Sbk 2022 game

• Thread starter Jtheripper
  • 101 comments
@barryf1fan ..exactly the same. I ended up selling my Specialized MTB last year cause I don’t bounce like I use to!! Lol. I don’t know that guy, actually on the west coast now and not the mid west so most of riding is out on the tracks out here now

@Jtheripper I get what you’re saying. I know it sounds like I’m anti-Milestone but honestly I’m not. I get all their games it’s just frustrating

But anyway it doesn’t happen much on the internet but I admit I was WRONG!!! Lol. Thx for that vid @barryf1fan it was an eye opener. But not so much for his riding technique suggestions. But I never paid attention to the controller config and that + the weight thing changed the game.

The first setting was that disabling that modulation thing so I have full control of the braking/acceleration inputs. With the game controlling modulation felt like I was fighting the controls, now I get it like I want. I don’t do the back brake like he suggests in the vid. The but now I can actually trail the front brake and go a bit deeper and carry more corner speed, so I’m stoked!! That setting plus now knowing the weight forward/back item completely changed the game for me. Not going to lie I still think the older way of just have a tuck button was better.

IMHO when devs keep adding more and more stuff for the sake of “realism” it actually ends up the opposite if not done correctly. Again I have no SBK or MotoGP experience but this weight forward/back thing is silly. When I ride I’m either tucked or up. Me personally I like to load the front so my bikes are setup so that I’m pushed forward. When I’m tucked obviously my body goes back but when I sit up to brake my body comes forward. Having a simple tuck button accomplishes that. the problem is the limitation of the controllers. They are trying to put so much stuff now that there aren’t enough buttons. And they really need to work on getting a bike controller out. I don’t like having rider movement controlled on the left stick because you get untended inputs (at least I do) that effect steering. So I moved the forward/back off it which ended up meaning having to give up the clutch. But at least now the game is playable and enjoyable to me. Funny I thought there was a bug in the PS5 version of Ride 4 with the ghost but after messing with button setup for SBK22., went to see what the configuration on Ride 4 was like and found that the ghost activation assigned to the left stick by default. That’s why it was turning on /off while I was playing. So yeah the standard controller has an issue of button saturation. right now had to switch to 3rd person to get use to the button layout, but will be going back to 1st person shortly

Also now that I’ve got more hours in it I was also wrong about the AI, it actually is better in that they are more player aware and aren’t as cheap.

Overall now that I got a better handle on the controller config I’m enjoying the game. I don’t really care about the career but it’s nice to be able to have races on super bikes with these tracks. Still wished they had these tracks in Ride 4, and bummed about the limited livery editor. But I can see myself putting in a lot of laps now. So thanks guys for getting me to give it another shot. Milestone obviously can easily do better but this is a good base. If they’d add better livery editor (or let you import your custom stuff from Ride 4), also you to set a default bike setup add telemetry and work on getting a custom controller I’d be satisfied with the game completely

What feels correct and what are correctly portrayed simulation physics are to different things. I only want the accurate physics. I traded my irl sport bikes in for a safer experience. If the correct physics doesn’t seem right get used to it don’t be ok with a feel good design. Milestone needs to use track data as gospel. I buy these games to get a simulation experience even with the shooter games for the most part because there is no reset irl.

I agree to a certain point. I mean I don’t need the game to injure or kill me if I crash obviously, but it would be nice if it were closer to life. I mean unlike some of the e-sport for car games that lead to the player getting a real life drive. I don’t see how that could ever happen with any of Milestones games as they in no way provide a close enough experience to riding. If I did anything of things I need to do in this game, I’d be dead

SBK 22 for me now is 50/50. It does some things well, but when I get too immersed into it I suffer because it’s way off real. Then on top of that Milestone’s infamous lack of quality control is all over it
  1. AI - It supposedly mimics the real riders, yet I finished a championship and Toprak wasn’t even in the top 15 while guys like Iker, Tady, and Hafizh were constant front runners and podium finishers
  2. AI pt2 - while not as cheap, they still are really hard to “race” because 90% of the time aren’t effected by you. It’s comical how they refuse to get off their rail at times
  3. Settings that don’t take. You do your ECU or whatever set up and you start a lap or race and it’s something different.
  4. They have this annoying habit of releasing the auto drive in mid corner so you crash or blow the corner. so no real point in doing a flying lap, if your first lap is scrubbed anyway.
  5. just over all game design. In my 1st season I won 80 % of the races, 10 poles in 12 rounds and won a title, yet NO FACTORY team wanted to sign me for the next year!!!! Lol
  6. On that same note, they have to know riders tend to be brand loyal, so this randomness of what seats are available to you meant I had to restart the career mode 6 times before I could get a Yamaha. Stuff like that is just insane that no one stopped and thought this is flawed.
  7. Also funny they go through all these things to make it personalized, auto transmission, lap number,damage, wear, rider aides, etc……. But won’t let you set weather option in career or championship. Why? If the reason is to make everyone have the same experience why allow all those other options? I personally hate weather options in games because they lack feel….. and personally I’ve never once said geez I’m tired of all this great weather I really wish it rained more when I go to the track.

Have read a bunch of reviews of the game and a lot is mentioned about the difficulty. I honestly believe this is because of the way the physics are and even if you don’t ride, they don’t feel natural…especially the braking. Then you through AI on rails….. If the game was made more natural it would be better all around for those wanting something simple and those looking for something with more depth.

Some will call it arcadish but I like how the incorporated movement into the bikes so you can actually save some of the crashes and slides. As Colin Edwards once said, you can lose the front and get it back. If they’d put a bit more focus into this area of all their games, instead of the silly gimmicks it would be a huge benefit. but that won’t happen.

As it is I can see myself doing a lot of “trackdays” with SBK 22, just putting in laps cause it is fun. but the rest of it is kind of pointless. the career mode is misguided and under developed. “Racing” the AI is pointless because it’s not racing. Mutliplayer when you can find someone is ok, but has issues with it’s implementation.

Last edited:
Soooo....
Recently went back to this game as I have the MotoGP / WSBK video pass and just love watching both these series.

After a time away from this one I decided to jump in and play some more, mainly because I bought it and am itching to see the new season kick-off. Have lowered the difficulty to 70% and am having a lot of fun playing the career and doing the development testing. Did three rounds in one sitting and had a ton of fun...

Funny thing is, I jumped into MotoGP 22 for a quick race and found MotoGP really easy compared to SBK 22, after playing it for almost two hours - MotoGP was a breeze to control.

Anyway, hope you guys are enjoying it and getting pumped for the two-wheel season to kick off. SuperCross, MotoGP, SBK series', etc...

Soooo....
Recently went back to this game as I have the MotoGP / WSBK video pass and just love watching both these series.

After a time away from this one I decided to jump in and play some more, mainly because I bought it and am itching to see the new season kick-off. Have lowered the difficulty to 70% and am having a lot of fun playing the career and doing the development testing. Did three rounds in one sitting and had a ton of fun...

Funny thing is, I jumped into MotoGP 22 for a quick race and found MotoGP really easy compared to SBK 22, after playing it for almost two hours - MotoGP was a breeze to control.

Anyway, hope you guys are enjoying it and getting pumped for the two-wheel season to kick off. SuperCross, MotoGP, SBK series', etc...
Watched yesterday the 88 French gp, it was damn cool, with Gardner, lawson, Schwantz, Rainy in top 5 whole time, passing each other.

Gardner lead at last lap then his bike broke down.
Schwantz ended up 3rd, even with a hurt arm, and did his usual wheelies at finish line even if close to almost passing for 2nd.
Lawson won.
Hope i didnt spoil it for anyone wanting to check it out..

Hope i didnt spoil it for anyone wanting to check it out..

the-office-i-will.gif

LOL!!! J/K! I actually watched that race at my grandma's house... she had cable and we didn't - I don't even remember what channel it was on. I think it may have been on ESPN back then. Love watching all the old races, as well as the new ones.

So I decided to pick this up for 4 euro(lol) from PS5 store. Mainly because I have a trackday on Magny cours and dont know the track yet and this game has it. But hooooly cow the handling is pretty terrible out of the box. I need to soften up and lower the front completely to makes the bikes somewhat responsive. Even then Im having a lot of trouble just staying on the asfalt for one lap.
Braking seems very inconsistent as well. Only way I can make them somewhat work is by downshifting veeerrryyy late. Which seems the opposite way around to me, as there would be less engine brake.
Am I missing something here, or are the bike just missiles without control?

Nah that’s just Milestone’s warped way of motorcycle physics. I always say that if you ride for real, it’s tough to adjust to Milestones games. The brakes don’t really work if you shift early. You basically have to wait almost until you turn in, which is like you said opposite to what you’d normally do. I think the game is far better than any of the recent MotoGP games, but Ride4/5 probably would have been a better choice as it has a better 1st person view

It’s a good game once you get the hang of it, really good. But I agree the way the bikes handle - particularly braking - is about as user-unfriendly as it gets. MotoGP 22 and 23 are the same. Sounds like they’ve finally given it a rethink for MotoGP 24.

The thing milestone always gets wrong is that its supposed to be easy just going round and gets gradually harder as you start pushing. They just go level super Sayan from the get go tho,

100% agree SBK22 is a very good game, far better than the last few MotoGP games. I don't think its so much that learning curve is hard. It's just not natural. Even if you don't ride if you've ridden a bicycle you kind of an idea about 2 wheel physics. So all this stuff they put in to make it "realistic sim" is actually the opposite. I thoroughly enjoyed SBK22, AI aside my only real gripe was lack of a decent 1st person view. don't understand how they get it so good in Ride 4/5 but so bad in the SBK/MotoGP series

Back