Season Over

  • Thread starter Thread starter gtuuk73
  • 123 comments
  • 7,762 views
I've thought it through. I will not be competing anymore in FND until we have better communication. Voice Chat sucks. I'm sick of not being able to hear others, choppy voice, lag voice and the confusion that comes out of all that. I would assume not racing, because I'm not having fun anymore. Its no fun when everyone is confused and cannot follow the rules right.

Tonights race was among the worst in communication.

As for the "FIXED HOST" server. That obviously did not do much for us. There was a lot of lag from what I saw.

Summary of my race: Hung back to save fuel for first 2/3 of the race. Half the field went a lap down when a caution came out among the pitstops. I pushed Gtuuk until another caution came out, enabling us 2 to get our lap back. Final few laps: outside lane stacked up and I got the worst of it. Bad frontal damage, and nearly spun. Lost the draft because of that, and came 8th (I think it was 8th >____>). So once again, when I have a chance of doing well, I finish poorly. I don't think I've come in the top 7 in any FND race yet.

Sorry to hear that Joe.

I almost got taken out two times in the last 2 laps. The first time I recovered. The second time, it cost me a top 5.


Frustrated Driver signing out.
 
Ya, tonight the lag was killer not to mention the yellows during the first and second pits.
 
I was fine all race and had a great finish but hate to see good guys get taken out by the same jerk driving every week they try.

There should be punishment for driving like a jerk. Every time a someone decides no matter what to never lift in the last 5 laps and spoil the fun for a lot of guys who try to drive clean. Seriously, ask the guys who came in 1st and 2nd: I let them get a run on me and held my usual line without even trying to block or run them aggressively in any way... I went from 1st to 3rd at the finish. More often than not, I've been put in the wall when the roles are reversed. Should we have consequences, or is that just what we should expect at Daytona?
 
Last edited:
I will take you off the list Chad, Joe ever watch a real nascar car race and see what happens almost every time they race ? people start pushing up to the front. Nitrous first and only warning if i see language like that again in a post dont race here. Actually You know what DUE TO ALL THE CRYING FROM ALL OF YOU GUYS. FND IS NOW OVER ENJOY.
 
Last edited:
I will ask the mods to lock this thread please dont post here anymore
 
You can lock it yourself. Use the read tools in the first post.

Its not like I was giving up or anything, I just wish not race until we start using a ventrilo server. The communication in FND is a legitimate concern, I do not classify that as crying when I complain about it.
 
You can lock it yourself. Use the read tools in the first post.

Its not like I was giving up or anything, I just wish not race until we start using a ventrilo server. The communication in FND is a legitimate concern, I do not classify that as crying when I complain about it.

I believe it's only available to mods or premium members. Waking up this morning and reading this thread, what a complete joke. It's a real ashame that it's come down to this, but Gtuuk has made his decision. At the end of the day, the rules are there and to be honest there really shouldn't be much communication throughout out the race.
 
I believe it's only available to mods or premium members. Waking up this morning and reading this thread, what a complete joke. It's a real ashame that it's come down to this, but Gtuuk has made his decision. At the end of the day, the rules are there and to be honest there really shouldn't be much communication throughout out the race.

I am specifically talking about the communication between the race admins and the drivers. No other. :)

Yes at the end of the day it does come down to his decision.
 
I am specifically talking about the communication between the race admins and the drivers. No other. :)

Yes at the end of the day it does come down to his decision.

True to some degree. But what happened yesterday, you didnt slow down when caution was out ?

You going to turn around and say, oh we were having mic issues and I couldn't here anyone say caution is out.

Common sense should prevail, and that's why I'm saying that there really shouldn't be no communication throughout the race. Everyone who entered this series should have known all the rules by now.
 
I am talking about that event. The only thing I heard was, Roush saying we need a caution. I did not hear anyone else speak until Welda was screaming at me to slow down. I don't know if someone else was talking over Welda, but I did not hear Gtuuk or Welda call a caution until we went around 1 lap.

The restart confusion. Another thing.

Maybe we should be muted during a race.
 
Reading all these post's is crazy.....was it that bad??? So what, no top 5....it is a game.
We knew we were going to have issues because the game does not include key elements for us to run a "perfect event" We ran 100 laps last week without a caution....whats the problem??? as for the communication issues, you are correct, it sucks....but it is workable, we got things straight it just took a couple extra laps of caution....that also happens in real life sometimes. What I think should not be happening is racers trying to voice where they think people should be. Leave it to the race admins to figure it out. They are simple rules....If you are showing in 5th and the fourth place car is 1 lap ahead of you and the caution comes out...you get your lap back....only you not 6,7,8,9,10 and so on...if you pit while pit road is closed you go to the back....if you are a lap down and dont pit....you start in your perspective position behind the leaders after they pit. Very simple rules to follow...I am sorry to hear that this series will be ended....it was some of the best racing I have been a part of....even with few problems we have had.
 
I will take you off the list Chad, Joe ever watch a real nascar car race and see what happens almost every time they race ? people start pushing up to the front. Nitrous first and only warning if i see language like that again in a post dont race here. Actually You know what DUE TO ALL THE CRYING FROM ALL OF YOU GUYS. FND IS NOW OVER ENJOY.

Edited out the $$.

Gtuuk, neither Chad nor I are complaining about you - you deserve a great deal of thanks for hosting for us and putting up with all the BS from this game, PSN, bad driving, and complaints in the forums.

SevenDeucy showed up to race again and left with a bad taste again, and I highly doubt he'll come back. I can't blame him at all, had I been a newcomer I would have been thinking the same thing. But I know what the potential of this group is, so it makes it even more aggravating when it feels like many of the races might as well be only 5 laps because of jerk and/or incompetent driving.

There's a certain amount of consideration and respect that ought to be floating around this group after racing together so often, but it appears some guys just don't care if they wreck anyone because the only consequence is maybe they'll spin out and cause a caution and get fresh tires.
 
A) Reading all these post's is crazy.....was it that bad??? So what, no top 5....it is a game.

B) We ran 100 laps last week without a caution....whats the problem???

C) as for the communication issues, you are correct, it sucks....but it is workable, we got things straight it just took a couple extra laps of caution....that also happens in real life sometimes.

I know that's directed at Chad, but I'd like to reiterate that I had a great finish this week. I'm pissed for the guys that routinely run everyone clean, so they get crashed and taken advantage of. Once again, the targets of my anger are the jerk drivers, not Gtuuk nor admins, who all are amazing.

Last week was a good job. I'm not saying they should all be like last week, but I feel we'd have better racing with a little more give instead of what looks like all take.

Again, my opinions are based on what I see in the race, not where I finish. I finished better this week than last.
 
I know that's directed at Chad, but I'd like to reiterate that I had a great finish this week. I'm pissed for the guys that routinely run everyone clean, so they get crashed and taken advantage of. Once again, the targets of my anger are the jerk drivers, not Gtuuk nor admins, who all are amazing.

Last week was a good job. I'm not saying they should all be like last week, but I feel we'd have better racing with a little more give instead of what looks like all take.

Again, my opinions are based on what I see in the race, not where I finish. I finished better this week than last.

I agree 100% with these statements....I had a decent race last night...thought I had a chance for a win or p2, but got snagged up when chad bounced off the wall after some contact not sure with who....so I lost all my momentum. Thats racing.
Whatever Gtuuk has decided will have to be good enough for me, I truly cant wait for the NASCAR 2011 to arrive, and hope it cures our issues. I will look forward to runing with you guy's in the meantime....
 
Agreed.

As to the driving I'm complaining about: should there be consequences, or are my concerns out of line because I should expect no different at Daytona?
 
I have decided to run bspec as they dont talk.haha on a serious note I will still be hosting open rooms and possibly organized racing of some sorts but to deal with all the pms and every variable in the game and people rage quitting and posting rude and stupid comments its just not enjoyable to me. till then cya on the track. If some of you are upset with me cause i closed the league down well im sorry but if you were in my shoes trust me you would too.
 
Agreed.

As to the driving I'm complaining about: should there be consequences.....YES are my concerns out of line......NO

But how do you legitimately do this with the platform we have now???
The only way is to have an admin watching the race and either texting or using voice to call the race. and all others on mute. Chock this one down as a learning experience and move on.
 
Agreed.

As to the driving I'm complaining about: should there be consequences, or are my concerns out of line because I should expect no different at Daytona?

I agree. However the ONLY consequence during a race is FULL damage. And we all know it does not work. The Lag is too great.

The only other way to police those drivers is to have a eye in the sky.

Welda > Last week was fine, the problems we normally saw did not show up. This week those problems were back. You know the saying, out of sight out of mind?

What do we do. NTG2011?


EDIT
Something that really bothers me is on lap 100 in turn 4, there was some very stupid driving that went on. Joe got totally screwed and went air borne slammed the wall. Since there was damage, he was not able to do any thing. I really believe there should have been a caution. But :censor: can you do when there is no option for extending the race for a green white checker?

Gtuuk, neither Chad nor I are complaining about you - you deserve a great deal of thanks for hosting for us and putting up with all the BS from this game, PSN, bad driving, and complaints in the forums.

He is right. I am seriously frustrated with this game online offering, and lag. And other things mentioned in my PM

FND has some very good and very clean racing. But the fore mentioned makes it hard to enjoy it at a competitive level
 
Last edited:
Results



Those who were DC'ed

Fuzzy
Knelly
nhclint
 
I really believe there should have been a caution. But :censor: can you do when there is no option for extending the race for a green white checker?

Could you set the race to 110 laps, and just call it a race at lap 100 if there are no cautions, or extend the race as needed if there are late cautions? It shouldn't be too hard to grab the running order at the finish line if everyone will just take note of their exact position in the running order when they crossed the line at the end of lap 100, or 102, or 105, or whatever the final lap turned out to be after cautions. Just use voice chat to call out "final lap." If nothing else, you could use the replay function to determine running order at the stripe if you absolutely had to.
 
Thanks for the effort that the admins put into this, and sorry to see it go. However, I was considering to quit the series anyway due to the constant dc's that I was getting week after week.

Maybe see you on NASCAR 2011, if not before.
 
Thanks for the effort that the admins put into this, and sorry to see it go. However, I was considering to quit the series anyway due to the constant dc's that I was getting week after week.

Maybe see you on NASCAR 2011, if not before.
Thanks for giving it a try knelly it really did make me upset to see all you guys get dropped each week and i tried many diffrent ways to make it work with the connections. On a bright note your daytona skills have come leaps and bounds since i first raced with you keep up the good work my friend and be on the lookout for my races
 
Could you set the race to 110 laps, and just call it a race at lap 100 if there are no cautions, or extend the race as needed if there are late cautions? It shouldn't be too hard to grab the running order at the finish line if everyone will just take note of their exact position in the running order when they crossed the line at the end of lap 100, or 102, or 105, or whatever the final lap turned out to be after cautions. Just use voice chat to call out "final lap." If nothing else, you could use the replay function to determine running order at the stripe if you absolutely had to.
Although its a good idea but, we cant get voice chat to work to even call cautions let alone call last lap for a finish.
 
How about NO CAUTIONS...We will race clean so we dont to get into one, or if we do we may have to work with the guy that took us out to get back to the front. It is what it is. Lets have some fun!
 
How about NO CAUTIONS...We will race clean so we dont to get into one, or if we do we may have to work with the guy that took us out to get back to the front. It is what it is. Lets have some fun!

We all know this group can race clean together' we have done it many times but when the pos server causes some one to lag bump or side lag or get dc>something all ways goes bad wrong with the race' some one is pissed!just a few of us can hear each other and the confusion begins. 50% of us keep are trap shut and the other complain about it. I personally hate to see it end because i would have seen it threw then end first or last place. clint on the no cautions if you honestly think the guy took you out to gain a position would you really want to help him get back to the front? just asking....no name calling here' i like all you guy's still plan on racing with all of you
 
clint on the no cautions if you honestly think the guy took you out to gain a position would you really want to help him get back to the front? just asking....no name calling here' i like all you guy's still plan on racing with all of you

I think everyone that races at Daytona knows you have no chance ti catch up to a lead pack without a drafting partner...so yes. Besides it was just a thought. We do it without cautions pretty much every other day.
 
I think everyone that races at Daytona knows you have no chance ti catch up to a lead pack without a drafting partner...so yes. Besides it was just a thought. We do it without cautions pretty much every other day.

agree with you on the we do it without cautions pretty much every other day' but the problem' take for instants i hit you spin you out! Im' screaming sorry! sorry dude my mistake and you can't hear me> your first thought ......Damn! rousch > pos you did that on purpose .........just trying to make a point about the problem the league had
 
How about NO CAUTIONS...We will race clean so we dont to get into one, or if we do we may have to work with the guy that took us out to get back to the front. It is what it is. Lets have some fun!
Me personally I hate running long races (anything over 1 pit stop ) without cautions. Its probably why i host 10 lap sprints alot it promotes a better racing in my opinion.
 
Back