Server down?

• Thread starter suprajef
  • 94 comments
@Zenmervolt, I hear ya. I'm on the east coast, but I can appreciate the bad timing for PDT folks. I think this comes down more to normal work hours in Japan than it does convenience of the American users.

Even then, there should be servers in each major geographical area to avoid this sort of thing. Yes, it results in some folks working outside of normal hours, but that's how life works in IT. And in other fields. When I have clients on the East Coast who need a meeting at 8 am their time I don't get to say "sorry, that's not during my normal business day in Seattle." Instead, I deal with it because it comes with the job and sometimes the job I have means getting up at 3:30 am so I can be in the office at 4:30 am to make sure everything is in place and ready when the teleconference with my client starts at 5 am my time.

Similarly, PD, when setting up a global game like this, needs to have regional servers so that each area can go offline at a point where it's not likely to disrupt the users there. At a bare minimum, if regional servers aren't possible, the maintenance times need to be staggered so that one region isn't always getting hit at an inconvenient time.

It's poor planning on the part of PD and shows very little, if any, concern about the user base.

I like the game a lot so far, but PD are really bungling this always online thing so far.

And now when I hit "Reconnect" it tells me that I must be connected to the server to proceed. I bloody well know I'm not connected to the bloody server, that's why I'm hitting the bloody reconnect button! Is PD trying to say that I have to be connected to the server before I can connect to the server?

Way to make a complete dog's breakfast out of this so far.

do we risk breaking out thrustmasters (I have t300 gt) if we continue to use the FFB at this points? (I dont know if it feels normal for me, feels like Assetto Corsa When running Nurburgring, with the wheel stand shaking a little bits)

PS I have ffb at 7 / 7.

Just saved and it reconnected for me
edit: saved in game
It's still down for me and I'd rather not turn off and turn back on the game because then I lose 3 hours of gameplay.
Whoever cane up with always online gaming needs to come up with a way to keep games always online. That just makes logical sense...

Last edited:
It's still down for me and I'd rather not turn off and turn back on t game because then I lose 3 hours of gameplay.
Whoever cane up with always online gaming needs to come up with a way to keep games always online. That just makes logical sense...
Just to be clear I did not exit the game.
I had a couple of hours of Arcade that saved. All good.
Hope this helps:gtpflag:

I've just tried getting on. I've been away at work all week and looking forward to playing. My wife set the update to install, which was fine, but now I'm getting this screen. I've checked internet connection and it shows connect (18mbps download, 1.5mbps upload). I've tried rebooting the PlayStation. What's the reason for this?

Put it on anyway, it seems to be working

Attachments

• IMG_20171021_104828.jpg
    IMG_20171021_104828.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited by a moderator:
It's still down for me and I'd rather not turn off and turn back on the game because then I lose 3 hours of gameplay.

Likewise. I stayed up until 1:30a and it was still down in California. Woke up at 6:30a. Still down.

It would be nice if the game could at least save... Surely they can use a different server to manage the saves vs the racing?

And the lack of local save cache will mean one day all of us will lose out progress due to some unresolved hardware issue on the PD side - and their only solution will be to restore from some backup which will end up being corrupt.

We cannot even have a client side backup or a PS+ hosted backup, as these files will always be subject to PD server side sync priority.

This is a very flawed and unbelievably stupid system to adopt in the modern computing era.

Absolute rubbish. If I have made milage progress toward 'daily workout' or whatever, in arcade mode, then find that the server is down, if I shutdown the game do I lose that progress?
Yes.

Can anyone in California confirm if the servers are back up? Also, did you have to restart the game or were you able to hit reconnect in game? I left my PS4 on all night so I could try to reconnect in the morning...

I had to reset my PS4 to reconnect to the server. Sure enough, several hours of progress from last night were lost including my first online win in Sport mode! Not cool!

There is a maintenance period from “05:00 - 07:00 UCT”.
Assuming that is PM time and not AM:

Seems UCT is the same as Greenwich time but it doesn’t use daylight saving time. So I guess it’s still 1h behind of Greenwich then, which on its turn is 1h behind CET.

So I guess for Europe (CET) from 19h-21h servers will be down? (which is in about 2 hours at the time of this post)

Seems UCT is the same as Greenwich time but it doesn’t use daylight saving time. So I guess it’s still 1h behind of Greenwich then
Greenwich time doesn't use daylight saving time either. That's literally the point of it.

The time in the UK is always either Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) or British Summer Time (BST), which is GMT with a one hour daylight saving, or GMT+1. GMT itself doesn't change.

Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) is always the same as GMT, plus or minus a few fractions of a second.

I keep getting disconnected from the server even though my internet is stable. Anyone else with this problem atm?

Don't see what the issue is, this is usually the case when online-based games launch.

Yes, maintenances are expected. I'm talking about connecting to the servers and as soon as I go to sport mode, gt menu, brand central and leave, I'm disconnected.

In sport mode I can't see my Q times or join races.

Weird. I keep connecting and disconnecting.

Back