Seasonal events - now officially ruined.

• Thread starter strtgng
  • 522 comments

Does lifting restrictions ruin the seasonal events?

• Yes - Ruined! Why break a good thing PD?

Votes: 164 36.2%
  • No way! Stop whining!

Votes: 289 63.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, go to a chess forum, and talk about how YOU like to play chess with all queens. Or talk on a pool forum about how you have the pockets two feet wide.

Then stand back and wear a flame retardant suit!

I personally don't give a toss one way or the other how YOU play the game. But when your whining gets the game designer to completely change the gameplay, so you don't flame them about it, now YOU are impacting me. A challenge is a challenge. GT5 isn't a box of crayons and a blank piece of paper. It was DESIGNED to be played by certain rules, a certain way. Play it any way you want to. But have the decency to not come to a forum for fans of the game, and demand that it be changed just because YOU find it too hard.

Or, at least, if you do, make your complaint across the board, and whine about how HARD the License Tests are, or how DIFFICULT the Special Events are, and how PD should change the game so you don't have to do anything at all. And we could all see you for the whiny children you m seem to be.

Wow, irony. You're whining about it being too easy.

Hahahahaha, another gamer who thinks he's a racer.
What's this kind of behaviour? You're 10 y.o.?

What do you think they spend all year doing on F1 teams?.... They dont' just watch the races, they experiment with tuning, different parts, tweaking different aspects of the car.

This is a continual process, they never perfect it.
No **** sherlock

You claim to understand what racing is, yet you complain about the freedom given to "free tune", because it might cost you two hours to test out the car?
In most racing series there's criteria u need to fit in. Being hp, weight whatever. That's something that can't be altered. You absolutely don't understand what I said. You can't enter a 400kg F1 in a race.
You have no idea what I'm saying .. I HAVE TO FIND THE LIMITS myself.. F1 teams work within the limits. (And they won't downtune a car tio make it more exciting for the other teams)

Also, this isn't racing. This is catching up. If it were a real race, you wouldn't be 40 seconds from the lead with only 5 laps to catchup. Not in the type of cars they give you to drive anyway.

PD only made these races because they can't make grid start races challenging enough.

So what? The cars we had before were pretty much equal. Now one can enter a 1000bhp car if he wants..

And that affects you how?

Did you even READ?!
I NEED T FIND OUT WHAT SETTINGS ARE CHALLENGING FOR ME!

That's the whole friggin problem of the new events and all the rest of A-spec.
To find out what upgrade I need to make it challenging is NOT FUN. And often you'rejust above the others and because of that it's gotten too easy..

GT4 was MUCH better in this aspect.

Has anyone literally spent "hours" figuring out the proper set up to make it challenging or is that just a rhetorical point being thrown around? I want to know if it takes "hours" to figure out how to make the events challenging if you tune your car within 20-30 hp of the competition. I may even run a test myself and we'll see who is just talking out their a**.

Wow, irony. You're whining about it being too easy.

That you can derive that from my post shows you aren't even READING them.

Look, I'll try one more time. Slowly. With small words.

The License Tests and Special Events are IDENTICAL to the first series of seasonal events (except you had to buy the car yourself). Apparently, it is anathema that such difficult Seasonals be added, and all the poll supporters prefer the easy A-Spec method of overpowering the game. So why aren't the License Tests and Special Events equally as hated? Because they are NOT, from what I have read. Seems like a certain degree of challenge is tolerated in some parts of the game, and not in others. All I'm asking for is some degree of consistency.

Got it, now?

(BTW, sorry for anathema, look it up...)

bPS1E.gif

+1

I lol'd.

There is no simple answer to that though. Some people said the focus and the rx7 race was impossible. Except that wasn't the case for everyone. So how to you make it possible for everyone? Give everyone options.

This is true, i don't really care about the event being possible for everyone, even though that may take the enjoyment away from people. If i can't gold an event even after multiple attempts, which i couldn't for some, then i just accept it. I don't have to get gold, i find enjoyment in the challenge.

I think options is the answer, have some events with restrictions and some without.

Wait so people complain that having something unrestricted makes it to easy and that you want a challenge, but then you complain that it's to hard to make it challenging? Trying to wrap my brain around that logic just leaves me boggled. You want it to be easy to make something challenging? Why not just make it challenging to make something a challenge so you can be challenged while you are challenged...and I guess that would be a "yo dawg" moment.

I prefer the idea mentioned a couple of pages back.

There are difficult restrictions (like in #1 and #2), but you can get higher than the restrictions. But prize money and xp will be just half.
So if you stay within the restrictions you get 10000 credits. Outside restrictions = 5000 cr

Look guys, I used to be all for challenging races, but I realize that this is a good compliment for online. If you want a challenge, go online, trust me, you will be challenged. Why play with AI when you can play with real people (if you get them to actually race). The seasonal events now have a niche, they allow you get a good million or 2 every couple weeks, something the online doesn't do for you.

That you can derive that from my post shows you aren't even READING them.

Look, I'll try one more time. Slowly. With small words.

The License Tests and Special Events are IDENTICAL to the first series of seasonal events (except you had to buy the car yourself). Apparently, it is anathema that such difficult Seasonals be added, and all the poll supporters prefer the easy A-Spec method of overpowering the game. So why aren't the License Tests and Special Events equally as hated? Because they are NOT, from what I have read. Seems like a certain degree of challenge is tolerated in some parts of the game, and not in others. All I'm asking for is some degree of consistency.

Got it, now?

(BTW, sorry for anathema, look it up...)

LOL.. no I based that off all your posts. You whine in everyone of them.

I'm going to tune a new Ford GT to around 550hp, throw some hard racing slicks on it and add a custom transmission and see how that goes. Will see if it takes me hours and hours of frustration to figure out the sweet spot.
edit..ah, the GT already is 550. I'll do an oil change than.

Did you even READ?!

That's the whole friggin problem of the new events and all the rest of A-spec.
To find out what upgrade I need to make it challenging is NOT FUN. And often you'rejust above the others and because of that it's gotten too easy..

GT4 was MUCH better in this aspect.

So how does some restrictions change that. The tuning you add may make it too easy for me and vica versa. You still have to test. That is what racing is all about. Testing and finding the perfect setup for you.

I'm going to tune a new Ford GT to around 550hp, throw some hard racing slicks on it and add a custom transmission and see how that goes. Will see if it takes me hours and hours of frustration to figure out the sweet spot.
edit..ah, the GT already is 550. I'll do an oil change than.

Remember, it's not about finding a sweet spot, it's about finding a challenge level so hard pretty much everyone is put to the test and it's just shy of imposible.

Before you consider the sweet spot found, please make sure that it will stand up to days of play by a myriad of drivers and on one will beat first (if driving cleanly) by more than 15 seconds.

Thanks.

So how does some restrictions change that. The tuning you add may make it too easy for me and vica versa. You still have to test. That is what racing is all about. Testing and finding the perfect setup for you.

That's what was so great about the restrictions... they gave you a challenge that was pretty hard for anyone thus you knew if you could tackle it, you were good on an overall basis, not just good in your comfort range.

Has anyone literally spent "hours" figuring out the proper set up to make it challenging or is that just a rhetorical point being thrown around? I want to know if it takes "hours" to figure out how to make the events challenging if you tune your car within 20-30 hp of the competition. I may even run a test myself and we'll see who is just talking out their a**.

I spent quite a few hours on a few Aspec races trying my damdest to beat the race with a low level of upgrades only to finally give up and upgrade one more thing... only to blow by the competition with relative ease.. so yes I have spent hours on the goal and then easily overshot it.

Now in hindsite, I can't be sure that a few more hours of tuning the suspension just so and messing with the LSD wouldn't have gotten me that extra few seconds I needed...

Again, the beauty of the seasonal challenges was you were given a challenge you knew to be beatable but very hard. It's not the same at all as just racing with what you assume to be reaonably low power and giving up after hours but not knowing whether perhaps something else you coudl have done would have made it winnable.

Yep, but you know you have to stay within certain limits. And you just know that a specific event with specific restrictions should be possible. Like I golded the Focus challenge without SRF. But if the restrictions weren't there I would've never thought it would be possible with those tyres and that low amount of bhp. Than I would've upgraded something and in the end it would've been lesser a challenge. Right these challenges and the specials and licences teach you to improve your driving techniques..

Did you even READ?!

If you're trying to make it challenging for YOU, why are you even mentioning what someone else can enter. This is where the talks of elitism come from, it seems like some are mad because Willy FuuFuu can gold this just as easily as Mario Andretti .

Look guys, I used to be all for challenging races, but I realize that this is a good compliment for online. If you want a challenge, go online, trust me, you will be challenged. Why play with AI when you can play with real people (if you get them to actually race). The seasonal events now have a niche, they allow you get a good million or 2 every couple weeks, something the online doesn't do for you.

Amen, you summed my views up exactly.

That's what was so great about the restrictions... they gave you a challenge that was pretty hard for anyone thus you knew if you could tackle it, you were good on an overall basis, not just good in your comfort range.

On the other hand those restrictions made it impossible for others. So just forget about them and them paying the same amount you did?

I haven't found any of the challenges of this game that hard. The focus challenge was difficult but I still did it with a completely stock focus. It took me awhile and I had to be perfect but I did it. Others said it was just down right impossible. So giving them a chance doesn't hurt my feel good one little bit.

If you're trying to make it challenging for YOU, why are you even mentioning what someone else can enter. This is where the talks of elitism come from, it seems like some are mad because Willy FuuFuu can gold this just as easily as Mario Andretti .

What did you think of GT4 then? Where there were always restrictions? And some races were very hard. I havent golded everything in GT4, but so be it. I'm just not good enough.
Racing is not about winning.. Racing is about the drive, the feeling you get from the car, the wheel in your hands.. That should make you happy when driving GT5 (imo)

Also I just don't understand why it is ok for gps games where a lot of people never will reach the highest ranks and trophies, but a racing game should be dumbed down so everyone can gold it.

On the other hand those restrictions made it impossible for others. So just forget about them and them paying the same amount you did?
Some things in fps games are impossible for me. Why should a race game be dumbed down to fit anyone?

I haven't found any of the challenges of this game that hard. The focus challenge was difficult but I still did it with a completely stock focus. It took me awhile and I had to be perfect but I did it. Others said it was just down right impossible. So giving them a chance doesn't hurt my feel good one little bit.
You did it without SRF? Looking at your replies I don't think so..

You beat the Focus challenge with a stock Focus and SRF off? I would have to ask for a video of that... even upgraded with suspension and tuned I have never gotten closer than 5 second off first and that was with quite decent driving.

As for making it impossible for others, that's not the point... they were certain not to be impossilbe. That's it and that's what makes chasing it fun... you know it's doable, but can you get good enough to?

It's the difference between an online leaderboard top time and a time I just make up as a fast time, one you KNOW is doable and worth chasing, the other might just be completely impossible. And just the fact that it MIGHT be impossible takes a lot of the fun out of persuing it... then it's no longer a challenge to see if you can be good enough, it's a grind to evaluate whether it's possible.

There are plenty of options to make a race as difficult as you like, practice, arcade, online etc... and as long as a race is not impossible, no one is not getiting what they paid for (not that I even used that point). I will never have time to do the 24 hour enduros, they are essentially impossible for me... that's not what we are talking about here...

BTW with SRF I really find it hard to believe those events were impossible for any reasonable driver that got through even a chunk of license tests.

You beat the Focus challenge with a stock Focus and SRF off? I would have to ask for a video of that... even upgraded with suspension and tuned I have never gotten closer than 5 second off first and that was with quite decent driving.

I too call BS on it

I guess that's where we differ the most. I could care less if you believe me or not. I don't feel the least bit obligated to prove it. I did it, I know I did it and that's where it ends for me. You say you couldn't do it without some tuning and skid recovery. Do I think less of you because you needed those assists? Nope.

That's what I have a problem with. The elitist attitude. It has nothing to do with being smart or stupid.

LOL, you dont even reply..

Why isn't it wrong for fps games to be too hard for some people? Why is it wrong for GT5 to be too hard for some people.

If you're trying to make it challenging for YOU, why are you even mentioning what someone else can enter? This is where the talks of elitism come from, it seems like some are mad because Willy FuuFuu can gold this just as easily as Mario Andretti .

I'm sorry. That was supposed to be a question. I forgot the question mark.

Restrictions should be applied, but still a little extra room for modifications for people to do if they can't do the challenge with full restrictions... ie. 50 extra hp, or 50 lbs less weight, etc... OR, credit & XP should be reduced for more modification used to win, but the remaining credit & XP can still be earned if you tune less or keep your vehicle stock. It wouldn't be fair for those who are good & can earn Gold & full XP while those who aren't can get the same for full mods. If PD wants this to be the best racing sim (mimicking real life), restrictions must be enforced somewhat, same with penalty & reduction of prize/xp...
In short full restriction + penalty = full credit/XP.
No restriction/penalty = Limited credit/XP

I guess that's where we differ the most. I could care less if you believe me or not. I don't feel the least bit obligated to prove it. I did it, I know I did it and that's where it ends for me. You say you couldn't do it without some tuning and skid recovery. Do I think less of you because you needed those assists? Nope.

I still haven't beaten it becaues I don't want to turn SRF on.

The reason I don't believe you have done it stock is I don't think ANYONE has reported beating it stock and those who have beaten it have only done so with upgraded cars and/or SRF.

You are either immensely better than anyone else who has posted here or you are mis remembering and using it as a fact to back your statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back