Scirocco Super Lap

I play GT6 to stay sharp for actual road racing when the spring comes, I already know I'm not going to spend enough time to crack the top 100 leaderboard. Racing with fake handling assists is of zero interest to me, and does nothing for advancing my abilities as a driver. I bought GT, not NFS, why the hell would I waste time chasing the Ridge Racer ringers on the leaderboard?

Well now, that's not being elitist now is it. :rolleyes: I understand where you are coming from, but it sounds like iRacing may better fit your needs. That way, you can leave us "Ridge Racer ringers" to our own devices.

Oh, btw, just improved to a 1'27'.792....with SRF engaged of course and chasing down the rest of my Ridge Racer friends. :lol:

EDIT: Disregard the above time improvement. I thought I was in the Andretti "Hudson" TT thread. :dunce: Silly me. :lol:

Last edited:
Didn't realise that everyone was using srf was thinking why am I so far back then turn it on and I'm in top 250 nice tune bandit really helped knock a few seconds off my previous best

Just did a 1:24.333 for 54th
I can see a 23 now.
Really enjoying the benifits of using a wheel now took a few days to adjust from not using the ds3 but starting to get quicker

Last edited:
WHAAAT? I just did a 1:24:479. Im 65th! FIRST TIME EVER that im in the Top 100.:cheers::cheers::cheers::gtpflag:
Used Bandits setup, so thanks very much Bandit!!!

Thanks Bandit! I shaved almost 1.5 seconds off - enough for me to get Silver. I use a wheel, but I have a paralyzed right leg.

Not sure if his comment smacked of elitism but adding one's self to the ranks of the elite sure does.

What??? Before I take your comment the wrong way, do you care to elaborate. If I read into your message correctly, sounds like you're calling me out as elite just because I choose to compete with the guys on the leaderboard. If that's the case, you couldn't be more wrong my friend.

Im going to enjoy this TT.

Had a quick go earlier using a controller (couldn't be bothered with wheel) and with stock tuning and stage 3 weight reduction I managed a 1.25:103 after 4 laps.

Going to have a go with my wheel later after some tuning.

LOL at the Ridge Racer ringers comment. You advance your driving skills by testing yourself against the rest of the world. If many set SRF to on then do the same and see how high up the leaderboard you can get. Does make me laugh when some people have this almighty attitude because they do not use assists!

On my real life car I have traction control ON. I wonder how many people who complain about the aids used in GT try ro remove all their assists on their real cars to get a "a real experience"..........

What??? Before I take your comment the wrong way, do you care to elaborate. If I read into your message correctly, sounds like you're calling me out as elite just because I choose to compete with the guys on the leaderboard. If that's the case, you couldn't be more wrong my friend.
No, he's calling the guy who made the original comment an elitist, chill your beans ;)

No, he's calling the guy who made the original comment an elitist, chill your beans ;)

Well, not really sure how to take it...but if you say so. :confused: And watch who you're telling to chill, I'm quite a bit older than you. :lol: That's like having one of my kids tell me that. :lol:

Ran Bone stock... hell the prizecar had a layer of dust on it. (And by the look of it so did my Front wheel drive skillset!)
Ripped out all the driver aids. - Left the brake bias alone.

I'll admit I don't enjoy Front wheel drive cars. I tend to over work the front tyres... and then armed with minimal grip on the front I can't accelerate, brake or steer. (Nothing new here!)

I ran a lot of laps here. I love the track but the car was tough for me to get the most out of it. If I hooked my best sectors up, I would get gold.
If...

I chipped away, and my times consistently dropped. But Alas my best hooked up lap was...
1m30.411
438pp,252bhp,1410europounds
No driver aids. Stock car.

Fun in a cruel way - I know I can get Gold. just a matter of getting good lines in a few critical corners.

On my real life car I have traction control ON. I wonder how many people who complain about the aids used in GT try ro remove all their assists on their real cars to get a "a real experience"..........

One of my favorite cars was the 350z, until I auto crossed one and realized stability control couldn't be fully defeated, that completely turned me off. A year later I bought an frs, and all electric bs is turned fully off regardless of what I'm doing.

Mr hash, nice time I'll see if I have anything for you tonight or this weekend. I'll even see if bandits tune works on cars without performance band aids.

Ryk
Ran Bone stock... hell the prizecar had a layer of dust on it. (And by the look of it so did my Front wheel drive skillset!)
Ripped out all the driver aids. - Left the brake bias alone.

I'll admit I don't enjoy Front wheel drive cars. I tend to over work the front tyres... and then armed with minimal grip on the front I can't accelerate, brake or steer. (Nothing new here!)

I ran a lot of laps here. I love the track but the car was tough for me to get the most out of it. If I hooked my best sectors up, I would get gold.
If...

I chipped away, and my times consistently dropped. But Alas my best hooked up lap was...
1m30.411
438pp,252bhp,1410europounds
No driver aids. Stock car.

Fun in a cruel way - I know I can get Gold. just a matter of getting good lines in a few critical corners.

Congrats on your lap time and kudos for doing it with no aids. 👍

Cheers GTPCR

Running an OLR thing - we get 25 laps/7 days to prove just how bad we are bone stock no aids and what not.

Then next week we can bolt on hotlapper settings if we want to challenge the best in the world... Or in my case get a gold so I can win the shiny shiny pretty paint chip.

We all love the shiny shiny paint chip.

On an Added fun thing. I can bolt on a proper set up and see just how much a good set up improves a car.

Matte Pink... That's Not Shiny - Why Kaz? Why!

Last edited:
Thanks for the tune Bandit. I assume your memory of the track is fresh from those WRS races? :P

Mine is. :mischievous: I doubt I'll bother you guys in D1 at the very top of the seasonals board, but I do want to try for top 1000. :)

Edit: I took four laps, ended up with 1:25.703 for 373rd. :D Out of - and I'm still scrolling - 5000+

Edit #2: At least 11,000 players already. :eek: I feel proud.

Last edited:
You guys are really fast !

It took me quite a painful night to get gold. Instead, other two MR -- X bow and NSX -- are relatively easy, I got gold at the 2nd lap in both of them. However, I was stuck in this should-be-easy FF hatch back and very familiar old track.

Eventually I found replay data of the top 10 players in the menu. They can be downloaded, as media playback or ghost. They are so bloody quick, in a way that I thought to myself -- is this really the same car/tire as I drive?

I took one of them as ghost, and just saw it pulled away right at the start. Soon I lost it entirely and could just see the gap in time. Finally I managed to shrink the gap bit by bit, and got gold (in a close call).

Tough!

Is it bad that I had to use SRF to get gold? The whole race was agonizing with the huge amount of understeer, even after using someone else's tune.

IMy tip is to reduce the cars weight instead of tuning the power.

Thanks, this helps big time. At first I was like WTF, then I realized you could TUNE the car! because stock I was nowhere near the pace. So I just bolted on more power (duh). However that doesn't really help as the tires just turn squeal constantly. Which explains the SRF guys crazy low times. I drive with no aids over then ABS and was still struggling so get within .3xx of gold. So I figured the thing was just a pig. Sure enought, take the weight off and it's more manageable. Clearly needs so transmission work too. I normally like this track but not with this car. Plus when drive it "normally" there are several corners you can cut but still be on pavement.

Great tune you made @BanditKarter22 :)
With his permission I modded the tune and made it a little bit more forgiving for us not so god like drivers :bowdown:
Sicrocco R '10 it's at 460 PP CS per Seasonal requirements.
Bandit took it for a spin said it was solid.
Thank you for the base tune bandit :) I am no good with FF from scratch.

Edit fixed the PP value had the NSX super lap stuck in my head O_o

Last edited:
Back