Sciaru BRZFRS (BreezeFrees)

• Thread starter Azuremen
  • 5,604 comments
18 hours until the reveal - 8AM central. It will be up before I get out of bed.

Edit: faulty math, may actually be up in time to watch on release

Last edited:
I've got a bad habit of turning off my alarm so I definitely will not be up to see it live.

cochespias_5-___CHupxWrp_m-___-.jpg
cochespias_6-___CHupxWrp_m-___-.jpg
cochespias_2-___CHupxWrp_m-___-.jpg
FastSave.jpg
FastSave.jpg

Source : @cochespias Instagram

Last edited:
Not bad, but a bit disappointing. Looks more like a mid-life facelift than an all new version.

The gt86/BRZ are always more impressive in the flesh than they come across in photos, so this will no doubt be the same. Not that i'll ever see one if they're not destined for Europe. :/

I’m gonna let this one simmer for a while. I like the front and the back. It feels a lot more upmarket. But the side and quarter views are a little... off? I think the vent on the front guard finishes just a bit too low which shortens the nose and throws off the flow of the car.

It could just be the press photos messing with my brain though.

I don't like how the black portion of the rear bumper juts upwards on each side of the licence plate divet. I think it might look better if it was a straight line instead of having the two "humps" because it makes the rear of the car look too tall. I like the front of the car a bit more than the current BRZ. I'd say it's a definite improvement, although I never liked the smiley face, so it's a shame for me that they carried it forward. I'm quite excited to see how the Toyota twin will look, and what kind of powertrain upgrades there will be.

Reveal fail on their site? All I see is the same teaser clip with no update.

I like it. It's not spectacular, but it's good enough. It looks like a bit of Mazda happy face with RX8 sprinkled on top of the old design.

edit: 228HP and still naturally aspirated, which is a miracle these days.

Last edited:
Been thinking about this for a little bit, and I actually really like it. They got rid of the fussy half-assed lighting fixtures and needless vents; and it has real shrunken Corvette vibes going for everything in front of the doors. If the engine improvements are as dramatic as they sound (30 more pound feet available 3000 RPM sooner), then I think this could finally be as spectacular of an overall package as the chassis always deserved.

Last edited:
Is it me or does the front of the thing look slightly too short?
They've never quite had proper coupe proportions. The greenhouse has always been right smack in the middle of the car, with an actual trunklid on the rear. They look like a sexy coupe from the front 1/4 view but from anywhere else they've always looked awkward.

The silver looks way better in these pics. Popular chosen colors over here will be silver, white and black anyway.

I like the back. Much better than the flat deck of the outgoing model. Looks sportier.

Last edited:
I think it's a touch overstyled, but...I think, an overall improvement over the current car. The interior is a little truck-like, (which is weird) but the quality seems quite a bit better vs the current model. The BRZ has always felt a little French-looking to me somehow...and this new one even more so. It could almost wear a Peugeot badge with that front end.

2022-subaru-brz-interior-dashboard.jpg

The dashboard seriously looks like something you would see in a pickup truck. I don't hate it, I just find it odd.

I dig the digital cluster though! I'm glad they didn't do a digital/animated needle which is just dumb (looking at you Nissan)
2022-subaru-brz-interior-gauge-cluster.jpg

Even has a bar-graph mode! Though...it's not as nice as others.
2022-subaru-brz-interior-gauge-cluster.jpg

edit: Damn they took a lot of inspiration from the RCF
WVU6NQn.jpg

HhTP7Wg.jpg

Last edited:
I really like the exterior from the waistline down -- the greenhouse is not a bad fit, but maybe a bit too familiar.

The sort-of-retro digital cluster is actually more charming than some fancier ones, though I think I would prefer a gauge for the speedo instead of only digits.

You know, I have to say my initial reaction wasn't very positive. But, as usual, I feel like the official press photos bring out an unpleasant unrealness to cars - photographers and automotive designers are probably thinking different things. I was watching the reveal video where the camera angles and focal lengths and lighting better approximate (I believe anyways) how the car will come across in person, and I have to say I find it really comes together. I screenshotted two particular angles that present a really fetching design, IMO.

dwH8dLD.jpg

69yFfNH.jpg

You know, I have to say my initial reaction wasn't very positive. But, as usual, I feel like the official press photos bring out an unpleasant unrealness to cars - photographers and automotive designers are probably thinking different things. I was watching the reveal video where the camera angles and focal lengths and lighting better approximate (I believe anyways) how the car will come across in person, and I have to say I find it really comes together. I screenshotted two particular angles that present a really fetching design, IMO.

Yeah, it's kind of tough to judge modern designs from the press photos. And the lights have to be on since that's a major part of the design for cars now.

This is actually a quite pleasant design. Just makes you shake your head at what BMW is doing.

Did they show the Toyota version yet? I've not seen it anywhere.

In any case, I like the new BRZ a lot, I'd strongly consider getting one in the future. Looks good and the power increase, while not a ton, is nice.
I think the previous spy shots we've seen are the 86 version because the shape of the grill is different from the BRZ that was just announced

Back