to work your way up through classes
  4. ”Customization” is beyond limited and again based off the same patterns, limitations, and options of the MotoGP games. If you were hoping for the wide customization features of Ride 4 keep hoping
  5. Editor is again clunky like MotoGP instead of very usable one in Ride 4. What’s there is the exact same as MotoGP
  6. The control is ok. Slightly better than MotoGP 22 but far worse than Ride 4
  7. Graphics aren’t great. To me the MotoGP22 graphics look Arcadish compared to Ride 4 which is strange given all 3 use the Unreal engine and come from the same dev
  8. Profile doesn’t carry over. Milestone has been linking profiles for a while now so why do I have go back and reset my options with every game. If you are going to require linked profiles for online features why not make it useful and at the least offer an option to download previous settings from other Milestone titles?
  9. Game layout is traditional Milestone and not thought out well at all. Why have empty weeks in the career that you have to skip? Why not just create weeks that have activities to complete be It races, testing or sponsorship commitments
  10. Still no Milestone universal standard. If you’ve played one CoD you’ve pretty much played them all despite the dev time who worked on it. MotoGP is prototypes but the controls are still the same as SBK and street bikes….brake throttle , etc……. So why do all the games have different button layout options. One game has tuck the other doesn’t , etc…..
To be honest it’s more playable than MotoGP 22 but there is nothing inspiring enough to make me want to spend any time with it. Which sucks as I’d love to take the Superbikes around these tracks which I wish were in Ride 4. There is simply nothing here that is going to make me grind through anything especially the career mode. With a little patience pretty accurate official SBK liveries can be created in Ride 4 with a larger selection of bikes.

After 5 time trial laps and 3 career testing laps I just turned it off. I didn’t even get to a race to see if the AI had been improved any because the game is just so uninspiring. If Milestone isn’t going to put any effort into their product why should I put any effort into playing it. The game isn’t completely terrible and if you haven’t played any of the latest MotoGP games or Ride 4 then you might enjoy it. But even with that given the limited content and options Ride 4 would be a better purchase because the Ultimate version is generally heavily discounted and cheaper than this game. You get more for your money and to me a better experience. No doubt Ride 4 was/is a very frustrating game but that was mainly due to so much of the game being locked. But at least it was inspiring enough to grind out to get to the content that I wanted. I’m a huge SBK fan and long wanted another SBK title, but not this. I still have my older SBK games and would easily spend more time revisiting those than to bother with this.

This might actually be the title to make finally give up on Milestone and just stop wasting my money and time with them and their product. with a little though and effort this could have been an easy win for them.

Last edited:
Well unfortunately everything that we expected
  1. 100% based off MotoGP 22. While braking is slightly better it is still far worse than Ride 4
  2. rehashed content from game layout to menu options to faces
  3. Career is pretty lame and tedious and if you’ve gone through MotoGP last couple years, same thing. Only good thing is because there is only SBK you don’t have to work your way up through classes
  4. ”Customization” is beyond limited and again based off the same patterns, limitations, and options of the MotoGP games. If you were hoping for the wide customization features of Ride 4 keep hoping
  5. Editor is again clunky like MotoGP instead of very usable one in Ride 4. What’s there is the exact same as MotoGP
  6. The control is ok. Slightly better than MotoGP 22 but far worse than Ride 4
  7. Graphics aren’t great. To me the MotoGP22 graphics look Arcadish compared to Ride 4 which is strange given all 3 use the Unreal engine and come from the same dev
  8. Profile doesn’t carry over. Milestone has been linking profiles for a while now so why do I have go back and reset my options with every game. If you are going to require linked profiles for online features why not make it useful and at the least offer an option to download previous settings from other Milestone titles?
  9. Game layout is traditional Milestone and not thought out well at all. Why have empty weeks in the career that you have to skip? Why not just create weeks that have activities to complete be It races, testing or sponsorship commitments
  10. Still no Milestone universal standard. If you’ve played one CoD you’ve pretty much played them all despite the dev time who worked on it. MotoGP is prototypes but the controls are still the same as SBK and street bikes….brake throttle , etc……. So why do all the games have different button layout options. One game has tuck the other doesn’t , etc…..
To be honest it’s more playable than MotoGP 22 but there is nothing inspiring enough to make me want to spend any time with it. Which sucks as I’d love to take the Superbikes around these tracks which I wish were in Ride 4. There is simply nothing here that is going to make me grind through anything especially the career mode. With a little patience pretty accurate official SBK liveries can be created in Ride 4 with a larger selection of bikes.

After 5 time trial laps and 3 career testing laps I just turned it off. I didn’t even get to a race to see if the AI had been improved any because the game is just so uninspiring. If Milestone isn’t going to put any effort into their product why should I put any effort into playing it. The game isn’t completely terrible and if you haven’t played any of the latest MotoGP games or Ride 4 then you might enjoy it. But even with that given the limited content and options Ride 4 would be a better purchase because the Ultimate version is generally heavily discounted and cheaper than this game. You get more for your money and to me a better experience. No doubt Ride 4 was/is a very frustrating game but that was mainly due to so much of the game being locked. But at least it was inspiring enough to grind out to get to the content that I wanted. I’m a huge SBK fan and long wanted another SBK title, but not this. I still have my older SBK games and would easily spend more time revisiting those than to bother with this.

This might actually be the title to make finally give up on Milestone and just stop wasting my money and time with them and their product. with a little though and effort this could have been an easy win for them.
From some uploaders on youtube, it seems based on motopg21, ai seems good enough but no sign of the so called top riders specific style of riding.

Sounds seem a little better.
Looks good.

Will get it on a good sale.
Worth a try, not gonna rush to it though.
Seems basic.

Got it on PS5... I like it. It is basically MotoGP 21 with a WSBK skin, or mod, and the WSBK tracks, but I'll take it. I have run through the tutorial and some TT laps at a couple of different tracks, even did a race at Catalunya and honestly, I dig it.

Little disappointed that it doesn't have the lower classes, like Supersport and whatnot, but meh, it was only $40.

I'm not sure what you guys were expecting...?? and not trying to start anything, but it has basically come out with what was advertised. I mean, this is basically what was on Milestones site as to what it was gonna be, and also in their teaser video. Not that there was a lot of media about it (which would tell you it would be bare bones...) and that is okay - after a freaking decade of no WSBK games I'll welcome this one in the hopes that it does well enough for Milestone to warrant a revisit next year!!

Anyway, I'll have fun with it between iRacing and MotoGP 22 sessions. . .

Peace! ✌️

I saw rider pov gameplay and it looked amazing from the immersion/movement/look, but im not sure if it was a replay cam like in ride4 or actual gameplay from that view.

Im sure ill try it out at some point, each bike has it's sound at least, not so sure of the handling but...need a demo 😁

I saw rider pov gameplay and it looked amazing from the immersion/movement/look, but im not sure if it was a replay cam like in ride4 or actual gameplay from that view.

Im sure ill try it out at some point, each bike has it's sound at least, not so sure of the handling but...need a demo 😁
I know you love that first person stuff... too intense for me!! LOL!!!

And yes, the bikes all have a different sound, which is nice. 👍 They (Milestone) could've knocked this one out'a the park, but I'm pretty sure they are just testing the waters here... SBK has never had the following that MotoGP has... I mean, honestly, there is a SBK in every single country... And the previous SBK games didn't really do all that well... so... 😉

I'm just glad I can play as TopRak!!! 😎

If they priced the stripped down game to $15, I don’t think people would be picking it apart.
I hear'ya, man... but that's like saying the new Madden or FIFA would $20 every year. Can you even imagine that?!?
FIFA 23 is $60 --> $100, depending on the version for console... heck, it'll be expensive on PC, too, just like Madden.

Can you fathom EA not doing a FIFA game for a decade and then people complaining that it was $20 less than a full price game on release... and yes, I get FIFA has a lot more in it than, say, one league or what have you, but this game isn't that expensive. I mean if we're arguing over $40, than you (or whomever) probably shouldn't be looking at it anyway.

Again, I'm not really trying to be argumentative, but it is what it is... and I do believe people would be picking it apart, even if it did release at $15 or $20, it's what people do. I think people would pick it apart if it was a $5 DLC add-on to MotoGP 22. 🤣🤣

Well, apparently the game is broken in Career Mode... haven't experienced this myself, as the race I ran was in Quick mode. Seems though that the order of the race is solely based on qualifying lap time. Or something along that line.

So, you guys were 100% right - I know when to accept defeat, as this should have never made it past any sort of QC done by Milestone (or the clowns they pay to test...). Hope it can be patched to work correctly as I am still interested in running this some in career mode - but we'll have to wait and see.

Well, apparently the game is broken in Career Mode... haven't experienced this myself, as the race I ran was in Quick mode. Seems though that the order of the race is solely based on qualifying lap time. Or something along that line.

So, you guys were 100% right - I know when to accept defeat, as this should have never made it past any sort of QC done by Milestone (or the clowns they pay to test...). Hope it can be patched to work correctly as I am still interested in running this some in career mode - but we'll have to wait and see.
I saw this now yeah on YouTube videos, seems a bit of a mess.
Well milestone often have some quality control issues, in motogp19 the rider pov sits up when you lean forward going straight, was never patched.

So, after looking into it... it seems that, in career mode, your race placement - finishing order is based on your fastest race lap time. So the fastest single lap rider finishes in 1st place even if they crossed the line in 6th... WT absolute F ???!!! How can it work in a single race properly but not in career mode. LOL!!!

Milestone for the win!! 🤣🤣🤣

200w.gif

Last edited:

your idol barryf1fan 😁, nice slide.

What's the feel? Feels like a superbike or like a lower level gp?
Edit: well you already said it's like motogp21 hehe, same as i saw on some uploaders.
Cheers.

Last edited:
@barryfifan….. Well maybe we can set something up and you can teach me how to play SBK22 or any of the last 4 MotoGP games. I’m being serious because I don’t understand the braking at all and that is what kills the MotoGP and SBK game for me. The braking makes no sense. So please I need a rider coach!!!!! Lol

As for what I was expecting out of SBk22? Well let me say I’m not trophies hunter or collector. I can play a good racing game for years using a couple of bikes and just looking to improve times. So content wise I have no issue with SBK22 even without the support classes.

But as I’ve stated previously IMHO Ride 4 is a better playing game and really wished Milestone based MotoGP & SBK off it as well. In regards to how it handles. Yes the braking isn’t completely realistic or natural either but at least it’s understandable. SBK/MotoGP I don’t get, you touch the brakes you stoppie but don’t slow down. It’s like having to try and do Aikra’s SPOD just to stop the bike. So that’s frustrating. More even the fact that Milestone really didn’t do much dev for the game.

I went back to it over the weekend and put a few hours into it (shocked I didn’t break a controller so that’s a plus) and I can see where they made improvements in the animation, improved the cornering and toned down the AI cheapness a bit. But the AI is still bad, there really isn’t no point of racing it. Because if its close and there is contact 99% you go down and the AI just keeps going.

I see people complaining about it’s hard, lack of tutorials, etc……. Again I’ve said before and I’d bet my bike on it, if Milestone fixed the braking the game would be more accessible and more realistic at the same time. You don’t need a zillion tutorials and such. I don’t see SBK bringing in new fans. It’s a simple thing fix the braking and you have a great playing game.

But also you get into the details , I’d rather have telemetry then this stupid staff stuff which really doesn’t do much. The editor is just bad which again is frustrating given that Ride 4’s is really pretty good. So it’s a bunch of stuff like that, they keep making the same mistakes. Don’t fix the things that could easily be fixed and just rehash the same stuff over and over. So as a long time customer of theirs I’m just disappointed. I don’t expect much anymore, haven’t in a while, but it still doesn’t mean I can’t be disappointed.

Anyway. I’m on PS5 as well so if you have a kind spot in your heart to have mercy enough to teach me how the braking works. I’ll gladly take the help!!!!

@JtheRipper….. yes the Milestone QA is terrible and it’s consistently terrible. They are the worst when it comes to attention to detail and thinking things out. Which again is why I’m so critical of their games. I’m not just a troll talking crap. I’m the idiot who swears this is it this is the last time they are getting my money but continues to buy their games. It’s always a bunch of little easily fixable things that makes their games so frustrating. Now they have a new team and it’s the same as the old team, so it is what it is.

If I could wrap my head around the braking I’d play the hell out of SBK22 but I’m struggling with it ( like all the Unreal based MotoGP games). There are some good things there but they are half assed as usual. I mean why can’t I select a default base setup? I shouldn’t have to load my preferred setup every time. Yes that’s nitpicking but it’s something that’s so obvious you have to ask why do I have to ask for it? It’s the same with the editor. Why is there no option to select multiple elements if you want to change a bunch to a different color?

@barryfifan….. Well maybe we can set something up and you can teach me how to play SBK22 or any of the last 4 MotoGP games. I’m being serious because I don’t understand the braking at all and that is what kills the MotoGP and SBK game for me. The braking makes no sense. So please I need a rider coach!!!!! Lol

As for what I was expecting out of SBk22? Well let me say I’m not trophies hunter or collector. I can play a good racing game for years using a couple of bikes and just looking to improve times. So content wise I have no issue with SBK22 even without the support classes.

But as I’ve stated previously IMHO Ride 4 is a better playing game and really wished Milestone based MotoGP & SBK off it as well. In regards to how it handles. Yes the braking isn’t completely realistic or natural either but at least it’s understandable. SBK/MotoGP I don’t get, you touch the brakes you stoppie but don’t slow down. It’s like having to try and do Aikra’s SPOD just to stop the bike. So that’s frustrating. More even the fact that Milestone really didn’t do much dev for the game.

I went back to it over the weekend and put a few hours into it (shocked I didn’t break a controller so that’s a plus) and I can see where they made improvements in the animation, improved the cornering and toned down the AI cheapness a bit. But the AI is still bad, there really isn’t no point of racing it. Because if its close and there is contact 99% you go down and the AI just keeps going.

I see people complaining about it’s hard, lack of tutorials, etc……. Again I’ve said before and I’d bet my bike on it, if Milestone fixed the braking the game would be more accessible and more realistic at the same time. You don’t need a zillion tutorials and such. I don’t see SBK bringing in new fans. It’s a simple thing fix the braking and you have a great playing game.

But also you get into the details , I’d rather have telemetry then this stupid staff stuff which really doesn’t do much. The editor is just bad which again is frustrating given that Ride 4’s is really pretty good. So it’s a bunch of stuff like that, they keep making the same mistakes. Don’t fix the things that could easily be fixed and just rehash the same stuff over and over. So as a long time customer of theirs I’m just disappointed. I don’t expect much anymore, haven’t in a while, but it still doesn’t mean I can’t be disappointed.

Anyway. I’m on PS5 as well so if you have a kind spot in your heart to have mercy enough to teach me how the braking works. I’ll gladly take the help!!!!

I hear'ya, RZ, about the frustration with Milestone... if ever there was a love/hate relationship with a games developer - well, this is at the top of the list. Rather than go through this in "textual form", I'm going to attach a video that will explain it better than I probably ever could anyway. All of his tips are very useful and can aid in becoming a better rider where braking is concerned. The tip at 3:50'ish is one that has got to be utilized. MotoGP 21 got me doing this in every braking zone (pull back on the left analog stick) and every acceleration zone (push forward on the left analog stick). This takes quite a bit of practice to actually have an effect.

MotoGP 21 was at the pinnacle of frustration with Miestone's games and their "bizarre" braking code. I've only ever raced dirt bikes, not road bikes, but have driven my fair share over the years... RC51, GSX600R, ZX10R, 600F4i, and a few others. I'm not sure why you picked me to help you out... but appreciate the confidence. :lol:

I will say, that if you like Ride 4 and think that is how braking is done on a bike traveling 110mph, to slow to a 45mph turn, well, I personally think that you would be on the ground really quickly. Ride 4 is fun, and I love the game, but it's just not realistic at all. You don't even have to have a rear brake on the bikes in Ride 4 and that's just not how it works in the real world. Granted, you can brake solely with the front brake - but not like in RIDE 4. I honestly think that MotoGP 22 has some of the most "realistic" braking in a game, when considering using the front and rear brakes. Not that it's real... it never will be, but GP bikes are completely different beasts than, for example, a Kawa ZX10RR WSBK or even a stock ZX10R you can buy at the dealer. New(er) bikes have crazy electronics, but they still don't compare to the engine braking mapping, Anti-lock braking, TCS, etc... that modern day MotoGP bikes have. You also have to consider that each rider (this is real life again) sets his bike up for braking per track... meaning that their braking bias' (or parameter, if you will) are different for each track. I mean, hell, I was average on my best day way back when and I had different oils and levers and pads for different tracks... and that was 30 years ago... Anyhoo, getting off topic.

Braking is completely personal, and that is why there are different settings you can use, in game, to make changes. You will have to spend some time to find what works for you. I will also point out that SBK22 is different when it comes to braking because the bikes are just so different to MotoGP - These bikes are still really fast, with about 50-70% of the braking that a MotoGP bike has. Your braking markers in SBK will definitely be much further back. I would try that to start, back up your braking markers that you had for MotoGP 22 (or 21) and pull them back 50 meters or more to start, and move them further as you get comfortable.

Watch the video and then also consider that you have talked about making SBK and MotoGP games more accessible... but they already made a series of game for that and it's the RIDE series... that is the game for the masses, to just pick and play.
I hope that helps, in some way, shape, or form. :cheers: (as far as the Ai, that's a tough one... but agree, sometimes it's just stupid).

I hear'ya, RZ, about the frustration with Milestone... if ever there was a love/hate relationship with a games developer - well, this is at the top of the list. Rather than go through this in "textual form", I'm going to attach a video that will explain it better than I probably ever could anyway. All of his tips are very useful and can aid in becoming a better rider where braking is concerned. The tip at 3:50'ish is one that has got to be utilized. MotoGP 21 got me doing this in every braking zone (pull back on the left analog stick) and every acceleration zone (push forward on the left analog stick). This takes quite a bit of practice to actually have an effect.

MotoGP 21 was at the pinnacle of frustration with Miestone's games and their "bizarre" braking code. I've only ever raced dirt bikes, not road bikes, but have driven my fair share over the years... RC51, GSX600R, ZX10R, 600F4i, and a few others. I'm not sure why you picked me to help you out... but appreciate the confidence. :lol:

I will say, that if you like Ride 4 and think that is how braking is done on a bike traveling 110mph, to slow to a 45mph turn, well, I personally think that you would be on the ground really quickly. Ride 4 is fun, and I love the game, but it's just not realistic at all. You don't even have to have a rear brake on the bikes in Ride 4 and that's just not how it works in the real world. Granted, you can brake solely with the front brake - but not like in RIDE 4. I honestly think that MotoGP 22 has some of the most "realistic" braking in a game, when considering using the front and rear brakes. Not that it's real... it never will be, but GP bikes are completely different beasts than, for example, a Kawa ZX10RR WSBK or even a stock ZX10R you can buy at the dealer. New(er) bikes have crazy electronics, but they still don't compare to the engine braking mapping, Anti-lock braking, TCS, etc... that modern day MotoGP bikes have. You also have to consider that each rider (this is real life again) sets his bike up for braking per track... meaning that their braking bias' (or parameter, if you will) are different for each track. I mean, hell, I was average on my best day way back when and I had different oils and levers and pads for different tracks... and that was 30 years ago... Anyhoo, getting off topic.

Braking is completely personal, and that is why there are different settings you can use, in game, to make changes. You will have to spend some time to find what works for you. I will also point out that SBK22 is different when it comes to braking because the bikes are just so different to MotoGP - These bikes are still really fast, with about 50-70% of the braking that a MotoGP bike has. Your braking markers in SBK will definitely be much further back. I would try that to start, back up your braking markers that you had for MotoGP 22 (or 21) and pull them back 50 meters or more to start, and move them further as you get comfortable.

Watch the video and then also consider that you have talked about making SBK and MotoGP games more accessible... but they already made a series of game for that and it's the RIDE series... that is the game for the masses, to just pick and play.
I hope that helps, in some way, shape, or form. :cheers: (as far as the Ai, that's a tough one... but agree, sometimes it's just stupid).

Well you have to use rider lean forward backward in all their games, it's a must if you play it as hardcore as possible seems to me.

Even if tucked in it makes a difference, even if you dont see the rider pov moving accordingly so much.

It comes automatically after a while, easier to feel it in helmet view, the movement in that pov is more intuitive, you dont have to look at the bike as much plus where you're going in a different spot on the screen.

Last edited:
I’ll check it out. Basically what I started doing was like I do for real when learning new tracks. Single gear drill. But for both it’s just a strange dynamic that they do and it’s just not natural. Now when I say Ride 4 braking was more natural by no means did I say it was realistic.

The problem with both is Milestone seems to think the biggest weight transfer is at low speed. Which isn’t the case. And that thing about having to be in a specific gear to slow and turn the bike and the constant inside line item. I figured those tricks out in Ride 4 and started to figure some out in SBK22, but if I stick to it I’ll get it but it’s just annoying. Because my problem is not being able to shift into video game mode so obviously when I try to do things realistically it doesn’t work.

As for the rear brake, well I can count the number times I’ve used it in 20 yrs riding. Granted I’m not on SBK spec superbike and for sure not a MotoGP bike, but I’ve never had a problem getting stopped with only the front and I’ve been to places like Road America were you 6th full pinned. But it’s personal riding style. I’m not the best dirtbiker, but I while I was rear brake bias when I started now I’d say I’m 70/30 front. But back to road bikes even though I’ve generally always had big bikes I tended to focus on corner speed and not point and shoot. So I’d brake sooner softer longer but not slow as much as others so I could carry corner speed. When I finally got my R6 I was like oh yeah!!!!! My R1 has the GYTR kit and I think it’s like low 180s at the rear. I have very little play in my brake lever too. But I can get that bike stopped without an issue and without going over the bars.

And that’s my problem with MotoGP. I understand what they are trying to do but the execution is bad. If they would do something useful like partner with a company to make a bike controller with a roll-throttle and more granular braking it would be better. But I just struggle with the way the brakes behave because it doesn’t make sense to me and to get the bikes to stop I have to do things I’d never do in real life.

All that aside I do like some of the animations in SBK 22. Watching the replays I can see the tires tuck and things like that and I recall when it happened so that’s cool and that’s why it’s disappointing they don’t have telemetry in their games anymore. Don’t know if that was in MGP21/22 Or not as after MGP20 I think I’ve spent last than 90 min between 21/22.

Your response is spot-on. I honestly think that a "bike" game is harder for someone who has actually ridden a bike. Whether for fun, just transportation, or in anger... They're not like car games at all. There is just so much feeling (because you are not strapped down to a bike) when it comes to riding - heck, even if you're on a mountain bike. LOL!! I hope you get it man!! And... I bet you're better at the game than I am, anyway. Ha!

Well you have to use rider lean forward backward in all their games, it's a must if you play it as hardcore as possible seems to me.

Even if tucked in it makes a difference, even if you dont see the rider pov moving accordingly so much.

It comes automatically after a while, easier to feel it in helmet view, the movement in that pov is more intuitive, you dont have to look at the bike as much plus where you're going in a different spot on the screen.
This I know, but I don’t know if it actually animates from 1st person. But yeah I notice all that as well. but again I like the way they use to do it in the SBK2k/2k1 one days. You tap a button and you tuck or not. But again I think it’s a bit over exaggerated. In the. I don’t use any assists and turn the TCS/AWS off. But as much as I talk about what’s realistic, I think too often people confuse difficulty with real. And it’s not. Riding a motorcycle is easy. Riding one fast is easy as well. It’s when you get to that last 10% but even then a lot of that is mental. The guys that are faster then me aren’t really doing anything different than I am accept pushing more. These days I generally ride 60%. But yeah I blow a corner every now and then and when I do I don’t change my riding or anything it’s a mental thing or just trusting myself and the bike. I don’t panic. just babbling at the moment, but as I‘ e said many many times. The basis for a solid game is there, it’s just a bunch of little stuff. My R6 is fairly stock while my R1 is race kitted. The main difference between the two is simply things happen faster on the R1, not that it’s harder to ride. I ride it like I ride my R6 now, actually I’m faster in the corners on my R1 than my R6 which is backwards.

but the problem is instead of having a decent base setting for people to just get into the game and not get frustrated Milestone puts you at the deep end generally with no explanation. I noticed this with SBK22. The bikes are WAY to loose and twitchy, so I have to work on getting it more stable, because they really shouldn’t slide around like that.

Your response is spot-on. I honestly think that a "bike" game is harder for someone who has actually ridden a bike. Whether for fun, just transportation, or in anger... They're not like car games at all. There is just so much feeling (because you are not strapped down to a bike) when it comes to riding - heck, even if you're on a mountain bike. LOL!! I hope you get it man!! And... I bet you're better at the game than I am, anyway. Ha!
Funny knock on on wood but I’ve never injured myself on road bike and I’m 95% track only rider. Only hurt myself twice on dirt bikes (both mechanical failures)…. But I’ve destroyed myself on Mt bikes to the point I don’t even look at them lol. I crashed at a track one 5th gear 140mph and had a couple scratches. Short downhill run on a Mt bike = separated shoulder, torn ACL, dislocated finger, a concussion and 27 stitches lol

Hey RZ... do you know a guy named Bret Acord?? He raced way back when and now teaches road racing. Actually, I think he gave that up during covid. Anyway, we do iRacing together and is a nut and a half. He's been to RA plenty and taught there, although I think it's been a few. He mostly did Barber and Road Atlanta and Sebring - but has been all over the place.

Funny knock on on wood but I’ve never injured myself on road bike and I’m 95% track only rider. Only hurt myself twice on dirt bikes (both mechanical failures)…. But I’ve destroyed myself on Mt bikes to the point I don’t even look at them lol. I crashed at a track one 5th gear 140mph and had a couple scratches. Short downhill run on a Mt bike = separated shoulder, torn ACL, dislocated finger, a concussion and 27 stitches lol
OMG, yes... I don't even ride my Specialized MTB anymore - just sits. I crashed it every-freaking-time I rode it. And at 52 now, I just can't. 🤣

This I know, but I don’t know if it actually animates from 1st person. But yeah I notice all that as well. but again I like the way they use to do it in the SBK2k/2k1 one days. You tap a button and you tuck or not. But again I think it’s a bit over exaggerated. In the. I don’t use any assists and turn the TCS/AWS off. But as much as I talk about what’s realistic, I think too often people confuse difficulty with real. And it’s not. Riding a motorcycle is easy. Riding one fast is easy as well. It’s when you get to that last 10% but even then a lot of that is mental. The guys that are faster then me aren’t really doing anything different than I am accept pushing more. These days I generally ride 60%. But yeah I blow a corner every now and then and when I do I don’t change my riding or anything it’s a mental thing or just trusting myself and the bike. I don’t panic. just babbling at the moment, but as I‘ e said many many times. The basis for a solid game is there, it’s just a bunch of little stuff. My R6 is fairly stock while my R1 is race kitted. The main difference between the two is simply things happen faster on the R1, not that it’s harder to ride. I ride it like I ride my R6 now, actually I’m faster in the corners on my R1 than my R6 which is backwards.

but the problem is instead of having a decent base setting for people to just get into the game and not get frustrated Milestone puts you at the deep end generally with no explanation. I noticed this with SBK22. The bikes are WAY to loose and twitchy, so I have to work on getting it more stable, because they really shouldn’t slide around like that.
Yeah i agree with most of what you say.
I used to ride a long while ago, not on track, but often pushing it hard.
Sometimes get wobbling from the chassis being not stiff enough back then.
Pulling long wheelies, with a friend in my back haha, etc. Fun times..

What i know is even with bad tires back then compared to today, and on a heavy bike like a suzuki gs1100es, and on the street, i could barely hold my up body from the braking , and no aids of course back then too. Mind you brakes were not as powerful for sure to block the wheel on dry, smooth road, and no paint lines.
But it still braked pretty damn good.

Especially if i had a passenger pushing on me from the braking push lol.

And i used mostly front brakes, same like a bicycle, the weight and traction is there at the front mostly when braking anyhow.

I have not ridden maybe enough years or on track to start using much the rear brake much.
I,used it as a supplemental brake,,not for handling so much, plus for light use.

Well i use no aids too as in all sim type games, cause i want as much feel as can, and control it myself.
Except maybe some modern motogp in their games, i think those bikes are hardcore enough that maybe it's needed a little to use a little aid sometimes, bike electronic aids mind you,,not the regular in gameplay options aids.

The most current bikes in gp19 are pretty good i find with no aids.

Helps to alleviate some seemingly too finicky or sensitive controls, like having little leeway and travel and feel in the pad for braking, plus no seat of the pants feel.

Im sure the ps5 pad helps in that though.
I get that they often have quirks, and just try cope and negate it.

As for weird quirks, design decisions and bugs from lack of QA, well, in ride3 the silly annoying oil change each 200k, the sit up animation in motogp19 when you are tucked in , leaned forward and then it sits up when you are straight up, etc.

Still glad for milestone, as their games are still cool as hell for a sim and bike lover as me, i get thrill,,immersion, believable feel to a point, and no one else just about does bike games, and they put out many, so..

Im no pro, but i like to mess around in a game, find the feels, and not bothered much with objectives, careers etc too.

Too bad licensed games often are pushed out as often as can and in a hurry for a quick cashgrab though.
Anyhow, cheers.

Last edited:

I find ride not so bad when in helmet cam with the most challenging big bikes. Feels pretty real,,not arcade so much.

In 3rd person though, i find it boring and arcadey in comparison. I dont know..

I pull back on the rider at 1st when powering out of a curve, especially a slower one, in lower gear to avoid losing grip too much on the rear, especially if on a curb, then push forward the rider to control wheelie..

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back