Seasonal Events - Bonus Race 1

• Thread starter Eric W
  • 371 comments
These races were a blast, I liked the need for creative tuning instead of just HP mods.

For all the cars adding the sport suspension and dropping it and adding stiffer rates helped a lot. I didn't add the full customizable to any of them to gold. I also didn't add any aero to any of the cars, just dropped them and played with camber and rates. Camber was very important to get the GT-R to turn, I used the V Spec and did all the driveline mods and set the top speed to 172mph.

The Fiat I found was pretty easy once you got the gear ratio and turn-in right. You have to be able to gas it hard out of the turns without understeer to make up ground.

CRZ race was the easiest, got silver with totally stock car, close ratio gearbox and suspension got me gold.

The RX-7 required to most finesse as the setup that turned in well was also super loose getting on the gas and unstable under braking. That race required the most patience for me, I never felt like I ran full-out.

The GT-R race you need to find a setup to get down to at least 1:28's to win I think, I won by seven seconds running my best laps in the high 1:26's. With the car totally stock I could only manage 1:31's so tuning definitely helps.

I won the 500 challenge. Only passed the leader on the last corner of the last lap. Found that adding a sport air filter helped a lot, increading bhp from 63 to 65.

I chose to be stubborn on this one and try to win the Fiat 500 race bone stock. I finally managed to win by about 0.5sec after many tries.

The key for me was to take my Fiat into practice mode and play around with different lines and techniques and using my ghost to determine what worked best.

Once I tried the race again after my practice session, I won right away. Not a single lap under 1'20 mind you, but all except the first lap were in the low 1'20's.

The key I found was not pushing the car too hard, if you are hearing anything beyond a very light tire squeal you are just losing momentum.

This and the damn Top Gear challenge in the Elise are my most satisfying wins so far. Bring on round 2! :gtpflag:

Not to many comments on the RX7 race that was the worst one for me by far. I golded all the others and then finally threw in the towel on the RX7 race and turned on Skid Recovery Force and golded it. I could just not get that car to stay pointed forward.

PS I am embarrassed I had to use SRF to beat a race :(

Watching this thread is depressing because everyone say Cruz is easy... I'm on my 5th try and the best I've got is 5th.....

2nd for the Fiat 500 and I can't get under 1.22 with all the mods.

Does everyone drive Manual (I use automatic)? Does that make a big difference?

I just found that stiffening up the suspension and ARB and really attacking the first corner in 3rd really bagged me a lot of time.

Decided to try out Seasonal, was having hell lots of curse (when I lose) and fun (when I win)...

Got to say the Fiat 500 was the most difficult one, I could only managed to overtake the Audi at the last corner of the last lap (after 5 tries), very very exciting.

CRZ was the easiest, could win by 15sec.

For Indy, I bought custom transmission to tune it to 250km/h, won by 5 sec.

For RX7, won by 4 sec after a few tries.

GTR was fun, tried 3 times and managed to get 1st.

For all my cars, I bought parts to meet the "restriction", and suspension to lowered them to minimum.

Beats all 5 events in 3 hours...really crazy fun.

GT5Seasonal1.jpg

Merry Christmas! :)

Finally won the GT-R event... man that was tough, once I got the car to handle more like an FR it wasn't so bad, I posted my settings in another thread on the subject. Given my skill level I still rate this as a "hard" race.

CR-Z: easiest one so far, passed the leader on lap 4 and won with 5 seconds to spare driving conservatively on the last lap.

RX-7: no real issues, I love that car and track combo, very fun ride. There are 2 or 3 turns where I get a nice slide going. First few attempts I was sliding all over the place but once you get the feel for it that car handles really well. I drive with no aids so someone who is even slower then me should be able to win this with those turned on.

Challenger: up to 3rd and winning shouldn't be too hard, just need to stay smooth.

Now the Fiat race... that's another story :( 2nd and 2.5 seconds behind the leader is the BEST I can do after HOURS of practice time. Got the car pretty dialed in, but the smallest mistake is amplified due to the lack of power, its very noticeable in practice against your ghost, lose a fraction of momentum and your way behind at the next turn. Depressing for sure.

Can't believe we got new events already... this is going to keep me very busy.

finally won the GTR race after like 6 tries, 1 st try with minimal parts and tune on r35 vspec got me 2nd place, then i went ballistic, did all weight reduction, did all aero parts, lowered the suspension, tighten the front so it grips better n not just understeers like nuts, lowered top speed to 174mph. After 2 tries later, I finally got gold....with a few a couple of seconds to spare. Managed an average of 1m 28 s / lap, my best lap time was about 1m 27s. Now off to try the rest, that 1M credit sure come in handy :)
Any recommendations on the Rx7 and fiat 500 race?
I just bought a spirit R to attemp the challenge tomorrow :)

I won the 500 challenge. Only passed the leader on the last corner of the last lap. Found that adding a sport air filter helped a lot, increading bhp from 63 to 65.

I hated that challenge. I passed the leader on the last corner on the last lap too and I think I nudged him off the track. I swear it was an accident! :dopey:

I musta bought the wrong skyline. People are reporting lap times of 1:27 and I am getting 1:34 without hitting a single wall, @490 hp, with the
gt-r spec II Nur (r34).

I musta bought the wrong skyline. People are reporting lap times of 1:27 and I am getting 1:34 without hitting a single wall, @490 hp, with the
gt-r spec II Nur (r34).

Imo, anything less than an R35 will be hard, I tried it with an R34, it just doesnt accelerate fast enough out of the corners, at least in my case, it could be with my tuning.
But with the R35, even nearly stock, it made a heck lot of diff and I didn't do any hp upgrade, it was at 478hp w/o oil change.

How did you do the CRZ one, i cant get above 4th, no where near the leader what were your setups?, same with the fiat one?

Not sure how much of a difference it makes but you need the racing transmission and adjust the final drive ratio (top speed). The CR-Z is a six speed but you never reach 6th with the stock tranny so you are killing your acceleration with stock unit. Out of all the #1 Season Events so far this one was the easiest for me and I'm an average driver for sure. The CR-Z handles really well, you don't need the brakes much, just tap and coast thru most turns.

Still trying to win the Fiat race, it ain't easy.

Does anyone know a good video walkthrough for the Dodge? I can't get anywhere above 5th!

Admittedly, I'm quite a rubbish driver....

I have given up on the Fiat race after getting Silver. No matter what I am always five seconds behind at the end with lap times of 1:20-1:22.

Working on the CR-Z now, already got Bronze but will try the tranny upgrade mentioned above...

Can someone give me a detailed tune for the CRZ race? I can't catch the first place car for the life of me....

I could go into more detail when I can check my settings in game, but with FWD cars like that (and the Fiat 500 for that race), I find that strong LSD overall and acceleration settings and rear toe out work together really well. The LSD allows you to get back to full throttle earlier in the turn, and the rear toe out helps the rear end to rotate as you are accelerating out of the turn, so that you don't just understeer into the outside wall.

For LSD, try 40 / 60 / 5.
For rear toe out, try something like -0.25.

What settings did you use?
Road Course - Indy: Dodge Challenger R/T '70
Tires: Sports:Hard
Traction Control: 5
Skid Recovery Force: On (made the corners easier and kept me from spinning out when bumped by or bumping other cars)
Active Steering: Off
ASM: Off
ABS: 1

Parts:
Sports Air Filter
Fully Customizable Transmission - Top Speed 162
Fully Customized Transmission - default settings
All the Drivetrain parts

420 HP
1724 kg

I ran the race aggressive, passing cars on the inside and pushing them out. Using cars in front of me to help the car break faster. I passed the 1st place car on the last straight.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the inputs. I golded the RX-7, Camaro and Fiat 500 thus far.

For the Fiat race, I was clocking

1st lap: 1:21.xx
2nd lap: 1:19.xx
3rd lap: 1:19.xx
4th lap 1:20.xx

Camaro, did as said with the trans (dang that car is on stilts..lol). For the RX-7 race, I added the Mid-suspension cause I like to see a dropped car.

I still have to get gold in the Skyline event. I've only managed 8th place so far.

**Edit Ok, just re-did the Skyline event. Took some time to get my rhythm down. After suspension tweaking for some more oversteer, I was clocking 1:27.xx lap times with the DS3. But a few goof ups and missed braking zones had me about 3secs off the leader. After nailing more braking zones and throttle inputs (still a few rough missed braking zones) I took Gold in the Skyline event with

Lap 1 1:29.xx
Lap 2 1:28.xx
Lap 3 1:28.xx
Lap 4 1:28.xx
Lap 5 1:29.xx

Last edited:
On Bonus race 1 Event 5

I used an '07 Nissan Gtr, stage 1 engine, full racing transmission and full race suspension, full weight reduction.

Won by 4.567 seconds

Laps were

Lap 1 1:29.4xx
Lap 2 1:28.6xx
Lap 3 1:28.2xx
Lap 4 1:27.7xx
Lap 5 1:27.8xx

The challenger race I lowered the car & lowered the gears. If I can gold this one anybody can. It was the easiest race so far, golded on first try, don't tell PD.
The Tokyo race was a bit more challenging, but can be won with clean driving.

Finally got gold in the Fiat race! Found out I could add the sports air filter (+2HP) and saw someone's settings where they had hard springs and soft roll bars - this seemed to help keep the car from squealing its tires on corner exit. In terms of difficult I'd rate them as follows: (hard to easy).

1) Fiat
2) GT-R
3) RX-7
4) Challenger
5) CR-Z

For reference: I'm an average driver for sure, my license tests results (so far) are Gold x 24, Silver x 30, Bronze x 6. I use a DFP wheel with all aids off (ABS=1). I was racing my brother last night (he uses the DS3 controller) and he was pulling away by 1 to 2 seconds with just about every car / track combo we tried, even the RX-7 on Laguna Seca.

Congrats JMII! I agree about the Fiat race being the most difficult. It was a blast to finally figure out the proper inputs to get it around the track the fastest.

finally managed to get gold in all 5 1st season events, the easiest was the challenger....because I found trick to cut the first chicane, saves about 0.5secs or so. Without it best I could manage was about 1-2 secs behind the #1 car, all aids off except ABS at 1.
second easiest is the RX7 GTX, drive aggressive in the last 2 corners of deep forest, driving out of the tunnel and the last turn. It between u can slide/cut a lot of corners as well and since the car doesn't have too much power, it's easy to control the little oversteers, again all aids off except ABS at 1.
for the CRZ and fiat 500 i simply tried my best to hold as much speed and not let it drop too much in the corners, the CRZ was easier, the fiat less forgiving cos it's acceleration is just horrible and u need to maintain the speed out of corners.
the GTR was fun, took a few tries but I was always too aggressive at first, after awhile I managed to "remember" how I used to do SS5 in the older GTs and a couple races later I finally won the gold.
Working on 2nd season now, gonna attempt the focus and rx7 tomorrow I heard those 2 are the hardest so far. I got gold on the mini challenge, a few people here suggested driving aggressively and cut a few or a lot of corners, did those and won :)

The key to the Challenger is setting your gearing way higher (Around 200 mph) and feathering the car around the turns. It turns like a boat, so braking in straight lines is essential to get the most of this beast.

It's a very fun car to throw around though.

the Challenger race is impossible. I'm starting to accept that I suck royally and always have ever since GT1. I set the top speed for somewhere in the 140's, increased rear brake bias by 1, ride height max low in the rear and -5 front, 1.5 camber rear, 1 camber front. Still sucks to drive. I hate muscle cars. Such boats.

I am perhaps a slightly above average GT racer. Most events I mange 2nd after several runs after tuning. For me by far the Challenger was the easiest. Its the only one I can gold. For me I set the gear right before it hits the limiter and decreases speed. I needed quicker gear changing without maxing out until the straight.

For all these events, tuning is key. I now know this. I was sucking big time at first until I starting really getting into the tuning and the driving aids. Unfortunately PD decided not to give us car setup profiles like we had in GT5P to save a good setup.

For all you guys that can Gold these events, hats off to you all. You all are some bad mamma-jammas,lol. Majority are impossible for me to get 1st. Example, the Nascar on the Nurburgring is impossible. I come in last no matter what without even closing in on the next closet car. And yes I know the track very well. Its the car that is hard for me.

gt-r spec II Nur (r34).

Nissan GT-R '07 is your best chance. Add as much power as you're allowed (be careful not to go over limit and don't do an oil change). Add all aero parts, fully customisable suspension + transmission, twin plate clutch and the best flywheel, carbon drive shaft etc (any upgrade that doesn't improve power beyond the limit).

I'm sure there are guys who've tuned the car by altering the settings on transmission and suspension but I just lowered the suspension and increased downforce. Took first place on the last corner.

Back