Series CancelledFinished 

• Thread starter Brutaka
  • 213 comments

What Five tracks do you want to see in this series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Race results:
image.jpg

If someone pulls that last lap pit move again, I'm off. I feel cheated and robbed, and I don't want to race with people like that.

At which point would you consider a pit stop reasonable/not reasonable?

It hasn't helped the race distance was halved as at 40 laps I doubt it would have even been possible.

I completely understand your view, but people were not doing anything which was illegal, just executing what they thought would be the best strategy mathematically. Again, the last minute change did not help this.

At which point would you consider a pit stop reasonable/not reasonable?

It hasn't helped the race distance was halved as at 40 laps I doubt it would have even been possible.

I completely understand your view, but people were not doing anything which was illegal, just executing what they thought would be the best strategy mathematically. Again, the last minute change did not help this.
It was moreso my mistake for not iterating what i meant by a pitstop, i was hoping that everyone knew to not try and do a last lap stop. True, this wouldn't have happened if it was a full race, i'll make a custom pit window for every track.

I pit because I was starting to lose grip, usually what happens midway through. I wasn't illegal, I know, but it still feels unfair. Like Brutaka mentioned, a pit window would be optimal to avoid this type of strategy.

My thoughts on 'last lap pit stop' was pulling into the pits on the very last lap (i.e. lap 20) and crossing the line even before any pit work had been carried out (GT does not penalise you for this).

If I have misunderstood what this meant then I am truly sorry and it was never my intention to do anything which may be considered unsportsmanlike.

My thoughts on 'last lap pit stop' was pulling into the pits on the very last lap (i.e. lap 20) and crossing the line even before any pit work had been carried out (GT does not penalise you for this).

If I have misunderstood what this meant then I am truly sorry and it was never my intention to do anything which may be considered unsportsmanlike.
It's an understandable mistake, neither of you will be penalized

I'm going to be retiring from this series as I don't have the motivation to do it anymore.

It's an understandable mistake, neither of you will be penalized
Where to begin on this one?
Mat, I understand you feel cheated, but frankly you cheated yourself, you had the choice of running worn tyres, you chose not to.
Comfort yourself with the thought that you were the fastest driver.
Brutaka, you amaze me!
I checked the pit stop requirements with you in the room before the race to ensure that there were no misunderstandings, you have neglected to include this information in your posts?
Armed with your confirmation that this was a one stop race, I raced accordingly.
If you now want to start messing about by adding more complication because a sixteen year old youth was disappointed because he did not think his strategy through, then this is not the room for me. I want to race, which is what I did and it was great fun following Mat finding out where each cars strengths and weaknesses were, my car had the speed but his handing over the first section up to the bridge left me for dead. Then his heavier car became looser because of how he was driving it and he chose to pit, nobody told him that he had to!
Adopting the logic from your posts if the TVR is easier on tyres and you now need to take away this advantage, then to be fair you also need to add weight to the TVR to slow it down too. But, also if as I identified the Chev handles better you need to add ballast to take away this advantage too which will also exacerbate its tyre wear. I think you can see where I am going with this, all cars have strengths and weaknesses and the only way you can equalise this is by making everybody use the same car, in which case I probably would not be racing in this series.
As it is Brutaka because of your unfortunate problems that reduced the race to half distance I now have to endure immature outspoken individuals a quarter of my age saying "I dont want to race with people like that." about me, that is in not so many words calling me a cheat! Reality probably is "I dont want to race with people that take the time to check the rules and plan their races, when I didnt." I understand his disappointment but he incorrectly made assumptions which you are now giving credence to.
I need to be very clear in reply to your post, THERE WAS NO MISTAKE I raced exactly to my race strategy based upon clarification from yourself regarding the shortened race.

I apologize @d3spy and @imagrizzlybear, the word "mistake" was a wrong word to use, i didn't mean it like that. I'm not mad at anyone, it was entirely my fault for last evenings race. I should have restated my pitting idea but i neglected to remember to adjust the rules due to the half race.

Just to remind @Brutaka I can't make today's race as I have said all along.

I sincerely wish everyone a happy race today and hope there is a better turnout than race one. I'm sure @AlvaroF said he would be racing from race two onwards so hopefully it will be onwards and upwards for the tour.

All the best guys.

I can't connect... It says that I got disconnencted from the lobby all the time.

Why all the bad things occour when is race day? :(

Back