Seasonal Events - Bonus Race 1

• Thread starter Eric W
  • 371 comments
Once i found out how to drive the challenger it became rather easy.

I golded even I made one big mistake when I rammed into a leading car on the straight wich killed my speed a lot on that lap. Anyhow once I learned to drive that boat, it was not hard at all.

Exactly, once I learned how to drive it, I was able to golded it in my 2rd try. But unlike other posters here I've gave it a very low top speed(250kph) and it works beautifully.

Tap the brake in the corner to push the rear end out and turn the car, then be gentle putting the power down out of the corner since your tires will be hot. I spent a few tries spinning the car and restarting before figuring this out, I was trying to break the rear end loose with the gas pedal. This is with all driving aids off except ABS =1.

Thanks for the tips, just beat it

wewt the crz challenge was easy
11 sec lead

if anyone cared
Code:
[SIZE="3"]124 hp
sports air filter
1115 kg
carbon hood
lighter windows

all gt auto 
-rear spoiler
set to 15
-front bumper

transmission set to 200 kph

suspension
  front rear
   -25  -25
    6    6.8
    4    4
    4    4
    6    6

-1.5 -2
    0.00 0.2[/SIZE]

golded Challenger race on 2nd try, won by under a second. Silvered everything else, not worth golding now except perhaps the Skyline race since that still offers a decent chunk of xp/cred

Anyone have the total time for their GT-R run? Thats the only one I havent golded first try :/

I was having problems with the first race, usually running 1:21's pretty consistantly. I switched from the full custom trans to the cheaper close ratio 5 speed, and it shaved over a second off my lap times. Won by 2 seconds my first try out after switching transmissions.

golded Challenger race on 2nd try, won by under a second. Silvered everything else, not worth golding now except perhaps the Skyline race since that still offers a decent chunk of xp/cred

They where all worth golding IMO.

Cant believe we dont get a car or at least a paint chip for getting all golds.

I haven't got to grinding yet (not a lot of time to play really)

I am also a very mediocre player of this game...honestly...there's so much in this game I flat out am incapable of this time.

I can get second on FIAT...I am off first by 3.6 seconds (not to bad considering I'm not a good player). There's a few more mods I can do to it, and I think I can get a bit closer.

3rd in the Honda challenge...but I haven't competed in that one very much and should get some improvement there.

2nd in the Mazda race...hopefully some improvement in that one.

1st in the Challenger race...yes, I cheated...I did the first corner cheat for the first 3 laps...at the start of the 4th lap I was right behing 1st. Overtook him early in the 4th and won easily. Will probably go back and have another go without cheating to see if I can do it.

3rd in the Nissan race. Needed to get used to swinging the car round the corners effectively...but hit the walls a lot...and my car was looking a little worse for wear at the end. I might try skid recovery as people have said it works.

I'm fairly happy with what I've done given my relative lack of ability, but I look forward to trying to complete them. I've earnt a lot of money from the races, which puts me in a good position to be able to get a FGT soon.

Challenger:
- G27 + clutch
- no driving aids
- abs = off,
- brake balance 3:1,
- custom tranny with top speed 250,
- aero parts, front lip and rear wing,
- twin plate clutch,
- semi racing flywheel,
- fully customizable suspension, lowest ride height

No tweaks to toe settings, brake in time, when easing off the brakes the car will turn in. Even with no ABS it was an easy one, just don't overdo it and it'll be fine. Got the 1st place at the start of lap 5 just before entering first corner.

Last edited:
For the 500, just match the bhp and the weight, height adjustable suspension (don't worry about fully cust. suspension, buy a sports flywheel and single plate clutch and LSD).

Set the camber FR:1.0 RR:0.5. Lower it as much as possible, leave the LSD as it is and don't drop below 40mph in the hairpins (and don't brake for any corner that isn't a hairpin as others have said).

Job done.

I ran 1.20 first lap and 1.19 every other. Works a charm.

There should be an option to add weight in the CR-Z challenge. Far too easy.

EDIT: Using a DS3, not a steering wheel.

Last edited:
2nd on the FIAT
1st on the CRz
1st on the RX7
1st on the Challenger RT
2nd on the GTR
Gonna try the Fiat im sure i can do it, but the GTR the 1st place car was ahead by like 7-8 secs, what tips can u suggest?

Fiat race was the hardest, i had to cheat a bit and cut a bit from the later hair pin. Others i won without too much problems. In GTR-challenge, i used the latest spec-v version but had to work on my braking points to get fast enough lap times.

Ahahahaha! I won the Fiat race with a +3sec margin of victory over second place! Yay me! The key is momentum, of course. How I achieved it was using 3rd gear for the tight turns instead of 2nd. 3rd gear allows the car to roll through the turns more smoothly, at least for me it did.

You people are WAY better then me.

I'm using a fully tuned out '09 V-Spec in the last race and still can only manage 2nd, 4.5 seconds behind the leader after 3 HOURS of trying. Guess I should go back to Mario Kart.

I'm using a fully tuned out '09 V-Spec in the last race and still can only manage 2nd, 4.5 seconds behind the leader after 3 HOURS of trying. Guess I should go back to Mario Kart.

Deck it, put the camber at 1.5 front 1.0 at the back, and that should help a bit...

Don't think so, in Mario Kart you get beaten by 5 year old kids...that's even worse:grumpy:

Deck it, put the camber at 1.5 front 1.0 at the back, and that should help a bit...

I added a bit of camber front and rear last night noticed better turn-ins. My best effort still only resulted in +15 seconds from the leader. But, I was too tired to be racing truely. I'll eventually get the gold on this one too like I have on the other 4 bonus races. If I can get gold on these events, that should be hope to anyone here.

Back when the GTP tag qualification came about, I barely managed to scrape by with a 5th division finish. So, I'm hardly one who should be considered an uber fast racer.

Edit: Oops, forgot to make my point. It is that ItWasntMe has pointed out something that should help if you're struggling. Try the race with a stock setup and then start tweaking a little here and there. I know some have said they have completed these with gold using only stock setups. I think it's down to individual driving styles. So, not everyone's style allows them to get it done stock. Don't be afraid to tweak the suspension and find better lines. Don't stress over how far back you are if you're stuggling here like I am presently. Use each run to learn better entries and exits. Combine your lessons learned with some suspension tweaking and you'll eventually get there. I know I will.

The most important adjustment to get right is the transmission gearing. It's also important to turn off as many driving aids as possible, as these really slow you down - especially if you're not following a good racing line to begin with.

I consider myself a very average driver, meaning if I can get gold, I think just about anyone else can :)

The most important adjustment to get right is the transmission gearing. It's also important to turn off as many driving aids as possible, as these really slow you down - especially if you're not following a good racing line to begin with.

I consider myself a very average driver, meaning if I can get gold, I think just about anyone else can :)

Maybe your "good" and I'm average :D

I already run with all the aids off, fully areo package, tranny set to acceleration so it just hits the rev limiter before the tunnel. I need to play with suspension a bit more... like others said it comes down to driving style, just because a setup works for you it might not fit me. However its most likely that people are just better then me, no biggie I'm used to it. I've got other talents ;)

JMII, keep after it. Even after running several races on an event, I still find ways to improve my time. For example, I probably ran 20 complete races trying to gold the Fiat Tsukuba event. From attempt #8 until #18, I saw very little improvement in my time. For that matter, I was beggining to think there was no potential for further improvement and considered settling on silver. On my 19th attempt I decided to stay in 3rd gear in the tight turns and that's when I saw a huge improvement and barely lost by .3XX seconds. So, I knew I had finally found the missing element. Attempt #20 is now history and I beat 2nd by over 3 seconds. Point is, you'll get there if you keep experimenting with different lines and braking points, etc... .

Point is, you'll get there if you keep experimenting with different lines and braking points, etc... .

This ^ 👍

I was running 1.22's at best on my first runs through, couldn't even begin to imagine doing it any faster.

Then I read somewhere about maintaining 40mph (about 60kmh) in the hairpins and I couldn't believe the difference.

1.20 first lap and 1.19's consistently. I even messed up a bit and still couldn't believe the difference the speed through the hairpins makes.

LSD's, although annoying to set-up (IMO) are worthwhile additions.

just because a setup works for you it might not fit me.

Try me... What sort of car do you prefer...? Calm and steady (but sedated somewhat) or lairy and tail-happy? You can make the same car handle massively different with a few tweaks... (And a fair bit of cash!).

I love how some say "it's easy" about the Fiat challenge just because they claim to have golded it.
Relativity is key here, as the race is easy for somebody not for everybody.
It's not impossible, but neither easy. I'd say it's quite challenging as the car has to be driven very close to its limit, and there's almost no room for mistakes with only 65 HP. Corners have to be taken perfectly as in the straight the car can't recover with speed.

That said, here are some advices:

- Close gears (the cheap one is good) are necessary, unless someone posts a video proving the opposite.
- Suspension, LSD, Aero kit are not absolutely mandatory, but they can help a lot if you're an average driver and can't manage fast laps.
- Lap times are the key to victory: 1.20.6xx may not be fast enough, 1.20.2xx gets you to win at last corner.
1.19 and you win by a few seconds margin, and it's NOT easy to achieve as it's close to the car's limit.
1.18 (I'd love to see a replay of this fast laps) is for very fast drivers to achieve.

I love how some say "it's easy" about the Fiat challenge just because they claim to have golded it.

It's only easy once you realise how fast you can go with the correct settings and driving.

Smoothness is key.

Gold the GTR one and Silver RX7 one. Both super tough but A LOT of fun!! I like how the cars are spaced out, unlike in regular A-SPEC where they all act like roadblocks.

Easy, by definition, means that anyone (you, me, your girlfriend and your grandma who never played a videogame before) can do it in a couple of tries.
Even if you realise how fast you "can" go does not mean it's going to be easy. In that case I would be next year's F1 world champion just by realising how fast I "can" go on a F1 car. Which is not the case.

Smoothness is key, that's correct, but some people can still have a hard time achieving that smoothness. Not "easy" at all.

Back