Sebastien Vettel challenge: all gold

Vettel's challenge is no joke! :ouch:

I keep getting a bronze on Nurburgring. Golded Monza (passed ghost on 2nd lap by 2nd @ turns), now doing Suzuka.

This is just crazy.. :indiff:

I have decided to go down the brutal route, and complete this with a DS3 - or least try and complete it.

The first time I drove that car was like nothing else, the acceleration, the braking, the fact it cornered at a ridiculous speed and ferocity.

Scared, no, intimidated, most definitely.

Monza was first, it's the easiest track by a mile - i've driven it on so many games I know it inside out - i even dated it's sister, thats how well I knew it. The first few laps were just insane, i just could not get the timing right on the corners, it was either smack into the armco or off onto the gravel. But the confidence grew, the first lap time was hovering in the 1:15's and the second in the 1:12's, there was work to do.

Gradually i eaked a bit here and there before something clicked and the time tumbled.

Lap 1 turned into a late 1:09, the pressure grew, each corner came and went, I was getting closer, lap 2? 1:04, blew my mind. My total time was in the 2:14's, with a DS3 controller!!

Then came the amount of experience, 300k, level 31 thank you very much.

Just 2 to go, piece of cake then :crazy:

The Nurburgring was next, Suzuka can wait just that little bit longer. Straight away, the first corner kicked my backside, bit of a difference at 200mph :) trying to work out if it was wiser to let the car off the track after the 2nd easy corner or brake a little more to keep the line. No two laps were the same.

The next major challenge became the Schumacher S which I could take at 140/150 as i feathered the throttle, i just wasnt brave enough yet. Watching the replay and seeing it taken at 200+ got me thinking, i can do this. The time slowly came down, I'd need a 1:12 on the first lap to stand a chance, which I could do , which didnt leave me much leeway for lap 2. And the amount of times I tried to be too clever on the last corner, give it too much throttle and too much turning to hit the armco. I actually managed to clip the grass on the final straight, hit the wall with a 100yards to go. How frustrating.

But it happened, Lap 1, 1:11.6, game on, each corner came and went, the Schumacher S was now taken at 200+ but I still feathered the throttle a little, I got round it. An easy left/right left me with the tight chicane, no risks here, no time here for late breaking. Last corner, no stupid bravado here, I nailed it, lap 2 1:10.9. Bronze by half a second.

Suzuka, well, um, what can i say, i'm not even closer, i need a wheel!

Cheers folks

This challenge turned out a nightmare for me. With the PS3 being my first console ever (GT5 currently the only game I have!) I was expecting the annoying getting used to period at first. Didn't take that long to get a hang of it though. Had some serious issues with some licenses and Academy/Grand Tour special events due to my difficulties precision driving with the DS3.

So.. with everything else on gold so far and the Vettel challenge, after some frustrating failure sessions to learn the car, turning out easier than expected I pulled off the gold times.. until the infamous Suzuka! Not sure exactly how many hours I've spent on it so far but it starts driving me nuts :D

Managed 2:10:500 and 2:10:843. That's 2 attempts under 2:11 in 2 weeks of madness. (I won't admit one DS3 is practically broken because of this challenge so pretend you didn't read this... hueh!) Most often I end up in the mid 2:11:x. Basically a second away from platinum :P blimey!

Would love advice on it but I'd probably need to break down the laps I do to identify where I mess up.

Would love advice on it but I'd probably need to break down the laps I do to identify where I mess up.

Try the description by the OP in this thread, he uses DFGT as I did, but from what I hear with the controller set at level 7 sensitivity, you can get similar times. The key point in the lap for you is probablty the esses at the start, with dfgt I could manage full throttel through the first three bends and slight lift off for the fourth. If you watch these videos and see where you're losing the time, maybe you can work on that part of the lap for a while

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=154480

CrackedTrigger:

The DFGT was something I considered a while back but decided not to :) I'm stubborn like mad and it payed off. Finally Gold on all 3, with the DS3!

Payed extra attention on the esses as you mentioned but made it through well in time for a first split time at around mid 28:x. Had to spend a few hours to figure out I lost Loads of time on the hairpin, the wide left curve before the long straight and the chicane at the end.

To answer the OP and all others struggling with the entire challenge - the hardest part is probably finding and getting used to quirks of the tracks and adapt the handling of the car accordingly. The x2010 is, after all, not the everyday car/speed!

Most people seem to go with Skid: On, ABS: 1-4, Sensitivity: 7, everything else off. It was for me too on the first two tracks but, after spending 2 weeks and 1000+ attempts on Suzuka, I had to find out where and why I it didn't work out with the same settings. I nailed it down to over steering in almost every corner of the whole track even though it wasn't that apparent on the esses. What I did was to drop the ABS down from 4 to 2, set active steering to Mid and work to rid the last 10ths from there.

Those settings may or may not apply to others but the key point is: Don't be afraid to toy around with different settings for each track. Patience and a little luck will get you there eventually.

CrackedTrigger:

The DFGT was something I considered a while back but decided not to :) I'm stubborn like mad and it payed off. Finally Gold on all 3, with the DS3!

Payed extra attention on the esses as you mentioned but made it through well in time for a first split time at around mid 28:x. Had to spend a few hours to figure out I lost Loads of time on the hairpin, the wide left curve before the long straight and the chicane at the end.

Well done!! I did the same work through it as you.... congrats on the golds.... good feeling isn't it...... ;)

Also doing the brutal route. I'm determined to complete GT5 with DS3 (directional buttons). Golded all on the licenses and special events. Then hit the Vettel problem. Finally got gold at Monza (2:03.5) with only Bronze at Nurburgring and Suzuki. I think it will take over a month of practice to crack it with directional buttons.

Out of interest, please share your fastest times, I know Tigdney upload a video at Monza with a scoarching 1:58.5 (something). ****ing fast!
rhp82amman

Out of interest, please share your fastest times, I know Tigdney upload a video at Monza with a scoarching 1:58.5 (something). ****ing fast!
rhp82amman

Hehe cheers :),

Ye My fastest times are (All can have another second knocked of them with perfect laps);

Monza 1:58.819

Nurburgring: 2:04.825

Suzuka: 2:07.784 (I may try break the 2:06 barrier at some point :D)

Videos are here; https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=178969

Hehe cheers :),

Ye My fastest times are (All can have another second knocked of them with perfect laps);

Monza 1:58.819

Nurburgring: 2:04.825

Suzuka: 2:07.784 (I may try break the 2:06 barrier at some point :D)

Videos are here; https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=178969

Your insanely good!!! your times are insane, i barely got gold on all 3 vettel challenge, and you trump them by seconds, while i was fighting for milliseconds :/ nightmare is over though :)

Cheers,

I'll be going for the 2:06 on Suzuka in the next week or so :D! Well I'm going to go for the ultimate lap, which I think is a 2:06 :D.

o lol 1 of my trolls has come back :) much love to you <3 wheres your good friend USSR (Or same person)! The 2:07 isnt with a DS3. Although a 2:08 is possible with a DS3. But the pre-patch gold was, although I love that you continue to follow me it's like my very own fan :D!

o lol 1 of my trolls has come back :) much love to you <3 wheres your good friend USSR (Or same person)! The 2:07 isnt with a DS3. Although a 2:08 is possible with a DS3. But the pre-patch gold was, although I love that you continue to follow me it's like my very own fan :D!

+1
I've not gone on after getting gold but I know I can do at least a second better than gold on each, maybe even more (putting my two best laps together), but once I got gold I was outta there. What you did is you continued after that to see what is possible.... kudos..... I wouldn't be able handle the stress! The fact is that people saying no you didn't is sad frankly..... why lie, here on GTP we like to come on and brag as soon as we get the golds on these, well speaking for myself anyway, but lieing about it...... don't think there's many doing that.... maybe a few saying I did Suzuka in a half hour or something. You can always prove it with a replay anyway!

Cheers I know from the other thread that I posted at the time people knew that I had worked on it for ages, I livestream'd attempts, livestream'd from my webcam before I got my blackmagic but wasn't good quality. But I'll always remember that feeling it was great!

For me I can never stop at a challenge I like to try reach the limits or go beyond them, its who I am as a person, I do it in other games and in IRL :D! I mean someone was saying to me there is a world record of some sorts for racing round the same track for 26 hours straight, I'd love to beat that happily, perhaps even adding the challenge of not 1 crash or something like that but who knows :).

Yeah I'm the same, give me a challenge and I'll take it on. Probably translates to the games aswell, 10 games now and GT5 will be my 10th platinum, when I get those last few banker trophies that is. ;)

Excellent going Cracked Trigger! :D! I haven't bothered with Platinum but I know a number are hard to get including GT5!!

I got bronze in all three.

N-Ring with DS3 controller (was a nightmare 🤬)
Monza with DFP wheel and a Playseat (easy :D)
Suzuka with DFP wheel and a Playseat (not so easy :banghead:)

You get the:
Vettle Red Bull X2010 for Bronze
a colored X2010 for Silver
and a Carbon X2010 for Gold

Excellent going Cracked Trigger! :D! I haven't bothered with Platinum but I know a number are hard to get including GT5!!

Yeah pretty much all my friends list don't bother with trophies in general, ah well I try anyway! Well good luck in your challenge you set yourself for this, and make sure you post the vid here afterwards!! 👍

I have completed 100% every GT game up until GT5, and earned all golds in every licence test, so I'd say I'm an above-average GT racer. HOWEVER, I don't think I will ever, in my lifetime, even with every conceivable effort, be able to attain gold for the Vettel Challenges. To sum up the difficulty (I'm using a Sixaxis), I think I'd be able to complete 100% GT1, GT2, GT3, Tokyo-Geneva, GT4P, GT4 and GT5P before I got within a second of these gold times. Oh my god, as if the 24hr races weren't rediculously physically and time-unhealthy enough...

A few individuals have actually popped around a lobby with Proto X1 in the sea of vettels and 2010s. That right there is bragging rights. I salute their hard work and effort to play a fictional car that could literally stop your heart and brain function 20 times before the lap is over.

I"m just not that dedicated and plus I don't have a DFP.

Hi there i class myself as a decent racer when it comes to games, so it came as a massive shock when i started the vettel challenge. This challenge is so hard (i used the wheel) that i barely scraped through them to get bronze, on the nurburgring gp track i was just 2 tenths in for bronze after about an hour trying. I started this thread cos i want to know who has all gold results on this, or i would like to hear your thoughts on the challenges. Was it hard for you? How many attempts? Etc.

Hey man, I don't know if you already beat all 3 challenges or not, but if you are still having trouble, I submitted all 3 races to my youtube account with commentary. I suck at explaining stuff but hopefully watching the video and reading my notes in the memo box will give you some good hints on how to tackle all 3 challenges.

Ring: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqFJLjktPHo
Monza: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBLogI_w8OA
Suzuka: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1qrKtUa0To

There are videos for other challenges/licenses etc.. based on request. I hope this helps you guys out.

Well, I give up on golding this challenge. It is, quite obviously, the most difficult task in all of GT history.

Vettel Challenge Gold here,

For me it's all a matter of practice, we gradually get used to each track until you reach the gold.

Wow! I'm having a hard time believing this...but I actually got gold today!!! It took me a couple months, a few hours off and on, and then a big break before recently coming back to this challenge and today I got it.

After about an hour, I pulled a 105.805 on the first lap and thought...hmmm, I got a shot. "Come here Sebastian!" Poured it on and never let up until I crossed the finish line...then an overly-long pause and I see the spinning gold leaves...OMG, I finally beat that darn challenge (104.1xx on the final lap). Yeeaaaahhh!!!! Wife gives me a look and just shakes her head.

Looked at the replay and it was not pretty at all, so those who haven't done this yet do not give up hope...you can do it without two perfect laps. :)

Thanks,
OCMike123

Edit: See I was so excited I forgot to say this was for the Suzuka challenge. :lol: The other two I had gold on months ago. Finally got that "gold standard" trophy. :)

Last edited:
Monza and Nurburgring are very doable with a bit of practice, took me about an hour or so to gold these. Monza was by far the easiest, I overtook Vettel on the 1st lap at Monza.

The toughy is Suzuka, this one I thought I'd never get gold, stuck at it for ages and my first lap was pretty shoddy, very bad actually, so I thought F**t it nothing to lose here so on the 2nd lap I just absolutely chucked it into every corner, I missed a few apexs on the 2nd lap too but I still managed gold.

Stick at it guys, attempting then leaving doesn't really work, you need to just stick at it, and don't think after 30mins or so you can't do it as it takes a lot longer than that. If you leave after 30 mins you will have to learn the car and track all over again so its best to stick it out for a couple of hours.

Hope I've given some people motivation to stick at it. Good luck :D

If anyone is PMing me to do it for them can you please make sure you send the necessary details my inbox keeps nearing full after each day lol!

quick question: CAN it be golded with a G25 wheel? This is all I have left to do to get platinum, not that I care for such medals, because a wise man once told me, **** doesn't hang. I have silvers in all 3 so far, my problem is being a scaredy cat and taking corners flat out, I get giddy and lose it all when I see myself approaching a next turn at 400km/hr. I've been having night sweats. I got 6 speeding tickets this week alone! I have left skid marks on my way to church and back noticed by google earth! I can't hear my wife under that high rev whine! (is it her whine??) I have no PD G25 support! I can't for the life of me even drive in a straight line with a GAMEPAD!?!! HEEEELLP!

BTW, I love driving a Fiat.

Last edited:
quick question: CAN it be golded with a G25 wheel? This is all I have left to do to get platinum, not that I care for such medals, because a wise man once told me, **** doesn't hang. I have silvers in all 3 so far, my problem is being a scaredy cat and taking corners flat out, I get giddy and lose it all when I see myself approaching a next turn at 400km/hr. I've been having night sweats. I got 6 speeding tickets this week alone! I have left skid marks on my way to church and back noticed by google earth! I can't hear my wife under that high rev whine! (is it her whine??) I have no PD G25 support! I can't for the life of me even drive in a straight line with a GAMEPAD!!! HEEEELLP!

BTW, I love driving a Fiat.

Yeah G25's should be able to gold it. I have a G27 and it's more or less the same wheel set as the G25 so it should be do-able.

Try golding Monza first without cutting the chicanes because you learn how to use the wheel to make the car do what you want if you gold that track first with the G25. Oh and ignore the speedometer and concentrate on the driving ;)

Back