Searching For Evidence of Hidden Things

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 2' started by HACKr, Mar 30, 2006.

1. j0nny0093

j0nny0093

Cool , the Citroen Saxo looks like the one in the Citroen Special Event background picture:)

TannerD92 and Overload_35 like this.
  2. CTznOfTime

CTznOfTime

3. submaniac93

submaniac93

Yup, all known, in fact some of the people around are the ones that made the page ^^

SiriusR and karelpipa like this.
  4. Overload_35

Overload_35

Delete

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    Harsk100 likes this.
  5. submaniac93

submaniac93

Sorry but that's not "new" per se. It might not be widely known but every car sounds has NA and T variants. In GT2, they rarely sound the same. And if the engine doesn't have any car that use it tat's either T or NA, the unused type will have its sounds replaced by a short beep file (that's the UFO sound the Demio A-spec has, as it lacks T sounds).
    Other cars such as a Civic SiR, both AE86 models, the Demio, the RB25 cars (such as in your video) and some others have dual type sounds like this ^^

6. Overload_35

Overload_35

This is really very interesting, especially because I didn't expect there to be other machines with standard sound that changes if the turbo is fitted. In the end I simply brought back something to which I had found strange.

7. submaniac93

submaniac93

No worries ^^

8. TannerD92

TannerD92

I don't know if the section is correct but there is a circuit (test_j) in GT2 TD which in that demo won't work but in GT2 retail it surprisingly works.

Obiously it's a Jump test circuit,but interesting to see.

EDIT:i've added a second video with better exploration:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  9. submaniac93

submaniac93

It's been known for a while that japanese releases of GT often have some minor differences, but i found out 2 days ago that GT2's japanese release has different rally physics. See for yourselves~

EDIT: *the next day*
    So thanks to yesterday's (above) discovery, i was able to determine what a flag that's specific to the Pike's Peak cars does!
    Left side is vanilla, right side has the car modded to use the flag in question on its tire.

EDIT2: NOT A FLAG! Dum-dum me forgot what i was looking at wasn't a flag but a different tire compound. Yes, the PP cars have a unique tire compound. So this pretty much validates that the rally physics were changed as a whole in order to add more grip, and greatly reduces the effects of this compound. It still might give more grip, but it isn't as noticeable.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  10. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

JP rally physics looks so much more fun.

Is the "flag" also present on the road tyres for Escudo/Cultus? I remember reading that these 2 cars have special tyres that provide more grip, which explains why they are faster than anything else in the game (e.g. GT-One Road Car has similar P2W to Escudo but considerably slower, even accounting for drivetrain difference).

11. pez2k

pez2k

No, they use normal tyre compounds for every other set, it's just that there are two sets of Dirt tyres, both of which are named 'Dirt'. The Cultus and Escudo get the second compound, everything else with dirt tyres gets the first.

LeGeNd-1 likes this.
  12. submaniac93

submaniac93

Yeah i've added addendums correcting the flag thing...

13. Lee Der

Lee Der

Guys, I think Palm Strip (cut dragrace track) had to be a in-game version of the drag strip of the Palm Beach International Raceway in Florida https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palm_Beach_International_Raceway And I've found something interesting: Silvia Spec-R and Spec-R D-right have a bit different models. D-rights have a spoiler but there is no spoiler on the stock Spec-R.

14. karelpipa

karelpipa

Plam Strip is actually Plum Strip. A placeholder name for Apricot Hill. IIRC

Doomotron likes this.
  15. Lee Der

Lee Der

I think Apricot Hill is used as a placeholder to Palm Strip

16. pez2k

pez2k

As mentioned above, 'Palm Strip' is a mistaken correction of 'Plam Strip', which was a typo for 'Plum Strip', which was the original name for Apricot Hill. A track named 'Palm Strip' never existed, and Apricot Hill is exactly the same thing as Plum Strip (in the same way that Prawn Speedway became Grand Valley Speedway).

The license Silvia is the Spec R Aero, which does have a wing. It's completely identical to the normal Spec R Aero other than the D-Rights text and a different set of wheels from the Spec S.

Lee Der likes this.
  17. karelpipa

karelpipa

I didnt realize it was him again. I think he will be the first member who i'll set to ignore list.

Overload_35 likes this.
  18. SuperFrizzio

SuperFrizzio

At the very start of the video there is a clip showing a racing modified Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR / Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV Rally Car with a yellow colour scheme. The car only comes with the white colour scheme in the final version of the game. All of the demo builds (Including the Test Drive Disc one) didn't even have the body finished, leading to the theory that this is a later build, right before the final version, perhaps given to reviewers.

[​IMG]

Harsk100 likes this.