Senna's content on brazilian car magazine

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by wowbaggerBR, May 27, 2014.

1. Samus

Samus

Pretty sure McLaren would be on the phone rather quickly. I have a feeling the reason those 'F1' cars from GT3 disappeared were because they were basically straight up copies of real cars with fake names and Formula 1 Management/Manufacturers were not impressed.

2. crowhop

crowhop

Yeah, the fakes from GT3 weren't an issue. What with PS2 graphics and less notoriety and all. But if they tried something like that today with 1080p looks and detail...it wouldn't end well.

Spektru likes this.
  3. Samus

Samus

I think they were an issue, the EU version of the game had all but one two removed, the one we still have now in GT5/6 and another one.

4. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Really? Thought the PAL version had them all, including an unlicensed Benetton that wasn't in the NTSC copies.

Tenacious D and Spektru like this.
  5. Samus

Samus

Nope, we had Polphony 001 and Polyphony 002.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

ProjectF and diegorborges like this.
  6. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Wait a minute, the 002 looks exactly like the F688/s:

[​IMG]

ProjectF and Spektru like this.
  7. Samus

Samus

Not exactly. I guess they were made to change them enough so that they didn't look exactly like real cars.

8. fagnerpc

fagnerpc

Reiza (a small brazilian dev.) did that last year in the 'Game Stock Car 2013'
    [​IMG]

Bonus:
    [​IMG]

diegorborges likes this.
  9. crowhop

crowhop

Anyone have a guess on the year the formula for the Formula Gran Turismo is based on?

10. crowhop

crowhop

That's awesome and it makes me want more open wheeled cars in GT, but PDI and Sony would never take that risk.

11. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

They may have done this prior to the Exclusive McLaren Deal (seeing as I remember seeing early footage of this way before the announcement with Simraceway). If not, its only a matter of time before they get caught.

12. crowhop

crowhop

This is exactly the type thing Project Cars is doing, no? Are all of the PCars cars licensed?

Tenacious D likes this.
  13. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

While I don't them recall having any McLaren F1 cars, they do have a majority of their cars licensed (including the Audi R18, which seemed to had taken the longest time). One car that comes to mind that's still unlicensed is the Asano X4 Touring (AKA, 2011 Audi A4 DTM).

Tenacious D likes this.
  14. Samus

Samus

They have three unlicensed F cars. With these 'fake' F cars they have to be different enough not to get into legal trouble. Those cars in the NTSC GT3 were obviously too close.

X4/A4 has now gone entirely unfortunately because of DTM related licence issues.

15. fagnerpc

fagnerpc

I don't know if they need that type of license to put a 'F1 clone' in the game, but you're probably right...

btw, Reiza had the same license from 'Instituto Ayrton Senna' which PD has right now - but with a (way) better selection of tracks related to Senna: with Classic Interlagos/ the modern layout/ the kart track and Jacarepaguá

Tenacious D likes this.
  16. BrandonW77

BrandonW77

I'll start holding my breath.........:scared:

Rafael F likes this.
  17. Dave Beerman

Dave Beerman

2004-2005 i suppose

18. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Given the game it first appeared in, I'm assuming its based on the 2004.

Would be nice if they made a new one (hopefully one that doesn't have a suggestive nose shape).

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  19. CinnamonOD

CinnamonOD

It looks 2004-ish with elements from previous years

karelpipa likes this.
  20. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

Uh... 2004?

21. Conquerer

Conquerer

The one we "still" have now, the pure fantasy Formula GT, is from GT4 and not GT3. All of the classic "fake" F1 cars from the NA version of GT3 were removed and replaced with the two modified versions in the EU version, and all models were effectively removed entirely in the jump from GT3 to GT4. I assume that's why they made the FGT to replace them.

And anyway, it looks like there are small differences on the 001 and 002 from their real life counterparts. The 002 is definitely still the MP4/4, although I can see they changed the front wing a bit (different endplates and the curvature of the back/top of the wing is similar to the MP4/6) and the rollbar is slightly different. The 001 looks to be the FW17 from 1995, albeit there might be some small differences as well (one being the nose posts that hold the front wing are much closer together). It looks a bit like they might have just pasted the newer bridge nose from the '95 model onto the F094/H but then again the FW16 and FW17 were very similar models anyway, other than that one new major change. And the 001 does have the lower/wider rear wing that was introduced in 1995 rather than the taller and narrower pre-95 wing that's on the F094.

Closest year would be 2004 but they didn't quite emulate the existing models. They share a similar general look and used some similar elements, like the aero winglet pieces on the sidepods, but the FGT was designed to be its own car. Particularly the front nose isn't quite like any F1 model we've ever seen and is instead more cylindrical rather than flat on the top like typical F1 cars from the period.

chzsln485 likes this.
  22. jscc48

jscc48

I noticed in the interface picture it says Formula Ford and Formula 3.

23. jscc48

jscc48

Senna vs Brundle Seasonal event would be awesome

Tenacious D and Dave Beerman like this.
  24. pay2021

pay2021

There are several models in GT3 NTSC, here is a vid

The models and their shape similar:

F086/M (1986 Lotus 98T)
    F687/S (1987 Lotus 99T)
    F088/S (1988 Mclaren MP4/4)
    F090/S (1990 Mclaren MP4/5B)
    F094/H (1994 Lotus 107C)
    F094/S (1994 Williams FW16)

In the PAL version the 001 is some kind of Footwork 1991 and 002 is a MP 4/4, or looks like.

ProjectF likes this.
  25. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Actually, the 001 is the Williams FW17B.

Also, pretty sure the F094/H is also the Williams FW16 as it has the exact same nose and rear wing. The Lotus 107C doesn't have that rear wing.

26. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

Yeah.

S = Senna
    M = Mansell
    H = Hill

27. SpeedyishOlly

SpeedyishOlly

H could also mean Häkkinen or Herbert :p But I agree it looks like the Williams since it has the Rothmans looking decal.

28. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

No. Neither of them drove Williams that year.

29. SpeedyishOlly

SpeedyishOlly

I meant because they drove the Lotus 107.

30. Devilb0y

Devilb0y

On a different note, any word on interlagos? Really hoping for this track.