Scariest Movie youve ever seen?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dudebusta
  • 64 comments
  • 2,350 views
:rscared: EEKKK
:yuck:
 
Salem's Lot :- i saw that as a kid and it gave me nightmares for ages (when the boy scratches on the window to get his little brother to let him in)........although nothing much scares me now!
The Others had some pretty creepy bits in it. :thatsodd:
 
Only movie that has ever scared me was It.

That focking scared the shiot out of me when I watched it at around age 7.:nervous: I'm still scared of It.
 
I'd throw my vote in for "Alien". And "What lies beneath" due to having visited in many places that are in the movie.

Probably the best scare tactic I've seen in a movie, was from "Deep Blue Sea" When Samuel L. Jackson was giving his big ego boosting speech and got chomped in the middle of it. My roommate and I both jumped off the couch.

For down right taunting movie, "The Hitcher" Very disturbing movie. Rutger Hauer at his best.

I think the most terrifying movie I've ever seen would have to be The Exorcist

Still leaves me shaking, and nervouse about my own home.

AO
 
Originally posted by Der Alta

Probably the best scare tactic I've seen in a movie, was from "Deep Blue Sea" When Samuel L. Jackson was giving his big ego boosting speech and got chomped in the middle of it. My roommate and I both jumped off the couch.
AO

YES!!! me too...i totally wasnt expecting it
 
Originally posted by Der Alta

I think the most terrifying movie I've ever seen would have to be The Exorcist

Still leaves me shaking, and nervouse about my own home.

AO
i thought it was rated R because it was scary...it was pretty damn pissweak.
 
Originally posted by Meglomaniac
By the way did anyone see the Mothman Prophicies. i has been out a while now but i was wondering what the film itself was good or not?

Pretty good plot, but subpar acting. ... though the guy drove an A8!!

By the way, the scariest movie I ever saw was "The Bone Collector." Not very scary, but I saw it at 2:30 AM one night, and I was all alone, and it was dark, and stuff. So ... you know ... I didn't go upstairs until it got light again.
 
I'm starting to watch all the "scary" movies my parent's wouldn't let me see when I was pre-15, and so far:

Poltergeist.
Silence of the Lambs.
Candyman.
 
Originally posted by Meglomaniac
I found Hollow man kinda scary, Hannibal is scary, Scream and Scream 2 is allright, Duel as a car film is really scary, i have a WIERD sense of scary, i am terrified of UFO's but not so scared of ghosts.
Hollow Man - that was funny!

'Wonder Woman's lying on the roof of a sky scraper, sunbathing naked. Superman flies over and thinks, "Well, I'm faster than a speeding bullet, I could swoop down and have a quick shag". So he goes down and ****s her blind. Wonder Woman goes, "what was that?". The Hollow Man goes, "I don't know, but my arse hurts like hell!"'

That was fairly funny.

Scariest movie I've ever seen? Probably Scary Movie! :p
 
Originally posted by rufrgt_sn00pie2001
I'm starting to watch all the "scary" movies my parent's wouldn't let me see when I was pre-15, and so far:

Poltergeist.
Silence of the Lambs.
Candyman.

silence of the lambs was one weird movie. scary too.
 
Just for some of you that might have missed it:
The American remake of THE RING is in the cinemas october 18th.
I doubt that it will be as scary as the original. And the story will probably have some changes too.
 
there will be 2+ sex scenes and **** will be used repeatidly.
 
Who ever said blair witch project i have to laugh at you!! catch ya all l8er :darkside:
 
Communion with Christopher Walken.

Holy crap that movie scared me bad. Something about alien abductions is just really really freaky. Has anyone else seen this movie? I want to know if it really is that scary of if it was just that I was young when I saw it.

I've only seen clips from fire in the sky but that one looks really scary. I thought the 6th sense was pretty scary.
 
Originally posted by danoff
I thought the 6th sense was pretty scary.

I thought so too. I flinched several times in that film.

I've disliked horror films since I was a kid and saw Poltergeist. That movie scared the begezus out of 7 year old me. I wouldn't go near my closet, trees or clowns for weeks, MONTHS after that. :(

The Shining creeped me mightily also.


M
 
I was highly, ummm, "affected" when I saw Poltergeist, so I have to say it had a greater impact than I think it warranted.

The Shining was one of the classic horror movies of my generation, but I hated it. From the instant you see Nicholson on screen, you know you're just counting the minutes until he snaps. The power of the book - where you see every step as the main character slowly descends into the madness - was totally lost, because of Nicholson. It was a foregone conclusion that he would freak out; it just became a matter of when.

John Carpenter's remake of The Thing was pretty damn good.
 
The Exorcist is the number one scariest movie of all time. That scared the crap out of me when I was a kid.

Damien would be second. The music really gets to you. At the end, when the "father" was taking Damien to the church to kill him, Damien starts to say, "Please don't daddy, I love you" was the scariest part. How that little evil bastard can go from wanting to rip his father's guts out, to saying he loves him with so much emotion really scared the crap out of me.

The Howling is third, for me, but most of you wont think it was that scarry. Maybe, I was not in the "mood" to be scared when I saw it, but it scared me good. I still remember wanting to sleep with a nightlight and my rifle next to me. :lol:

I never thought those Jason movies, and Holloween movies were scary at all. Nightmare on Elm Street made me laugh.
 
Originally posted by Josh
Only movie that has ever scared me was It.

That focking scared the shiot out of me when I watched it at around age 7.:nervous: I'm still scared of It.

O **** im scared, first time i saw it i only got like 1/2 way through and then had to walk home in the dark i was scared ****less



And for the Mothman Prophisies (sp) my aunts friend was on the bridge when it really colaplesed in real life.

I like the True scary movies that really happend and crap like that scares me when I get thinkin about stupid stuff
 
Originally posted by CloneHead
Just for some of you that might have missed it:
The American remake of THE RING is in the cinemas october 18th.
I doubt that it will be as scary as the original. And the story will probably have some changes too.


Well, was it different, worse or better? I saw it and liked it but i never saw the original, ill just say i was a little creeped out when the phone rang right as the movie ended and it was unavalible, I didnt think it was that scary as it was just odd and messed up.
 
ringu was a good one and a movie called THE EYE
 
Ringu scared the crap out of me!! (I started to watch it on Midnight.....:nervous:)

Texas Chain Saw Massacre was also scary as hell:( :(

And the new Dawn of the Dead was good (More disturbing than scary)
 
Originally posted by neon_duke

John Carpenter's remake of The Thing was pretty damn good.


Ooooooh yeah! 👍 It's one of my favorites. Haven't seen it in a while though, might have to take a look for it soon.

Alien was a pretty scary one too. :eek:
 
Originally posted by hanker
Who ever said blair witch project i have to laugh at you!! catch ya all l8er :darkside:

I have to agree with that. I saw it when i was 10 in a caravan, and the rest of the night me and my cousin were constantly shouting "MIKE" all through the night. The film is a joke, not a horror film.
 
whats ur favorite funny/scary movie: for example : lepreachan- in the hood , or scary movie or the fast or furious
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
I was highly, ummm, "affected" when I saw Poltergeist, so I have to say it had a greater impact than I think it warranted.

Aliens had the same effect on me. If I watched it when I was a couple of years older, I think I would have been really cynical and said things like; "That would never happen" or "Why doesn't she just blah, blah, blah?" but those people hanging on the wall in darkness waiting for death and knowing exactly what would happen to them really got to me badly. I really hated my friend for showing me the movie and I couldn't sleep properly without thinking about me or my family in the same situation as those poor hosts hanging on the wall. Horrible.

Great film though! Talk about 'adrenaline-pumping', that movie is the definition of the term.

EDIT: The other movie that effected me was An American Werewolf in London. It was more gruesome then scary and was in fact more of a black comedy rather than a scary horror movie. The particular bit, more gruesome than scary, was when 'Proctor' was ripped apart on the moors at the beginning of the movie. Man, that was literal 'behind the sofa' stuff for me!
 
Back