Searching For Evidence of Hidden Things

• Thread starter HACKr
  • 3,353 comments
Well its plausible, but I'm not quite sure. Will look into it.....

and if it does work, it will just appear as black...... as gt2 doesnt have the detail capabilities to show carbon fiber....... also if I was to try to replicate the carbon weave pattern it will most likely show up as way to big of a weave...... because the texture map goes by pixel by pixel.

Another thing that has to be considered is hopefully the coloring shows up as the right palette(which it should {hince the restored renault logo on the laguna rm front bumper/bar)

But most likely black would be the safest bet.... (aka spoon civic type r)......
I think that would be an achievement regardless. I think black or dark grey will be sufficient enough.

Hello again, still suffering with this crappy flu, well the local news has said over 17 kids and well over 50 adults have died from this flu in my state alone.......... but I did finally eat the other day and also today........ so I feel well enough to post this:

GT2 PAL "EUROBEAT" Music Mod

https://mega.nz/#!L0FSiLAL!SzgYFJhAI49WHgA182_xt7kFrNZkPN3sCftzUPXCbAI

(Sorry 1 song isn't a eurobeat song, but it worked...... lol)

Just use CDmage B5 to use the music.dat file......the same way as a .vol file.........

Have fun with a brand new in-race music soundtrack! (Please let me know any feedback is welcome!!!!)

Have a good one!
B_Rad88

Hello again, still suffering with this crappy flu, well the local news has said over 17 kids and well over 50 adults have died from this flu in my state alone.......... but I did finally eat the other day and also today........ so I feel well enough to post this:

GT2 PAL "EUROBEAT" Music Mod

https://mega.nz/#!L0FSiLAL!SzgYFJhAI49WHgA182_xt7kFrNZkPN3sCftzUPXCbAI

(Sorry 1 song isn't a eurobeat song, but it worked...... lol)

Just use CDmage B5 to use the music.dat file......the same way as a .vol file.........

Have fun with a brand new in-race music soundtrack! (Please let me know any feedback is welcome!!!!)

Have a good one!
B_Rad88
Are you feeling better mate?
It sounds like a serious flu.

Are you feeling better mate?
It sounds like a serious flu.

Yes and no, and it is a serious horrid flu. Hospital said straind type A flu....... but atleast not running temps at the moment, able to eat, and gotta go to work......lost 22lbs in the 1st 2-weeks of this flu....... but I'm still having problems with chest congestion and breathing plus coughing all the time with possiblity of having walking pneumonia.............. so things are half n half at the moment........

but I have finished a few more sound track mods in my down time....... I just can't focus on hex coding right now..... so the car textures took a break.......

No, just replace and rebuild. Thats all!
I was just asking because I'm on v1.2, plus the files sizes are a bit different but I'll check later.

Right now I can't edit the track billboards since both Tim2View and TimViewer wanna crash whenever I try to import a new .tim file.

Nevermind it appears I was trying to import a .bmp lmao

Last edited:
I was just asking because I'm on v1.2, plus the files sizes are a bit different but I'll check later.

Right now I can't edit the track billboards since both Tim2View and TimViewer wanna crash whenever I try to import a new .tim file.

Nevermind it appears I was trying to import a .bmp lmao

All I play on is ntsc/u v1.2! Because of less bugs and glitches. That laguna came from v1.2 but after modding and repacking its size changed for some odd reason.....but still works perfectly fine in every final version of gt2.

And yeah it will only import .tim files not .bmp. also there is a specific way the .tims have to be, pay attention to bbps, and actual WxH size, ect. It all matters!

All I play on is ntsc/u v1.2! Because of less bugs and glitches. That laguna came from v1.2 but after modding and repacking its size changed for some odd reason.....but still works perfectly fine in every final version of gt2.

And yeah it will only import .tim files not .bmp. also there is a specific way the .tims have to be, pay attention to bbps, and actual WxH size, ect. It all matters!
Got that covered, but, actually, where do I change the files? In the "decomp" folder or the ".crstims.tsd" file? I changed it in the decomp file and, unless I'm doing something wrong, the billboards remain unchanged when I go to check them out.

You have to change the compressed files, the repacker doesn't take decomp files into account, which is a bit unfortunate, but a minor inconvenience, since 7zip can compress to .gz
Nice! That just means I have to get 7zip but no worries.

Trying to change the billboards because I doubt a company like Tommy Kaira has enough money laying around to sponsor, although i could be wrong.

ah the billboards. So you mean the crstim.tsd. Problem with tha one is that I think you'll need to hex edit? I'm not sure you can access the .tim and most of all, repack them into the .tsd... but good luck :D

So I got the billboard swaps down, but sadly it came at the cost of my old save game since I must've done something that completely bricked the old save lmao

PSOGL003.png
PSOGL007.png

Also, great job @B_rad88! on the Laguna! Came out mint.

PSOGL005.png

So how'd you get the billboards to work? What was the process?
I’ll explain more when I’m on my computer, but basically you’re gonna use Tim2Viewer and the regular Timviewer to edit the decompressed crstim.tsd, and then use 7zip to replace the crstim.tsd inside the compressed .gz file.

Sorry I didnt answer in time. I lost my grandmother thursday night. Shes in a better place now!

But yes thats basically correct. But as you also saw the new .tims have to be same count of bbps, and also the HxW size, but yes any picture can be made into billboards.

Screenshot_2017-05-29-16-12-08.png

Also I made a custom track months ago and shared. Its also in my video on youtube.

So what you need to pull it off is basically parts of my logo editing tutorial and the usage of Tim2View and TimViewer. I'm still somewhat skeptical of the whole thing since it always seems to change the size of the crstims.tsd.gz file and I'm not sure what the long term damage would be. Anyways, still, I'm gonna probably mod this game until it crashes so without further ado...

• You're gonna be messing with the crstim.tsd file within the "decomp" folder. It should be the only file there. You're gonna use Tim2View and scan that file. You should be greeted with a menu that has about 95 entries.
  • Select any of the files you want to edit. Say you're confused as to how in the world Lister has enough money to sponsor a giant billboard on the discount Twin Ring Motegi. From there, you're simply going to export the file as a .tim file.
(this is where you'll go ahead and use my logo editing tutorial since it is *kinda* self-explanatory from there, although you'll select 8 colors instead of 16. Also, you'll wanna avoid using the #000000 color since pure black ends up being transparent.)

However, when your logo is ready, you'll wanna pay attention to the following details:
  • You're gonna import the new billboard into the decompressed crstims.tsd file, so open up the file using Tim2View. Once there, locate the file/billboard you chose to edit and take note of the IMAGE and CLUT coordinates. Keep the program running as you open up TimViewer.
  • In TimViewer, you'll now open up your new billboard .bmp file. Please note, if you receive a prompt for IMAGE and CLUT coordinates, just hit OK as you won't use them yet. Additionally, I recommend you delete the .tim you got from Tim2View as I cannot guarantee that the CLUT and IMAGE coordinates will transfer to your new exported .tim when you overwrite.
  • In any case, if you do indeed delete the .tim you got from Tim2View, export your edited .bmp as a .tim and this is where the program will ask for the CLUT and IMAGE coordinates that are listed on Tim2View. Simply copy these coordinates over and you should be ready to import.
  • When you're done editing, open up the compressed crstims.tsd.gz and simply copy over the crstims.tsd in that folder with your edited one.

Condolences @B_radd88!

On topic, would be interested in the tutorial for the billboards.

Thank You.

@Gerarghini I did plan on a vid tut incase if its deleted here, like how my title screen mod tut was deleted.

I also did plan on vid tuts for title screen, boot screen, how to convert a us version into japanese, sound track mods (2 versions), engine sound mod, as well as the billboard tut and how to make custom rims with dish lip!

Condolences @B_rad88!, sorry to hear that : /

Awhile ago RandomCarGuy17 posted a video about the beta cars shown in the Prima's Official Strategy Guide. I've recently bought the book aswell and I decided to take a look at the cars.. Here is what I've found (I didn't include the beta cars already discovered by RandomCarGuy17)

The [R] Audi A4 2.8 quattro is quite different between this render and the final version model. This beta version has Sheel sponsors instead of Castrol, Red sticker on the front glass, Red rearview mirrors and no "A4" text in the front nameplate (NOT PRESENT IN ANY DEMO BUILD).

JPEG_20180211_030804.jpg

FINAL VERSION OF THE CAR:

puzzolende.jpg

Mazda MX-5 Miata 1.6 with a white roof cover

JPEG_20180211_020910.jpg

Mazda MX-5 1.8 VS '98 with a black roof cover

JPEG_20180211_021217.jpg

Honda Prelude Type-SH with a blue color, not present in the final game nor in the demos

JPEG_20180211_015723.jpg

Beta Lotus Elise 135 with no 135 decal

20180211_032320.jpg

Hidden Acura Integra LS Racing Modification

JPEG_20180211_025700.jpg

Several car models taken from the Test Drive disc:

Opel Astra SRI 2.0i 16V with this deleted color

20180211_033027.jpg

Chevrolet Camaro SS '97 with the deleted blue color

20180211_033836.jpg

Dodge Avenger with the deleted yellow color

20180211_034252.jpg

I didn't post that because that's actually the racing modification for the Audi S4, not the regular A4:

Oh, for some reasons I thought that was the Racing Modification of the Audi A4, my bad.

About the wheels.. Several other cars have different wheels aswell, like the Aston Martin DB7 Racing Modification.

Condolences @B_rad88!, sorry to hear that : /

Awhile ago RandomCarGuy17 posted a video about the beta cars shown in the Prima's Official Strategy Guide. I've recently bought the book aswell and I decided to take a look at the cars.. Here is what I've found (I didn't include the beta cars already discovered by RandomCarGuy17)

Thank You.

And I hope you didn't spend to much for that guide. Lol.

But I did drop $40us on a jdm japanese gt2 stratagey guide book! Its amazing! With some pictures of real cars, the tracks are shown in 3d model mesh! And its over 600 pages! The best xmas present to my self. Still on the hunt for more gt2 stuff..........

Edit: added ebay pics.

s-l400-236.jpg

And I got this for $4.50us
s-l400-141.jpg

Last edited:
Back