Server maintenance??

• Thread starter AMH_
  • 517 comments
Still not up here and I was creating a serious livery when it went down. Suspended the game overnight too, what a joke.

Edit - Phew, reset the game and it all came up, livery was still unchanged too!

Attachments

• PS_Messages_20171019_091220.jpg
    PS_Messages_20171019_091220.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
i so hope they are running around like on fire in their offices "omg theres 5 million players saving 12 million times a second, we have to implement some sort of new technology called 'offline saving for offline content' "

i mean why not save progress to unlock and liveries etc. on the console and share them normally at will and save the sport mode progress grades on the cloud. it doesn't make any sense, it doesn't matter if someone could hack their level to 20 and unlock all cars, because thats what you can reach after a few days anyways... it has to be something about user data analysis value, perfect human failure or the illuminati. just mind blowing!
Fingers crossed!

It said mine was unable to save a livery last night after confirming save in menus then I couldn't connect to check. I had to switch it off (don't want to leave all on when not at home).

I am still unsure if it saved somewhere. I really hope they sort the save or access content 'online only' option out soon. :nervous:

Edit: I will check tonight when home for update.

Strange thing but in a good way last night.

It wouldn't save due to the servers being offline... we all know that now. I tried the changing the cars trick... nope. BUT, I did a manual save and it worked!!! Twice. I was doing the missions when it went into maintenance mode, cleared the fifth line of 8 and won a car. The manual saves worked because I tuned off my PS4 and still have the progress and the car...

Cheers

Strange thing but in a good way last night.

It wouldn't save due to the servers being offline... we all know that now. I tried the changing the cars trick... nope. BUT, I did a manual save and it worked!!! Twice. I was doing the missions when it went into maintenance mode, cleared the fifth line of 8 and won a car. The manual saves worked because I tuned off my PS4 and still have the progress and the car...

Cheers

I did press manual save at bottom of menus. So hopefully it will all be there when I switch it on later 👍

I did press manual save at bottom of menus. So hopefully it will all be there when I switch it on later 👍

The caveat I forgot to mention was that it did say the save was successful. It just caught me strange as it was during the maintenance period. Hope it worked for you as well though!

Cheers

Any news on this?? Does it work now? I was not able to save my progress last night or this morning manually and I had to leave it on while at work.

if you switch cars in your garage it sometimes does a save,............ even when you have problems connecting to the network,..
(in the rightcorner it will say online save!)

WTF its down again :( i just want to have some fun, not this... my wife went for her parents to let me smoke some tyres in GT but its not possible this generation. **** the new game as a service crap. worst GT ever, gt psp was a far better experience because of this. this is just frustrating, I'm so close to sell my online station and just play some mario kart on switch with the kids, somehow nintendo still knows what games are... I'm just angry at this point.

why I'm pissed like this: i made some livery with uber attention to detail and now it said "error. can't save livery" AFTER uploading and telling me it saved. i went to menus to find out ITS not there!!!! shame on you kaz.

Servers down here as well, straight in the middle of European prime time (19h45).

One would expect if a game requires a constant internet connection that the very least they can do on the server side is to make sure they are up and running. Now I do understand the game is just out and a couple of hiccups are understandable. But this should be fixed in the near future or it might get ugly.

WTF its down again :( i just want to have some fun, not this... my wife went for her parents to let me smoke some tyres in GT but its not possible this generation. **** the new game as a service crap. worst GT ever, gt psp was a far better experience because of this. this is just frustrating, I'm so close to sell my online station and just play some mario kart on switch with the kids, somehow nintendo still knows what games are... I'm just angry at this point.

why I'm pissed like this: i made some livery with uber attention to detail and now it said "error. can't save livery" AFTER uploading and telling me it saved. i went to menus to find out ITS not there!!!! shame on you kaz.

Sittin in the same boat. 4+ hrs on a livery this morn and im just sitting here finished waiting to be able to save. Its a real joke and getting old fast. This is a daily event. I understand there may be some kinks to smooth out so Im hanging in there but boy do I miss the days of a game working day 1.

Yeah this is a little bit frustrating. Game went offline last night (at GMT time). I had unsaved progress, so I put the PS4 straight to rest mode when I went to sleep, and just turned it back on now after work, and what do you know, still offline and I can't save.

Wanna do some racing! :(

Servers down here as well, straight in the middle of European prime time (19h45).

One would expect if a game requires a constant internet connection that the very least they can do on the server side is to make sure they are up and running. Now I do understand the game is just out and a couple of hiccups are understandable. But this should be fixed in the near future or it might get ugly.

Completely agree. An internet connection based game is missing the key component - the internet component!!

I used three days of vacation time to take and play this game during the day while the wife and kids are at work. What a terrible decision that was.

Back