Series X - Series Champion outlaw4rc!

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 624 comments
grazbro / sailworksman needs to register with timing and scoring
looks like we got everyone else.

GR everyone. Sucks about the internet connection problems for decho and scanny. :/
But we didn't have any disconnects... so that's good.

It's ok, pull me from the series. No worries. Have fun!

Last edited:
Boy, I really worked for that 2nd place today.

On both starts, I did what I could to get away, even though my Lambo lacked top end speed. While I kept the top spot, the only way I could hold it was running each lap as it was qualifying. It actually was working well, until around the fifth lap exiting Blanchimont. I attacked it like I did the other four times, except the moment my right rear touched the curbing, it wanted to send me into a 360. Somehow, the worst that happened was that I hit the inside wall relatively flat, but that got me some damage, and I lost three spots in the process. Unfortunately, Brock used that moment to pass wge, and that pretty much ended any hopes for 1st.

Therefore, I focused on getting 2nd, which meant I had to get ahead of wge's red Corvette. I went in for service at the end of Lap 9, and lo and behold, I flew by him the next time around. Because of the crash, I was being more tentative, which meant I didn't get all the speed out of the lighter Lambo, only getting high 28s. Wge crept closer every lap, before stalling at the edge of my draft for who knows how long. I thought I had enough car to keep it that way, but with two to go, the yellow bus really got drifty at Rivage and stayed that way. By the time I exited La Source for the last time, the Vette was right behind me, which meant a possible drag race to Les Combes. Sure enough, we ended up side-by-side, and it was a matter of who was going to brake first. Nine out of ten, I always lose that battle, but I believe we both did at the same time. I had the inside, but boy, the Lambo was doing everything in its power to make me crash, so I worked that wheel to keep it on the track through the complex, unintentionally holding up wge. He gave me the room, and I regained composure heading into Rivage. Like I expected, I was better than him through Sector 2, which gave me a gap, but I almost gave it away at Blanchimont. Taking a defensive line, I held 2nd, thanks to that tall 1st gear.

Could I have won today without the crash? 99% no. I needed to use the GT or the Italia today for that.

It almost seemed like you had compatibility issues with carracer. Weird.

Wasn't a great race for me, but a good race overall, great field, car and driver-wise.
Looking forward to Laguna next Sunday. :)

Will update standings tomorrow morning.

Points/Standings mostly updated, just one left.

I'll bring this up quickly, in case there's uncertainty with any other drivers, this:

is not allowed by any means.

If you accidentally run wide, just lift off and get back on track, you don't have to lift for "xxx" seconds, but do what's required to simply get back on track immediately and make it slow you down some, that is all.

I will make an example of a minimal lift/line correction that rectifies an accidental cut or run wide asap.

Last edited:
Anyone going to put up race clips? I looked up my crash (realized that touching even an iota of grass exiting Blanchimont will put you in the wall), and noticed good battles everywhere. :)

BTW, I added some lap times for Nurb G on the practice board. All I can say is that I'm going to have a hard time picking a car. I believe I can get more speed from all of them.

Yeah by the way, Spa and Monza were both much easier to choose cars for than any of the remaining races. Now is where the real mix begins. :)

So much so, if I'm brutally honest I don't know it matters which order you use them in.

Since I'm suddenly free for the time-slot, I will join you, if that's ok. (Registered)

I'm probably hopelessly behind on testing and I don't have that much time to catch up, but I'll proudly make up the rear!

Sounds good Snow. Good to see you again 👍

outlaw4rc
BTW, I added some lap times for Nurb G on the practice board. All I can say is that I'm going to have a hard time picking a car. I believe I can get more speed from all of them.
My preseason test times were almost identical to yours at Nurb GP/D. Iirc mine were Murcielago/458/SLS @ 33.8, ACR/GT @ 33.9, ZR1/LFA @ 34.1.

Laguna, (this week's track) Iirc were all 32's but I'm not 100%. I'll be making a room shortly if anyone's around and wants to join. Will post number.

CSLACR

My preseason test times were almost identical to yours at Nurb GP/D. Iirc mine were Murcielago/458/SLS @ 33.8, ACR/GT @ 33.9, ZR1/LFA @ 34.1.

Laguna, (this week's track) Iirc were all 32's but I'm not 100%. I'll be making a room shortly if anyone's around and wants to join. Will post number.

I already chose the Viper for Laguna, which means everyone else will. :lol:

Not sure if I can replicate that 29.9, though. That lap was the only one where I didn't botch the corkscrew.

Tempted to use the SLS for Nurb although tire wear may be a problem.

You better hope not... rich has 1:29 on the practice board. ;)

I already chose the Viper for Laguna, which means everyone else will. :lol:

Everyone else will because of the gear box. :P
Obvious track for the Viper is obvious.

Man I hope, I can't get into the 29s. After an hour I was around 30.6 to 31.3 in the viper and SLS. I could only hit a mid 30 once.

Not sure if I can replicate that 29.9, though. That lap was the only one where I didn't botch the corkscrew.
Again I hope that's true :lol:.

Dr_Watson
Everyone else will because of the gear box. :P
Obvious track for the Viper is obvious.
Not quite. Nurb G would require maybe 3 seconds at most for the Viper's 5th gear.

I did a lot of testing on different compounds, so I'll go on a limb and suggest it was SH's then. :)

The time lost in the Viper's 5th gear down a straight for a couple seconds is less than I can calculate, but my estimates are in the .025 - .050 second range. Even more so if you run a full mileage ACR.
Even at Spa the amount it lost from 162-braking was less than .100. Because whether you're going 165 or 168 for 4 seconds just isn't a big deal. (The notable exception is passing difficulty)

Not quite. Nurb G would require maybe 3 seconds at most for the Viper's 5th gear.

But LS won't use it at all; which is the desired behavior. 4th tops at 162, which is pretty perfect.
And well... the ACR was made for that track so obvious viper track is obvious. :D

But that doesn't mean it can't do better somewhere else, as I mentioned to Rich last week about the Murcielago. ;)

I'm not saying the Viper's not great at Laguna, but there are no cut and dry car choices left. :)

Dr_Watson
But LS won't use it at all; which is the desired behavior. 4th tops at 162, which is pretty perfect.
And well... the ACR was made for that track so obvious viper track is obvious. :D
You keep that up and the only ones not driving a Viper will be the ones that used it for Spa. :P

CSLACR
But that doesn't mean it can't do better somewhere else, as I mentioned to Rich last week about the Murcielago. ;)
The important thing is that I got the best result I could've given Brock decided to use the GT. :)

I was about to jump into the ACR for more practice today after yesterday night and noticed the update changed its PP from 572 to 568. But I guess if all the cars' PPs were changed the same everything should stay equal right?

Or so I'd hope :D

Beat me to the punch Ed. :)

Effective immediately the Dodge Viper ACR is limited to 566PP.

All others are unaffected. 👍

Are all the cars good at their new PP levels except for the ACR, which is why you have the new value there?

The update changed some cars, and not others. From what I can tell so far, random cars, particularly torquey ones now have less PP. For example a full aero stock Castrol Supra went from 615PP down to 592PP. :crazy:

So only the ACR was changed out of this group of cars.
I've come to the conclusion since spec creation that full mileage+oil change is probably the fastest spec for the ACR, sitting at 568HP @ 572PP vs the 0.0 mile 572@ 572. 2.10 changed mine with mileage to 571HP (up 3) @ 566PP.
So it's a very small effective increase in the ACR's top 1,000 RPMs. Or I imagine you could run about 576HP on a 0.0 mile car.

The update changed some cars, and not others. From what I can tell so far, random cars, particularly torquey ones now have less PP. For example a full aero stock Castrol Supra went from 615PP down to 592PP. :crazy:

So only the ACR was changed out of this group of cars.
I've come to the conclusion since spec creation that full mileage+oil change is probably the fastest spec for the ACR, sitting at 568HP @ 572PP vs the 0.0 mile 572@ 572. 2.10 changed mine with mileage to 571HP (up 3) @ 566PP.
So it's a very small effective increase in the ACR's top 1,000 RPMs. Or I imagine you could run about 576HP on a 0.0 mile car.
575 HP @ 93.1% with zero mileage. Doing some quick laps to see if there's any change in times.

EDIT:
Nope. No real change. Ran a 29.95 and a 30 flat with the ACR.

Last edited:
Back