Seasonals too hard. Is it only me?

• Thread starter davidt33
  • 137 comments
When you throw in Nurburgring, then it gets truly hard. I admit I'm not good at it, I'm pretty slow in the 1st half and but sometimes make up for it in the last half. If I do a 7.10 - 7.30 in your avg. high performance car, its a good day.

Think about it, on a normal track you get multiple goes on the same corners to overtake people... ok I missed him on Eau Rouge, I can try again next lap. On shorter tracks its even easier, I would do longer races on Tsukuba and you over take people all the time.

This is obviously generally not the case on the Ring. You have a fixed bunch of corners and you have 7 mins and you dont get to try that corner overtake again.

Its not even circuit racing really, its short form classic Mille Miglia style road racing.

If you're not good at the ring, congrats, you're like the vast majority of people out there.

I am not that great at the ring either lol. But I did get a 1st place at this event. What makes this event real tough is the gt500 cars are pretty much as wide as an LMP and the track is barely a lane and a half wide in places. The AI is set to weave for some reason also just for that added zest I guess lol. A bunch of Dale Earnhardt style pass in the grass moments, not cool since the ring has grass coated in cooking oil lol.

When you throw in Nurburgring, then it gets truly hard. I admit I'm not good at it, I'm pretty slow in the 1st half and but sometimes make up for it in the last half. If I do a 7.10 - 7.30 in your avg. high performance car, its a good day.

Think about it, on a normal track you get multiple goes on the same corners to overtake people... ok I missed him on Eau Rouge, I can try again next lap. On shorter tracks its even easier, I would do longer races on Tsukuba and you over take people all the time.

This is obviously generally not the case on the Ring. You have a fixed bunch of corners and you have 7 mins and you dont get to try that corner overtake again.

Its not even circuit racing really, its short form classic Mille Miglia style road racing.

If you're not good at the ring, congrats, you're like the vast majority of people out there.

Yeah the Ring is a pretty decent test of racing skill, that's for sure! I've managed a 6th at best, so far. Still, we keep trying!

Is it only me or does anybody else find they're generally too hard?

I've tried one or two Seasonals, last one being the "European Race Car Expert Challenge" (4.95 miles/10 laps). After all that time spent I felt I wasted my time as I ended up on or near the bottom and got no credits for the time and effort.

The races are too hard and so too the time trials IMO as the slightest veer off track puts you in a serious disadvantage. I'm not encouraged to spend and waste my time.
Enjoy the game being hard for you. It was the time which was most fun for me, learning and trying to win . When you get better the seasonals wont be as much fun .

@wedjim what you can try is joining a few one make races on nurburgring (or any track you need to learn) online be it dirty or clean lobbies, people tend to find out the toughest corners for you xD then you might remember the braking points allot better! :lol:

When I created this thread it was when only the hard expert type ones were available and I was catching my tail with them. Then came the Beginner and Intermediate ones some weeks ago and my view has since changed as I've been having a blast with those, made many millions and added many more cars to the garage as a result. I love the Seasonals now.

Is it only me or does anybody else find they're generally too hard?

I've tried one or two Seasonals, last one being the "European Race Car Expert Challenge" (4.95 miles/10 laps). After all that time spent I felt I wasted my time as I ended up on or near the bottom and got no credits for the time and effort.

The races are too hard and so too the time trials IMO as the slightest veer off track puts you in a serious disadvantage. I'm not encouraged to spend and waste my time.

They are challenging that's for sure but if you like tinkering around with different cars and settings experimenting, eventually you'll get wins and place 1st.

Last edited:
If it makes you feel any better, that race kicked my ass when I just grabbed any old car with no tune and tried it (system defaulting me to RH tires). I didn't know the track at all, and really, there was nothing I could do to win. However, after selecting the right car, with the right tune, the right tires, and learning the track, I easily trounce them by over a minute and a half. I think PD wants us to think the race is impossible without some real thought and practice, and to that end I'm happy that they want that. Only certain people will accept failure, and certain people will not. Just do what I do...

- Select the right car
- Select the right tune (Priano / Exeter for me)
- Select the right tires
- Learn the track
- Practice

WIN.

IMG_8930.jpg

These are key to winning. Aids also help. I can Gold even Expert races and win Time Trials at the age of 73, but I have no idea how so many people can be so much faster: if I get 15,000th I'm pleased!

They are challenging that's for sure but if you like tinkering around with difference cars and settings experimenting, eventually you'll get wins and place 1st.
I'd also add if you aren't into collecting unique chrome and pearlescent, colour shifting paint-chips and fairly expensive cars the seasonals might not be worth your time.... but if you have the 200% login bonus and can muster and re-muster up the courage to finish 2 or 3 you'll have an extra ~2-4million dollars in the bank! :sly: just think what you could do with all that money:gtpflag:

but I have no idea how so many people can be so much faster: if I get 15,000th I'm pleased!
You can study the replays of the top drivers and pick up on what you're doing different. Paying attention to the instruments panel for example One interesting thing I picked up is: know the best shift points of your car. By that I say if you're shifting an american V8 at redline wherethe hp peak is 1k rpm below the redline... you could be accelerating much faster shifting at say 5000 rpm versus 6000 rpm redline; even heel and toe I picked up from replays.

Last edited:
I just hope for something fun. I figure we will get a 700pp expert race this time around. That means 2J, 2X, Hybride and LM55 being the go to machines if that is the case. 650 would be different, and let a bunch of cars be competitive.

I just hope f

or something fun. I figure we will get a 700pp expert race this time around. That means 2J, 2X, Hybride and LM55 being the go to machines if that is the case. 650 would be different, and let a bunch of cars be competitive.

I'm still waiting on a 400 PP race with normal cars. Will be fun.

I'm looking forward to another Beginner level and Intermediate level races.

That'll be cool by me. I real advantage those races that are due to expire today.

I'd also add if you aren't into collecting unique chrome and pearlescent, colour shifting paint-chips and fairly expensive cars the seasonals might not be worth your time.... but if you have the 200% login bonus and can muster and re-muster up the courage to finish 2 or 3 you'll have an extra ~2-4million dollars in the bank! :sly: just think what you could do with all that money:gtpflag:

You can study the replays of the top drivers and pick up on what you're doing different. Paying attention to the instruments panel for example One interesting thing I picked up is: know the best shift points of your car. By that I say if you're shifting an american V8 at redline wherethe hp peak is 1k rpm below the redline... you could be accelerating much faster shifting at say 5000 rpm versus 6000 rpm redline; even heel and toe I picked up from replays.

I agree and I like getting the paint and cars!

Knocked them out first try. GSX-R4, Shelby Series 1, 2J Chapparel. Then I went back in and won the expert race with the Puegot race car for fun.

Time trials are not my thing and drift is certainly not my thing but if its entertaining slash amusing like the last snow drift then yeah... bring it on.

Does anyone remember how easy the seasonals were for the first 3 or 4 months when GT6 first came out?
Well, I played GT5 like most of you, and didn't come into GT6 as a rookie driver, but I am definitely a much refined and more consistent driver now then I was then, and I found them easy as hell when the game came out. Now, the time trials at least prove a challenge. The expert races are not too bad, some harder then others. Remember a few months back, the desert race car, forgot the name, had that wicked Z in the back 9. I think that was the beginning of the Gran Turismo design team deciding to toughen up the seasonal races. Seems like ever since then, they were all winnable, but with much much more effort.
But those first few months when the game was released it was like easy bankroll.
I say good. Who wants to sleep through a game anyway.

Yes they are hard. That's why the are described as "expert" races. I suggest you take a look at the cars running at the front, then jump into one of those and try the race again. I do this to get more time tuning the cars in my garage, to earn more credits by repeating the races... and it's fun to do different tracks in different cars :)

Back