Senna content coming soon?

• Thread starter strela
  • 5,436 comments
First of all I said that Monza was ok because it hasn't changed that much aesthetically, but there are still differences.

If you think the version in game really looks like anything like that well then, it's not me with the vision issues and no, I'm not referring to the picture quality.

Brands Hatch on the other hand was very poor, it has all the modern buildings, nothing changed, not even the kerbs or run offs.

I'm really getting tired of this place, having to defend my opinion to the nth degree just because it's negative. I also do not appreciate being called stupid.

Well, for this time, I agree with you 100%

It probably has to do with some type the of constraints - production, time or whatever - but I am also pretty disappointed with look of the "80's tracks".

Back in GT4, we had different variations of Fuji and LeMans with proper surroundings, details, etc.

This is the first time in the series history that some real-life track made as "vintage variant" does not have proper details. I am really and honestly hoping how scenery will be updated, because it is really not the proper "real thing" like this.

And your opinion is never a problem, it is way of presenting and constant going into same discussions, over same things over and over again, only in different threads (and often in the same). You are one very stubborn man, I give you that ;) Also, it goes both ways, take into account that many are getting tired "of this place" from the opposing reason - how almost every discussion derails into cycle-jerking about issues and details everyone is aware already, but there is always special someone that have to come and start the derail over and over again. It is a two-side process, honestly. Constructive criticism is always welcomed, but constant negativity can be very intimidating for many. Strictly my opinion though

It probably has to do with some type the of constraints - production, time or whatever - but I am also pretty disappointed with look of the "80's tracks".

Back in GT4, we had different variations of Fuji and LeMans with proper surroundings, details, etc.

This is the first time in the series history that some real-life track made as "vintage variant" does not have proper details. I am really and honestly hoping how scenery will be updated, because it is really not the proper "real thing" like this.

Thank you.

And your opinion is never a problem, it is way of presenting and constant going into same discussions, over same things over and over again, only in different threads (and often in the same). You are one very stubborn man, I give you that ;) Also, it goes both ways, take into account that many are getting tired "of this place" from the opposing reason - how almost every discussion derails into cycle-jerking about issues and details everyone is aware already, but there is always special someone that have to come and start the derail over and over again. It is a two-side process, honestly. Constructive criticism is always welcomed, but constant negativity can be very intimidating for many. Strictly my opinion though

I get what you're saying but in this specific example I came into the thread, gave my opinion (however harsh) and then people went to town, as well as with anyone that agreed with me that the 80s tracks were disappointing. I wonder if they'll continue to do so now you've said you agreed. I doubt it, I know they do it because they see me as a 'whiner' or whatever.

I was going to say it's the use of inflammatory, emotionally charged and negatively connoted terms that border on personal slander that seems to rile people up. Along with dressing an opinion up in the natty get-up of an assertion, or failing to present real evidence. That works both ways, for all parties.

Instead of using the fora to lash out, everyone should try being more measured and considerate.

That is because when they scanned Fuji and Le Mans, it was at a time when the surroundings were there to scan.

Now, with Monza and Brands Hatch they are not.

I know why they used the RB car sounds for the F3 and F1... probably.

RB X2014 Standard: Turbocharged V6
Lotus 97T: Turbocharged V6

RB X2014 Junior: Inline 4
Ralt F3: Inline 4

I'm not saying the sounds are perfectly accurate or amazing, but I'm saying is that PD already had pretty good sounds for those engines, so using them made sense. There is room for improvement, as always.

The cockpit view in the lotus sounds pretty reminiscent of sounds from actual clips of roll hoop cams of the time. I haven't played in any other views. IMO, doesn't sound like the red bull. The F3 sounds like the junior for sure, though.

That is because when they scanned Fuji and Le Mans, it was at a time when the surroundings were there to scan.

I highly doubt the were scanning 80's and 90's Fuji, simply because those variants were long history before 2004 and first introduction of Fuji to the GT series.

Also, I am 100% convinced - although I do not have evidence to back up my opinion - how they produced Cote d' Azur track from the various 3rd-party assets (pictures, films, etc.) for the GT3 game in 100% of the content (wireframe, textures, etc.) - and the same model is still used in GT6.

I would love to witness that both Monza and Brands Hatch get updated scenery at some point, this way it is really just a "mockup".

I have no clue about what potato headphones people uses but the ralt and the junior are not the same when they get through my home teather system.

Also the way it downshifts is very different...

I have no clue about what potato headphones people uses but the ralt and the junior are not the same when they get through my home teather system.

I've only heard YouTube clips from a phone of the R3. But, I drove the 97t for two min this morning and I agree with you. And that was through my tv at super low volume. I can't wait to hear it through my stereo...and my headphones will probably be even better...

Well I've already reduced the camber, still this nasty under steer thing going on lol
I lowered mine, stiffened the suspension and put the brake balance rearwards and that made the car feel more comfortable for me. It's weakness seems to be the way it changes direction which is why I've been using the brakes to get the back end going.

I highly doubt the were scanning 80's and 90's Fuji, simply because those variants were long history before 2004 and first introduction of Fuji to the GT series.

Also, I am 100% convinced - although I do not have evidence to back up my opinion - how they produced Cote d' Azur track from the various 3rd-party assets (pictures, films, etc.) for the GT3 game in 100% of the content (wireframe, textures, etc.) - and the same model is still used in GT6.

I would love to witness that both Monza and Brands Hatch get updated scenery at some point, this way it is really just a "mockup".

They scanned Fuji before the rebuild into today's track started. That's why both tracks looked right for the period.

I get what you're saying but in this specific example I came into the thread, gave my opinion (however harsh) and then people went to town, as well as with anyone that agreed with me that the 80s tracks were disappointing. I wonder if they'll continue to do so now you've said you agreed. I doubt it, I know they do it because they see me as a 'whiner' or whatever.

In fairness my main issue is with people who highlight and exaggerate flaws in the Gran Turismo series whilst refusing to acknowledge anything positive, so not with you. Probably shouldn't have jumped on you like I did in hindsight.

Drive the Junior by short-shifting at 6 / 7 k.

The downshifting is only part of the control of the sound, although I would always argue that the control is as important as the sound itself.

What becomes tedious is the total over-running of a thread because of some crusade people from both sides can't back away from.
There's nothing wrong or weak with putting up an opinion and saying 'well here's what I think', and leave it at that.
Turning it into a multi-page saga doesn't help anyone.

In fairness my main issue is with people who highlight and exaggerate flaws in the Gran Turismo series whilst refusing to acknowledge anything positive, so not with you. Probably shouldn't have jumped on you like I did in hindsight.

Thank you. Let's move on. I shall start by reiterating that I do like the cars, when I have some time I'll probably take them to a few more tracks and see how they perform. The kart i'm not so interested in, but there is nothing wrong with it. Just a shame that for someone who doesn't play online the AI still limit the fun I can have with them.

What laptimes are people getting with the Lotus on other tracks?

I know why they used the RB car sounds for the F3 and F1... probably.

I'm not saying the sounds are perfectly accurate or amazing, but I'm saying is that PD already had pretty good sounds for those engines, so using them made sense. There is room for improvement, as always.

How can the RB sounds be accurate? How can the F3 & 97T be based on RB sounds? The RB cars don't exist other than in this game!

They would have used the F3 & 97T sounds as a base and modified them for the RB cars.

Dude let's put it this way: You don't like it? Bad for you, go sit in the corner. You like it ? Good for you, have fun dude :)

Yes, it's a small disappointment that the environments aren't be '80.

But I don't blame PoDi because they didn't have all the data (scan, photo, GPS, etc).

They had the same data to modify the corners and that went very well - it's not about lack of data in my opinion.

Hell - to modify the corners they needed even more detailed information than to recreate the surroundings.

How can the RB sounds be accurate? How can the F3 & 97T be based on RB sounds? The RB cars don't exist other than in this game!

They would have used the F3 & 97T sounds as a base and modified them for the RB cars.
It could be possible that they developed the sound for the F3 before they made the Junior and just pasted it to the Junior because it's a fictional car!

Back