Scirocco R Cup

• Thread starter Fezz_ST
  • 287 comments
I wouldn't worry about missing the odd race, the worst that will happen is you will score 0 points :lol:

Okay I'm in this just for fun, but I have a load of stuff on and off throughout the year (band, sports etc.) so I will likely miss a few races. So if it's okay if I sign up as more of a casual racer, then count me in.

not a problem at all mate, I wouldn't consider this to be a die hard series anyway

if you could post up your timezone in GMT and car number you want to use I'll get you added on the list

Can I have car #24? I am GMT -5. It looks like most of you guys are British, so I guess I'll be racing in the late afternoon instead of at night!

This my finished design:

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

What I just finished working on.

And let me know if I did something wrong. I figured it looked cool to have one zero reversed but if that is in bad taste for racing, I can switch it back. I also didn't know what to do with that what I assumed was a name plate with the numbers. So, I used part of my actual last name. Was I supposed to leave that?? Otherwise, I think this as it is if I can.

EDIT:
And I started with sim steering again tonight and had no problems there. I don't think I felt anything different over normal steering. But I will start working on ABS tomorrow night now.

EDIT 2:
I am not sure what every ones plan are tomorrow is but someone wants to startup a lobby tomorrow even and test, it could be fun. Around 7-9 PM CST, maybe later if needed. And I have a three day weekend for the holiday and lots of free time if anyone wants to test/ race/ practice then.

Bry the only things I'm going to complain about is the numberbox ,numbers and I would prefer if the car had a livery instead of just a colour, but feel free to make up you own livery using the unlocked decals on the car, leave the standard decals normal, but if you duplicate any to use on your livery you're free to change the colour etc. Of them, the 'R GmbH' in the numberbox should stay as it is and I would prefer the numbers be clearly visible :)

Myself, Tiddy, Hennessey, Steve and Melting Brains had a few races last night, from what I saw this Is going to be some crazy close racing :D

Couple of pics showing how close the racing was

6547980841_ae49dce968.jpg

I actually managed to save this :lol:
6547980541_f220a6c693.jpg

6547980399_d510af21c0.jpg

How awesome is a full grid going to look! :D
6547980293_42eebd4229.jpg

6547980179_e4b5861493.jpg

6547980079_3f23a4df5d.jpg

Bry the only things I'm going to complain about is the numberbox ,numbers and I would prefer if the car had a livery instead of just a colour, but feel free to make up you own livery using the unlocked decals on the car, leave the standard decals normal, but if you duplicate any to use on your livery you're free to change the colour etc. Of them, the 'R GmbH' in the numberbox should stay as it is and I would prefer the numbers be clearly visible :)

So, basically everything is wrong. Muah hahahaha. Hmm, so can I use any logos I want, say if I turn it into and old Gulf livery or add muscle car stickers or do they have to be more contemporary designs?

You can do anything you like mate, even have a look on google for Scirocco designs if your stuck, plenty of real life liverys that would be easily re-created and if you are stuck for custom decals I'll happily make you some as long as I can do them properly :P

Is rather do something unique than recreate one. I can always buy designs people have made.

Can I get rid of the giant VW logo on the top or any actual VW writing or logos as long as I keep the sponsor logos on bumpers, etc?

Myself, Tiddy, Hennessey, Steve and Melting Brains had a few races last night, from what I saw this Is going to be some crazy close racing :D

Yeah it was crazy close! Too bad I didn't have a Scirocco yet *hint hint nudge nudge* :D

Still working on my paint though.. a fantasy race livery is allowed, right? 'Cause I recreated Daniel Lloyd's car, but it's a bit boring :P Nevermind, I read it above already :cheers:

Hey Fezz can you do me a generic livery like the ones above (ie. color, number plate, couple ads...). I already have a sweet Red Bull livery from the storefront, but I'd prefer to customize mine a bit.

Hi everyone. if there are any spots open still count me in. Just finished my first series over at wardez's miata series and had a blast. dj and crispy ran in it to. If this runs anything like that one i am down even thou i run in the back of the pack most of the time. Dj is one fast sob in that miata of his but fast clean racing no matter where i place is always fun to me. Number 22 if it not taken please

Ok, so I took the little bugger around Suzuka for 10 laps. Managed only one clean lap at 2:22.9xx. Felt pretty good but I bet I could get another full second off. Most lap times were in the 2:25.xxx range though. And did this with sim steering and ABS off. I am doing decently not locking the brakes up but when I do, I only catch it and downshift to save myself about half the time. The other half of the time I skid into the grass or the car wants to go butt first around the corner.

And I redid my livery. I added some logos and reworked the numbers and box. I kept the CF hood and roof but decided against your recommendation to keep the VW logo. I just can't stand it.

If its @afternoon, then I can make them, since I'm GMT+8 and the races are Monday 3AM for me D:

If you do change the times, I'm in with car #2

OP Updated, I have removed artboy76 from the list since he has not made contact since his first post in the thread

Some shots of my fantasy Scirocco R livery that I'll be using:

scirocco1

scirocco2

scirocco3

Consider these previews.. I changed some stuff already :P

@Steve30b: If you want I could create this one for you in a different colour scheme? Let me know if you'd like that and which colour you'd want. Also, your racing number :D

Back