Seasonals too hard. Is it only me?

• Thread starter davidt33
  • 137 comments
I agree that some are harder than others, but I don't agree that they should be easier, just more evenly hard. Some of these races give me quite a bit of hell if I use a stock car. I don't do this much, as I inferred from the myriad of adjustments that PD gave us that we should be adjusting things, so I always use tuned cars. Having said that, even with tuned cars I can only beat gold by a few seconds on some tracks, and others by 8-10 seconds. They have enough guys working for them that they should make them all more evenly hard.

Preach.

2 days...... :cheers::cheers:

I been off GT6 for about a month or so since I got Project Cars. Was enjoying it so much more. Was even mastering driving on manual finally.
Only thing is on Sunday gone my prized G29 wheel stated acting up and jumping to the Options/Share screen or whatever interrupting driving and most times can't get back into the race with buttons becoming non-functional for the while. Happens while making sharp turns/turning corners. Been a big nuisance. Dreading to think it's gone on the bum. Keep hoping for some miracle.

Was thinking of coming back to try some GT6 racing and then BOOM....wheel started acting up before I got the chance. Bummer.

I been off GT6 for about a month or so since I got Project Cars. Was enjoying it so much more. Was even mastering driving on manual finally.
Only thing is on Sunday gone my prized G29 wheel stated acting up and jumping to the Options/Share screen or whatever interrupting driving and most times can't get back into the race with buttons becoming non-functional for the while. Happens while making sharp turns/turning corners. Been a big nuisance. Dreading to think it's gone on the bum. Keep hoping for some miracle.

Was thinking of coming back to try some GT6 racing and then BOOM....wheel started acting up before I got the chance. Bummer.
Your G29 still under warranty ?.

Your G29 still under warranty ?.

Don't think so. Have it since last April.
Just fired up PS4 again to drive and check it out. Wish me luck. Keeping fingers crossed.

EDIT: Just loaded up the game. Was able get to the start up screen for a race in PCcars, browsed through some screens (Configuration etc just to double-check)....got back to Career mode preparing to start a race....and then when I clicked on the menu to double-check the tires I had on before the race.... the screen jumped to the Options screen again so was no go. Fortunately this time the PS button was still functional (this time) and I was able to manually quit the "application/game/PS4" in one instead of force shutting off.

Drats. Really thinking now the wheel is shot. Some mechanism inside is tripping off. Could be damaged internal cable or something I dunno. Really has me very despondent. Sad.

Last edited:
Don't think so. Have it since last April.
Just fired up PS4 again to drive and check it out. Wish me luck. Keeping fingers crossed.

EDIT: Just loaded up the game. Was able get to the start up screen for a race in PCcars, browsed through some screens (Configuration etc just to double-check)....got back to Career mode preparing to start a race....and then when I clicked on the menu to double-check the tires I had on before the race.... the screen jumped to the Options screen again so was no go. Fortunately this time the PS button was still functional (this time) and I was able to manually quit the "application/game/PS4" in one instead of force shutting off.

Drats. Really thinking now the wheel is shot. Some mechanism inside is tripping off. Could be damaged internal cable or something I dunno. Really has me very despondent. Sad.
Check is it still has warranty on you receipt, does this happen on PS3 ? or if it out of warranty go and by a new G29 👍.

Check is it still has warranty on you receipt, does this happen on PS3 ? or if it out of warranty go and by a new G29 👍.

The return warrantee on the receipt from the store I bought it from had a 6-day warrantee I think. Perhaps that was in case of return I dunno. Not sure if there's a longer warrantee from their supplier. Will have to check that out this weekend but I have a feeling the time has passed.

Haven't tried it out on the PS3 yet. Don't have the heart to try it out tonight anymore. Should try it out tomorrow.
As for buying a new wheel....G29 or other.... funds real low right now bro so that would be tough. Had to fork out a couple thousand dollars on my vehicle recently and need some time to recoup. Would take some good time. It's a bummer for sure.

I bought my G29 about eight months ago. I have continued to use my DS3 controller for menu navigation & use my wheel exclusively for driving.
Maybe if you can decrease your wheel button usage, you can get through until your funds return. 👍

I bought my G29 about eight months ago. I have continued to use my DS3 controller for menu navigation & use my wheel exclusively for driving.
Maybe if you can decrease your wheel button usage, you can get through until your funds return. 👍
That is the same what I do GTR365 on my G29 👍.

Last edited:

That sounds strange but I'll give it a shot. The thing is though, once I get back from menu navigation using the DS controller (GS4 for the PS4 on Project Cars) to using the wheel for driving once I select the button selection in order to start the practice session, race or whatever I suspect that the options screen or whatever would eventually pop up again (while using the wheel).

BTW, I checked with the store that I bought the G29 wheel from about 11 months ago and asked what was the warrantee period they offered for it. They said 3 months. So I guess so much for returning it to them for whatever. Again, what a bummer.

That sounds strange but I'll give it a shot. The thing is though, once I get back from menu navigation using the DS controller (GS4 for the PS4 on Project Cars) to using the wheel for driving once I select the button selection in order to start the practice session, race or whatever I suspect that the options screen or whatever would eventually pop up again (while using the wheel).

BTW, I checked with the store that I bought the G29 wheel from about 11 months ago and asked what was the warrantee period they offered for it. They said 3 months. So I guess so much for returning it to them for whatever. Again, what a bummer.

The problem you are having is common on some of the G29 wheels. There is a problem with the wiring to the buttons. I believe that Logitech has a 2 yr. limited hardware warranty on this wheel. Contact them to get your wheel repaired or replaced. Do a simple internet search for more info on your problem and other problems people are having with the wheel and how to contact Logitech for warranty service.

The problem you are having is common on some of the G29 wheels. There is a problem with the wiring to the buttons. I believe that Logitech has a 2 yr. limited hardware warranty on this wheel. Contact them to get your wheel repaired or replaced. Do a simple internet search for more info on your problem and other problems people are having with the wheel and how to contact Logitech for warranty service.

Yeah, from numerous researches I have done since regarding similar issues it seems others had experienced same.
I'll try to follow up on your advice about contacting Logitech directly though and see what happens. The thing is though I don't live in the USA so not sure how things would go about returning to them for checking. But I'll still see.

Yeah, from numerous researches I have done since regarding similar issues it seems others had experienced same.
I'll try to follow up on your advice about contacting Logitech directly though and see what happens. The thing is though I don't live in the USA so not sure how things would go about returning to them for checking. But I'll still see.
Contacting Logitech is a good 💡 my friend, just use you DS4 in the mean time.

Have you tried your G29 on your PS3 ?.

Last edited:
Is it only me or does anybody else find they're generally too hard?

I've tried one or two Seasonals, last one being the "European Race Car Expert Challenge" (4.95 miles/10 laps). After all that time spent I felt I wasted my time as I ended up on or near the bottom and got no credits for the time and effort.

The races are too hard and so too the time trials IMO as the slightest veer off track puts you in a serious disadvantage. I'm not encouraged to spend and waste my time.
I look at what others suggest on the cars and tune then up and drive on bonnet view as it helps to get a feel for the turns and braking

I have 19 years of practice/experience with playing Gran Turismo (1,2,3,4,5 and 6), and I only use a DS3 controller. My strategy in seasonals is looking in the Rankings to see what cars are used, and use them to get gold, then afterwards I'll try other cars to get an evidence of (was it only that car that was able to get gold), to learn from that, type down on paper. I hate all of those who have to cheat to win, and you can really tell when someone has the fastest time has cheated. I also use all the tuning garages to find good solid tunes, and I make tuning myself. I know this is a boring truth, keep practicing, keep practicing.
Don't use directions buttons, use the analog stick. ;):cheers::cool::gtplanet:

I have 19 years of practice/experience with playing Gran Turismo (1,2,3,4,5 and 6), and I only use a DS3 controller. My strategy in seasonals is looking in the Rankings to see what cars are used, and use them to get gold, then afterwards I'll try other cars to get an evidence of (was it only that car that was able to get gold), to learn from that, type down on paper. I hate all of those who have to cheat to win, and you can really tell when someone has the fastest time has cheated. I also use all the tuning garages to find good solid tunes, and I make tuning myself. I know this is a boring truth, keep practicing, keep practicing.
Thanks i have played gt 1,2,3 I skipped 4 and 5and like you have looked at the top players and tried their cars, i am only now starting to learn using manual gears (before i drove on AT) as It was easy. With manual I have noticed it helps better on the bends and tight corners. Most people on the thread recommended move to manual I hope to improve my controls on the manual gears. How much more time improvement (in seconds typically) can you get with manual in comparison to auto?.
Drifting at the moment seems hit a miss with my cars spinning out when I rack up good points and I end up with 0 and hence unable to make gold. Thanks for you time. I like you don't see the point of cheating it defeats the object of the game

Back