Season Over

  • Thread starter Thread starter gtuuk73
  • 123 comments
  • 7,762 views
That was some great racing....no cautions....totaly different game plans, and we all came together at the end for a great finish. Good win Gtuuk.
 
good win tuuck , real good racing me and cam had something going but after a terrible pit blunder > me hitting the wall entering the pits my night was over 👎
 
Thanks guys it was a great race bye everyone...Rouch if you had a spin you should have yelled caution im sorry that i didnt see it I was very busy tonight keeping it in a straight line. If I would have seen it I would have called caution but, i didnt see a spinning triangle on the map.
 
Nice win Gtuuk. Good race guys, I lost the draft after pitting... ended up a lap down. Just want to mention during qual. we have to exit pits on backstretch. I saw a couple cars that did not. 2 points go to pole sitter, and therefore we should all try to follow the rules. I know track pos. doesnt mean alot at Daytona, but I would like to think I have a chance to get the 2 points someday.
 
rouch if you had a spin you should have yelled caution
no way that was a caution' I just came in way to Hot! ..Part of racing making good pit stops.....
 
Nice win Gtuuk. Good race guys, I lost the draft after pitting... ended up a lap down. Just want to mention during qual. we have to exit pits on backstretch. I saw a couple cars that did not. 2 points go to pole sitter, and therefore we should all try to follow the rules. I know track pos. doesnt mean alot at Daytona, but I would like to think I have a chance to get the 2 points someday.
Nhclint this is a sorry thing for me to see after 5 weeks of racing. Although during q i dont thing this will have a impact on your qual time. It is still part of the rules to enter the track on the backstretch EVEN DURING PRACTICE AND QUAL SESSIONS.
 
Gtuuk I'm really sorry for not showing up. Yesterday took the biscuit, my mum messed up my router by switching it off from the plug socket. Lost all router settings so my brother sorted it out just now.
 
Last edited:
Our races are better than the crap I am watching on tv right now.

Correction. That race was junk. If the Day 500 is like that count me out
 
Last edited:
I agree.....But it looks like towards the end they realized that 4 cars run pretty good together.....Honestly it did look like watching the replay from the other night except with more cautions. I do love the look of the new nose though. It looks alot like a racecar. I hope 2011 has the new look. and paint skeems. The #29 looks sweet
 
I think i have figured out some connection issues we have been having. This weeks race will be in a open lobby fixed host. I had 16 person rooms going from countries all over the world and had little if any lag. Voice quality seems to be better but not 100%. Only problem i see with this is if I get disconnected so does everyone else. So if we are 95 laps in and i get dc'd we loose it all.
 
Sounds promising - see you Friday if not before.
 
I think i have figured out some connection issues we have been having. This weeks race will be in a open lobby fixed host. I had 16 person rooms going from countries all over the world and had little if any lag. Voice quality seems to be better but not 100%. Only problem i see with this is if I get disconnected so does everyone else. So if we are 95 laps in and i get dc'd we loose it all.

Thats what I'm saying!

Good Luck
 
I think i have figured out some connection issues we have been having. This weeks race will be in a open lobby fixed host. I had 16 person rooms going from countries all over the world and had little if any lag. Voice quality seems to be better but not 100%. Only problem i see with this is if I get disconnected so does everyone else. So if we are 95 laps in and i get dc'd we loose it all.

If you get disconnected, im cool with starting over again....Ill make believe the race was red flaged do to rain.:)
 
If Chad is capturing it, we'll know the correct running order for a restart, but I don't think the odds of you getting disconnected are very high.
 
Well the past 4 nights ive been hosting it like this and had full rooms and didnt get disconnected.
 
hi to everyone, GTUUK I signed up here, I wonder if there is any possibility of participating in the FND racing, I am Brazilian I speak a little English, I play a clean race and I have the mic, I would love to be playing with you guys, I saw this forum of your data in GT5, thank you
 
If Chad is capturing it, we'll know the correct running order for a restart, but I don't think the odds of you getting disconnected are very high.

I do not capture live racing. Since the only thing you can see is ME! :lol: Which is not bad, since I am the Master & Commander of the universe.

Live Events I push Live Steaming
Capturing Events, I do with replays.

Oh right, my point. My point is, that will not work unless I capture live. I can if Gtuuk asks me too.
 
I just read about todays update... looks like some pretty cool things they added. I dont know if its listed on this site, but if not check it on gran turismo.com. I guess we can change gear ratios, power limiters and weight adj. Im stuck at work and wont have time to play with new settings before fnd. Any body up for b-spec racing online?:drool:
 
Some very cool things!!

I read that you can now use Custom tracks online, which, if you can create circuit tracks, would be great.

Hope the patch isn't too big. I'm usually cutting it pretty close to get into the lobby by 7:00pm as it is.
 
Yep yep, wondering if this will change anything for the series, as now you can apparently set the seperate gear ratios / ballast etc. Would this help with resricted plates to make more realistic speeds?
 
I tested restrictor plate racing last night, it's not 100% accurate to this year's lap times, but it's close and fun, and much more pleasant with heavy damage use. 552 hp limit is what I used, with 205 and 211 gearing.
 
I just raced Joe and Stormtroopers Bspec drivers in a remote race. My guy got smoked.
 
Weight: 3,200 lb (1,451 kg) (without driver, fuel); 3,400 lb (1,542 kg) (with driver, fuel).[27]

Power Output: 865 hp (645 kW) unrestricted; 445 hp (332 kW) with restrictor plate (2007).[28

Those numbers are the correct horse power. I believe Toyota was getting way better a few years ago. http://autoracingsport.com/toyota-has-horsepower-advantage-at-daytona/

SCANA will run with those power settings. This update is a very need one. Plus with the track maker's online presence and added banking features, we might be able to make some ovals.
 
Last edited:
Your lap times will be too slow. We tested 446 on up to 600 hp. Q times accurate with lower power, but draft is hella slow. 552 is a good middle ground, also adding 200 kg was interesting.
 
Also, make sure your reference numbers are bhp and not rwhp.
 
Also, make sure your reference numbers are bhp and not rwhp.

I'll want to see it for myself, but will you guys help me test, to get the HP where these cars should be.

Thanks
 
Summary of my race: Hung back to save fuel for first 2/3 of the race. Half the field went a lap down when a caution came out among the pitstops. I pushed Gtuuk until another caution came out, enabling us 2 to get our lap back. Final few laps: outside lane stacked up and I got the worst of it. Bad frontal damage, and nearly spun. Lost the draft because of that, and came 8th (I think it was 8th >____>). So once again, when I have a chance of doing well, I finish poorly. I don't think I've come in the top 7 in any FND race yet.
 
Back