Sciaru BRZFRS (BreezeFrees)

• Thread starter Azuremen
  • 5,604 comments
VXR
I'm all for natural aspiration, but if it's not a K20 style revver, it's going to be pretty languid again.

I disagree, somewhat. 2800lbs/1270kg is a lot of weight for a naturally aspirated 2 liter, which is why the twins have always felt so unwilling. The MX-5 (ND.1 in particular) has a pretty unremarkable 2 liter, that doesn't really rev, but provides plenty of shove for the car because it's so light - NDs feel very eager even though the engine isn't very impressive on paper. On the other hand the K20 (in something like an FA5 Civic or an RSX, similar weight) gets around the displacement to vehicle weight ratio not because of it's high revs but the fact that the VTEC system allows it to retain a solid mid range torque curve. I think that the extra 400cc of displacement could do a lot of good for the twins even if the headline figures don't appear that exciting. Of course I've been saying this since 2016. :lol:

Better pics.

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/08/a...next-to-mustang-and-it-might-be-turbocharged/

2022-Subaru-BRZ-4.jpg
2022-Subaru-BRZ-5.jpg
2022-Subaru-BRZ-7.jpg

Nice to see it is evolving with a more sculpted rear end. Can't help but notice how similar the bootlid and lights are to the first-gen Opel/Vauxhall Insignia though.
vauxhall-insignia-vxr-supersport-2.jpg

2022-Subaru-BRZ-15.jpg

The trunk lid looks like they forgot to extend it to the end of the car. The style of lights protruding out from the body to look aggressive got old awhile ago.

It's hard to tell, but it appears to be a nicer shape than the current car, especially the far less fussy front detailing. The rear also looks more purposeful. I'm starting to get a little excited about this...

It's hard to tell, but it appears to be a nicer shape than the current car, especially the far less fussy front detailing. The rear also looks more purposeful. I'm starting to get a little excited about this...
The BRZ has always looked better in that regard.

BreezeFrees drivetrain would have been fine (not particularly good, but fine) if it had torque across the rev range. Even if Toyota decide to not murder the Supra less than a year after they debuted the $15,000 overpriced 4 cylinder model by making the next BreezeFrees have the same amount of power and probably still weigh 400 pounds less, a 2.4 with power delivery anything like the K24 would still be a substantial improvement over the current car.

Nice to see it is evolving with a more sculpted rear end. Can't help but notice how similar the bootlid and lights are to the first-gen Opel/Vauxhall Insignia though.
vauxhall-insignia-vxr-supersport-2.jpg

2022-Subaru-BRZ-15.jpg
I don't usually agree with this "looks like" nonsense but this one made me lol.

Reminds me of the older Panamera

628_p9_l.jpg
All I gotta say is, if I recall correctly, in an old Automobile Magazine article, when the WRX debuted in the states, one of the heads of Subaru mentioned they wanted to model the company after Porsche.
Maybe Subaru had some input to the exterior. I mean, the Bugeye WRX looked like a Porsche, kinda. :scared:

All I gotta say is, if I recall correctly, in an old Automobile Magazine article, when the WRX debuted in the states, one of the heads of Subaru mentioned they wanted to model the company after Porsche.
Maybe Subaru had some input to the exterior. I mean, the Bugeye WRX looked like a Porsche, kinda. :scared:

Pretty sure Subaru is leading the show on the BRZ/86. It's like all Subaru with Toyota direct injection.

I would love for Subaru to do a mid-engine sports car after the BRZ. Boxer engines are pretty well suited for it and I think Subaru could do an interesting one. I bet Toyota would pay them to put an MR2 badge on it too.

I would love for Subaru to do a mid-engine sports car after the BRZ. Boxer engines are pretty well suited for it and I think Subaru could do an interesting one. I bet Toyota would pay them to put an MR2 badge on it too.

A £7k+ cheaper Cayman rival? Interesting.

As long as the Toyota does, the Subaru's no great loss. I think the Toyota has outsold the Subaru pretty considerably over here - Subaru just doesn't have the dealer network or the profile.

That's a real bold move making a sports car a US-only release when all consumers seem to want over here in North America is gigantic trucks and SUVs.

Back