Senna content coming soon?

• Thread starter strela
  • 5,436 comments
Sponsor logos may be a licencing issue, you never know with that sort of thing, and to be honest, I'm very glad the run off tarmac at paddock wasn't put back. That stuff is made for cheats.

In the TTs though you would get penalised for it. How much do the tarmac run offs at other tracks get abused eg La Sarthe Tertre Rouge springs to mind

Bingo. Removing current sponsors from a current track and replacing them with old ones from companies who no longer have rights to those spots or pay for that sponsorship space would be a legal mess. The current sponsors are at the track and paid for that space. The concept of sponsorships and licensing seems quite obvious, but apparently there are many who are unaware.

I'm sure most people understand the concepts of Sponsorship, Advertising and of Licensing. What I think most fail to appreciate is how broad or narrow, specific or open, trivial or major, overlooked or over analysed the clauses in any of those agreements may be.

To even guess at some of the agreements in place is pointless (although it may be fascinating).

Anyone notice that in the gallery, from the cart to the Lotus, they always have the top-down black&white interior pitcure of each car?

Anyway, i want the gallery pitcures to download for my desktop wallpaper. anyone care to upload?:D

Super happy with what PD has done. :)
Agreed, for once actually, I'm happy for what we've got (besides the BMW VGT). The karting could use some tweaking though.

+ Loving the old layouts, particularly Monza (I don't mind the scenery and the modern surroundings).
+ The Lotus 97T is an absolute beast and tons of fun, same goes for the WSR F3.
+ Sounds exceeded my expectations and beyond.

- Karting is as boring and stale as ever.​

Jeez.

Am I the only one who's been at work all day reading posts from people who're just constantly throwing their handbags at each other and when I get home and play the content for myself I'll enjoy it and be grateful to PD for bringing it to us free and appreciate the work that they put in with the staff they have, considering some will be working on GT7 and not think that they're in a major conspiracy plot to just annoy us all?

No. F1 2013, Shift2, Project CARS. Just three examples of games doing a far better job with classic tracks than PD. PD are better funded than all 3 and better staffed than at least 1.
Would you really have wanted them to spend ages recreating a slightly different version of 2 tracks we already have?
Personally I want more unique content and tracks than for them to bother making 80's buildings. We only get so much content out of PD...use it wisely.
Sure it would have been definitely cool but I'm okay suspending belief and pretending they still have the 80's tarmac hidden under a layer of gravel or grass.

Ayrton Senna Tribute

Ayrton Senna - DAP Racing Kart #17 '80 @ Silverstone: Stowe Circuit

Ayrton Senna - WSR, 1983 Ayrton Senna @ Brands Hatch Indy Circuit '80

Ayrton Senna - LOTUS 97T '85 @ Autodromo Nazionale Monza '80

Ayrton Senna - LOTUS 97T '85 @ Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80

Last edited:
Jeez.

Am I the only one who's been at work all day reading posts from people who're just constantly throwing their handbags at each other and when I get home and play the content for myself I'll enjoy it and be grateful to PD for bringing it to us free and appreciate the work that they put in with the staff they have, considering some will be working on GT7 and not think that they're in a major conspiracy plot to just annoy us all?
Yes. You are the only one. Literally just you. Absolutely nobody else here feels the same way. What are the odds, eh? :sly:

I just come in mind after seeing recent news headlines and Senna's Wish:

In Brazillians Minds
Senna Vs. World Cup (the anti-Senna)

Ok, it's a bit hard to find a post to reply to...

But here's my take on the scenery in 80's Monza and Brands Hatch - if PD were to release a modern layout of Seattle with the old scenery (...King Dome...) or the original layout with modern, updated scenery, I would be quite offended.

I believe the left digital gauge is turbo temperature, the right one i still got no clue... Maybe fuel pressure
The left gauge is RPM while the right gauge is boost pressure measured in "Bars."

EDIT: I love the sound of a Renault Gordini in the morning! :)

I'm really getting tired of this place, having to defend my opinion to the nth degree just because it's negative. I also do not appreciate being called stupid.
Welcome to the club! :lol:

You should try being Mr Positive in a world full of antimatter. And this makes any chance of a community manager here just about zilch, unless it's Famine. Or I could. Both of us are used to this freak farm and know when it's time to step away and come back after a soothing tea or something. "Yup... lava up to the rafters again..." :P

Gt6 the ultimate recycling stimulator
No, that would be any F1 game series.

I also find it disappointing that people choose to show such a lack of respect for the professionalism and dedication of the PD developers as well as for the Japanese work ethic . I don't know what all you negative posters do for a living (if anything) but I would bet a fair chunk of yours and my combined wages that they work longer and harder than you.

I am embarrassed when I scan the Kaz Q&A forum and see the tone of the questions that Kaz will look at. Sure, criticism as constructive feedback is good, but rudeness (in the eyes of whoever reads it) is not. If you had the chance to ask Kaz face to face what you posted, would you feel comfortable or change the wording?

Apologies to the mods for going so far off topic, but the attitude, ignorance and badly formed opinions of others is ruining much of the good work GTP is doing.
I couldn't have said this better myself. 👍 The intranets are producing a large number of humans ruled by dark urges without much restraint.

Would you really have wanted them to spend ages recreating a slightly different version of 2 tracks we already have?
Personally I want more unique content and tracks than for them to bother making 80's buildings. We only get so much content out of PD...use it wisely.
Sure it would have been definitely cool but I'm okay suspending belief and pretending they still have the 80's tarmac hidden under a layer of gravel or grass.
Seriously, THIS. PD hasn't gone on vaca since GT6 launched, leaving only a skeleton crew. They're working their tailpipes off on something, and who knows if it isn't a lot of the stuff we're asking for? Kaz laid out a pretty grand vision, and it's been showing up in bits and pieces, like the new aero kits. Maybe they're going to make a lot of us happy, and are working on expanding GT6 like a landgrabber funded by Microsoft. Maybe most of it is going to show up in GT7. Whatever it is, it's probably pretty darn cool, and we'll learn about it in time.

I know why they used the RB car sounds for the F3 and F1... probably.

RB X2014 Standard: Turbocharged V6
Lotus 97T: Turbocharged V6

RB X2014 Junior: Inline 4
Ralt F3: Inline 4

I'm not saying the sounds are perfectly accurate or amazing, but I'm saying is that PD already had pretty good sounds for those engines, so using them made sense. There is room for improvement, as always.

I've only watched a video of the GT6 RALT and while it's different than the RB jr, it's much worse. It just sounds odd and clearly synthesized.

I've only watched a video of the GT6 RALT and while it's different than the RB jr, it's much worse. It just sounds odd and clearly synthesized.
I guess it depends on your sound system...

For example i find the ralt f3 sound perfect and way better then the Lotus one... I guess sound setup matters.

@Hyland
Karting is as boring and stale as ever.
I agree it's as boring and stale as ever but to me it's not the karting that's boring, it's the lack of tracks suited to Karting that makes them boring. I raced almost that exact same Senna setup in real life, but it was on tracks where a long straight was 250-300 feet and hairpins were really hairpins. The tracks in the game are just too big for a 100cc kart to be fun. Many PC sims are releasing proper kart tracks and they look like an absolute blast to me. There's a reason why nearly every top circuit racer in the world comes up through karting and PD is really missing the boat in that regard. I expected the Senna track (Interlagos) to be in this update or follow shortly and that'll really give that fun and challenge factor in karts a big boost IMO.

Last edited:
I agree it's as boring and stale as ever but to me it's not the karting that's boring, it's the lack of tracks suited to Karting that makes them boring. I raced almost that exact same Senna setup in real life, but it was on tracks where a long straight was 250-300 feet and hairpins were really hairpins. The tracks in the game are just too big for a 100cc kart to be fun. Many PC sims are releasing proper kart tracks and they look like an absolute blast to me. There's a reason why nearly every top circuit racer in the world comes up through karting and PD is really missing the boat in that regard. I expected the Senna track (Interlagos) to be in this update or follow shortly and that'll really give that fun and challenge factor in karts a big boost IMO.

There's the problem. Prior to GT5, can you name any console racing game featuring Karts that was not a animated arcade racer?

Back