Seasonals too hard. Is it only me?

• Thread starter davidt33
  • 137 comments
I've only been able to do the 5/5 seasonals, and didn't try the Nürburgring event. Rain and I don't get along well on GT6, so I didn't bother. However, the other challenges I tried weren't too bad. The tight city time trial is the main one I had trouble with. Gave up on it because I just couldn't figure the track out. If I can do them, most people should be able to. I can never hit apexes consistently or figure out braking points. I'm just good at being consistently bad.

I've only been able to do the 5/5 seasonals, and didn't try the Nürburgring event. Rain and I don't get along well on GT6, so I didn't bother. However, the other challenges I tried weren't too bad. The tight city time trial is the main one I had trouble with. Gave up on it because I just couldn't figure the track out. If I can do them, most people should be able to. I can never hit apexes consistently or figure out braking points. I'm just good at being consistently bad.

You should try the Nürburgring event bro. I never liked the Nurb before myself (always thought it was too difficult), far less for rain on it.... but I found it was the most interesting, so much so it's the one I ended up racing most. Just try with some of the recommended cars on the thread for the race and I would recommend "Racing Intermediate" tyres. You will find (at least I found) you get excellent grip with them, and by extension stability, and very good speed. Thank me later.

If your having problem why don't you put your blue Driving Line to On.

I am finding it difficult as well. I want to know who the genius is who thinks racing on :censored:tires is a good idea. Cant figure that one out.........

Last edited by a moderator:
To the OP's point of finding some of the challenges too difficult. It is what is. You either stay with it cursing, ranting when you spin or run off the track, or you say F--K it after a few tries & go to your favorite FPS and kill as many people as you can. Personally, when I hit the F--K it stage in any challenge its only after much cursing, ranting & " I cant do this" I always come back to it as long as the event stays open. Two regrets in Sim racing were not Golding the last challenge in GT4 (the Merc at the ring) & getting the Platinum in GT5. but that s because I luvtadrive

To the OP's point of finding some of the challenges too difficult. It is what is. You either stay with it cursing, ranting when you spin or run off the track, or you say F--K it after a few tries & go to your favorite FPS and kill as many people as you can. Personally, when I hit the F--K it stage in any challenge its only after much cursing, ranting & " I cant do this" I always come back to it as long as the event stays open. Two regrets in Sim racing were not Golding the last challenge in GT4 (the Merc at the ring) & getting the Platinum in GT5. but that s because I luvtadrive

I real love the Seasonals now boy. Does look forward to them.
The original post from back then was when I was still a greenhorn. Long live the seasonals.

How you managing with the historic race car thingy ?

It's been quite a challenge. The best outing I've had was using the Chaparral 2J. That's the best car I think. With it I've gotten numerous 2nd places. A couple 1st places also with the exception of when the two 2Js and Toyota 70 are in the line up, but of course that is the most difficult line up to beat.
It's the race though (the Expert Historic) that I find myself most entering for the challenge.

I switched accounts and used a Praiano 2J tune for the historic challenge and it was not hard with two of them as the AI. The important parts are the tune and the other account. I have done my best on that one to drive courteously and not ram opponents. I can say for certain that the game remembers your behavior and acts accordingly. While using my main acct. they block, ram, and pit me like crazy. On the other, they held their line and drove decently.

I'm hoping they don't have a repeat of any prior TT's or drift events. I had a terrible time with the drift events at Cape Ring and SSR 5 last year, and go figure, they returned last month. PD has gotten so lazy. All the cars and tracks available, yet they have to recycle things.

I'd like to see a TT at Autumn Ring, its been over a year, or something with Kei cars or older vintage stuff. Maybe something for VGT models?

Imagine if we as a group, could design the events, and PD would put them up :gtpflag:

I am aware that clubs do that, I participate in a few of them, but none get even 100 persons involved, let alone 100k.

A time tt with a stock Sambabus at the Sierra ? :lol:

Edit: I see you'r post above, I go to the open lobby today and log in, Go to Monza.... Okey there was a Formula GT race. After 1 round i was destroy it. What dit they do? they cancel the race. If you Guys make a room let me know it because the most kicked me out because I'm to ''fast'' :gtpflag:

The most of you kicked my ass and be faster, i know that and i can learn from that, Whe must make a GT forum room.

Last edited:
Back