Senna content coming soon?

• Thread starter strela
  • 5,436 comments
24 minutes and 50 odd seconds of a 1985 Thundersports race so you have plenty of chance to look at what the track looked like then.

I was watching a show earlier today with F1 at Brands in '74.
Fittipaldi and Lauda going at it with their tiny front wheels and monster fatties on the back.
Nothing much to do with this, but your vid. reminded me of it.
Classic stuff.

Well , lotus sounds amazing glad I choose to play it on my system instead at looking at videos on the net. Through my 5.1 setup it is the best sounding car gt has ever had....period...loads of subtle noises that tv speakers wouldn't pick up...

And bumper car has no muffled sound anymore sounds like the outside cam

How can the RB sounds be accurate? How can the F3 & 97T be based on RB sounds? The RB cars don't exist other than in this game!

They would have used the F3 & 97T sounds as a base and modified them for the RB cars.
Which came first? That's right, the RB cars came out before they started making the Senna cars. I keep forgetting that.

24 minutes and 50 odd seconds of a 1985 Thundersports race so you have plenty of chance to look at what the track looked like then.

Together with the entire 1985 Eurpean Grand Prix.

Indeed, not to mention there are plenty of photos of the tracks from back then. Lack of reference is certainly not the reason they haven't done it yet. One would have to assume they decided their track artists would be better spending time on something else, whatever that may be.

Which came first? That's right, the RB cars came out before they started making the Senna cars. I keep forgetting that.
It could be possible that the sound was developed before we got the Junior and just copy and pasted the sound because the Junior isn't real. Take into account PD has been working on this Senna thing before GT6 was released.

IneedSchool is right, more planning goes into releasing the game and the DLC than just release it when it is ready. The Senna stuff was probably ready to release months ago, or even back in the original Dec 13 GT6 launch, but held back for the big 20th anniversary of his death so it would have more impact and relevance.

Don't forget the delays of this week were down to licencing issues (of what we don't know, could have been Brands trackside scenery images ;) ).

The RB cars may have always intended to be modern interpretations/rip offs of the 97T & F3 as it is an easy way to give "new" content when much of the work is already done for something else. An analogy would be the way the car companies have standard platforms or reuse engines across the whole group (GM, Ford, VW etc) and each division releases its own car as as a new one at different times or cross company co-operation (GT86/BRZ & Tesla/Elise/Tommy K)

Together with the entire 1985 Eurpean Grand Prix.

A thousand thank yous, I will be watching these later. I remember parts of the Grand Prix as I was standing at Hawthorns Hill for most of it and didn't realise Rosberg was a lap down, though I did wonder why the cameras at Hawthorns were following the guy in 2nd. I only found out Mansell had won when I met up with my Dad at paddock at the end.

The Thundersports was probably the same meeting but they scared me a few years before that as they made my insides vibrate with their deep rumble.

Indeed, not to mention there are plenty of photos of the tracks from back then. Lack of reference is certainly not the reason they haven't done it yet. One would have to assume they decided their track artists would be better spending time on something else, whatever that may be.

Good question for the Kaz forum as it will give insight to how PD work, their processes and limitations.

I just noticed.
In Red Bull Challenge, first you drive a kart, drive a "f3 like" XJunior, drive a "F1 like" XStandard, and finally the fan car.
On Senna, you drive a kart, drive a F3, and then drive a F1 Turbo......

Would be funny if the "Senna Wish" is a modified lotus fan car, or a Brabham BT46....:dunce:

Anyway, my prediction about the sound is right.....except the Lotus OH MY GOD THEM SOUND AND THE ENORMOUS TURBO LAG. (also them turbo gauges and whats the indicator above the speedo? The turbo capacity?)

Also them Senna photos. Someone should upload it on GTP to view and download.

Not to mention that the 80's tracks has todays sponsors. I think its the track according to Senna. He can see the future. "What sponsor will clutter up this track?"

They should at least put in Hall & Oates and some dudes with weird haircuts for that 80's feel on Brand Hatch...but no.

No, it was said originally that it would come in an update, :rolleyes:
you miss the point. When GT6 came out we were told there would be these vision gt cars and Senna content. The senna car was in the opening video and on the box for peet's sake.

As such we paid for the game in the full knowledge that we would get this content. The Senna link was a bit part of PD's GT6 sales pitch. Ergo we paid for it then.

I confirm for sounds. They are really very good !

Is this the new sound engine ? I don't know but if they continue like this, they are on the right track ! 👍👍
100% agree! the Lotus is fantastic, awesome handling and very good sounds.
I got to admit, it's better than I expected.
Good job on it PD 👍

What does that have to with effort
It's not correct to call it free. Senna and Vison GT content was pitched when the game was origionaly released. As were coruse makers and that Spanish city thing which seems to have vanished from peoples minds.

As far as i'm co
I know why they used the RB car sounds for the F3 and F1... probably.

RB X2014 Standard: Turbocharged V6
Lotus 97T: Turbocharged V6

RB X2014 Junior: Inline 4
Ralt F3: Inline 4

I'm not saying the sounds are perfectly accurate or amazing, but I'm saying is that PD already had pretty good sounds for those engines, so using them made sense. There is room for improvement, as always.

And Red Bull X2014 and Lotus 97T has both Renault engine ;)

you miss the point. When GT6 came out we were told there would be these vision gt cars and Senna content. The senna car was in the opening video and on the box for peet's sake.

As such we paid for the game in the full knowledge that we would get this content. The Senna link was a bit part of PD's GT6 sales pitch. Ergo we paid for it then.
No they said clearly that it would come in an update, same with the Vision GT cars.

No they said clearly that it would come in an update, same with the Vision GT cars.

Again you seem to be making a different point. I am simply stating that it's not correct to say that this is free new content. It is simply the content we were sold back in December, and which we paid for in December with the game. Sure we always knew it would come later, but the point is we knew it was comming and paid for it on that condition.

Back