Seasonals too hard. Is it only me?

• Thread starter davidt33
  • 137 comments
The most of you kicked my ass and be faster, i know that and i can learn from that, Whe must make a GT forum room.

There is a GTPlanet club allready.It could be a nice place to create 'meet&greet' lobbys.

As far as that Sambabus idea, it brings up painful memories! I was in a club that had a VW beetle TT at Nurburgring 24 hour. No tuning, no aids ( not even ABS ) no driving line, CH tires, set at midnight with 100% weather, 100% surface water and heavy penalties. It took me 3 tries just to finish it. :indiff:

My hope 💡
-TT: historical european non-racing car at Montecarlo and Formula car at Silverstone/Indianapolis
-Drift challenge: historical at Ring and rally on the snow

Is it only me or does anybody else find they're generally too hard?

I've tried one or two Seasonals, last one being the "European Race Car Expert Challenge" (4.95 miles/10 laps). After all that time spent I felt I wasted my time as I ended up on or near the bottom and got no credits for the time and effort.

The races are too hard and so too the time trials IMO as the slightest veer off track puts you in a serious disadvantage. I'm not encouraged to spend and waste my time.
I agree with you. I tried non racing cars Suzuka, and though I can win a few races in Quick Match with real fast drivers, at the same race track, in the seasonal, against AI it seems impossible to better seventh. It's a waste of time.

Totally agreed about AI being hard in seasonal. Especially when get cought or passed they start posting great laptimes. And that is leading me to think: How hard can it be for PD now that they postponed the GT Sport release for 2017, to make an A-spec set of endurance races using this fast AI? I would easily pay for it guys. That was the main negative point of GT6 after all.

Keep trying/practising guys. That's the advice I was given back then and it payed off. It does get easier. Good tunes help a lot too and guys are always glad to share tunes that give the extra edge.
I have no problem now winning most races and too much money in the bank.
The Time Trials is still a bitch as not my cup of tea but still am now able to gold most in a couple tries if not in first try.
The Expert levels do present a challenge but then again it keeps the interest and challenge going.

For some reason, I think the seasonals are mostly easy, except those Expert races. Maybe I'm not an expert after 3 years of GT6 (+3 years of GT5, and some more years of GT3/GT4)... ;-;

For some reason, I think the seasonals are mostly easy, except those Expert races. Maybe I'm not an expert after 3 years of GT6 (+3 years of GT5, and some more years of GT3/GT4)... ;-;

You know something? I actually enjoy the Expert races more now. Quite prefer the challenge and even so I've been Golding much easier. The Beginner and Intermediate level races have become a breeze for me now.

For me it is not so much a question of hard vs easy,
as one of fun vs not fun, and paint chip / prize car
Perfect example was Italian non race car Ascari
I really wanted the prize car and yellow paint chip
But that was just not a fun race, in the end I ran it a few times
got silver, won my yellow paint chip, and bought the prize car

Now everyone is racing the TT's instead of posting about them here? lol

I'm top 700ish in both, still on the times I set the first day. If I get time I'll put in more laps.

This thread was an Enjoyable read. Brings to mind a saying. "Success is made of many failures". Just keep plugging away folks.

Things that seem improbable yesterday are within the realms of possibility today if one remains vigilant & on task. Or put another way, " Strive for the the impossible & the improbable can occur..." Sometimes one has to step away for awhile for muscle memory & neuron connections can gel. It's called a reset. I do it all the time in pool if the shot does not feel right. It's all relative ;)

1 Day..... Wonder what we get.

Waiting to see.

Was actually hoping we would have gotten one of those weather-changing/tyre-changing seasonal races like a year ago but I guess would be some more TTs. Still looking forward to whatever though.

EDIT: Was just browsing through some of the comments and advice from way back when I stated the thread a year ago. Some real golden comments and advice I got there, have to admit. So true. And the thing is members weren't trying to put me down with my inexperience at the time but were really encouraging and proved quite helpful.

Last edited:
1 day David :cheers:

Yup. Can't wait for some real races again.

Edit: Wish they would have one of those longer laps races sometime, like the one I complained about back then in the very first post "European Race Car Expert Challenge" (4.95 miles/10 laps)".
Haven't seen any like that since. It's just mainly been the TTs and 3-lap races.
I would love to have a go at it again.

Last edited:
Couple hours :cheers:

Please give me monaco or Le mans :gtpflag:
I forgot to look at the quick match selections? I got caught up in the two drift trials..took me an hour to get gold on both of them..now its all about the suzuka time! dang 2:15? theyre nuts..i tuned my Gtr to 2:26:00 but I have to lose a few seconds tonight ! wish me luck!

I think some of them are difficult. And others are somewhat easy.
But I agree, they could be just a little bit easier.

They should not be any easier like they are now, the Expert seasonal races are very easy.

I agree that some are harder than others, but I don't agree that they should be easier, just more evenly hard. Some of these races give me quite a bit of hell if I use a stock car. I don't do this much, as I inferred from the myriad of adjustments that PD gave us that we should be adjusting things, so I always use tuned cars. Having said that, even with tuned cars I can only beat gold by a few seconds on some tracks, and others by 8-10 seconds. They have enough guys working for them that they should make them all more evenly hard.

Back