Server maintenance!

• Thread starter alex511
  • 9 comments
Unless GT Sport gets something for the GT 25th Anniversary I don't know what this will be for. I wouldn't think that the online servers would be shut down this quick.

Was just about to post this. Its interesting that not only is this even happening, but its happening on the same day as the GT7 update.

Might it be preparing for fully offline play, so when the servers end, it’s not limited to arcade and some missions?
Feel like it would be an actual update for that to happen and not a simple server maintenance period (which even more begs the question of why they've planned this on the exact same day as the GT7 update)

Was just about to post this. Its interesting that not only is this even happening, but its happening on the same day as the GT7 update.
Feel like it would be an actual update for that to happen and not a simple server maintenance period (which even more begs the question of why they've planned this on the exact same day as the GT7 update)
The GT7 update is Thursday December 15 with maintenance from 0600-0800 UTC. This is Friday December 16, from 0500-0600 UTC. They're not the same day.

Oh, that’s true, I assumed it was an update because of maintenance, forgot that the two don’t always come together.

A post on the GT Sport section of the GT website from 2017 says they perform maintenance every Wednesday, is that still the case? If so, I wonder why there’s a dedicated post on the GT site for this? In any case, I’m curious to find out.

Last edited:
The GT7 update is Thursday December 15 with maintenance from 0600-0800 UTC. This is Friday December 16, from 0500-0600 UTC. They're not the same day.
I must've have misread things then.

Gran_TurismoSPORT_20221214012636.png

Last edited:
I must've have misread things then.
Yes, it shows the UTC time as 0500-0600 on Friday December 16 - while GT7's maintenance/update is 0600-0800 UTC on Thursday December 15.

The PST time shown on December 15 is also 23 hours after the PST time for the GT7 update at 2200 on December 14:
1671067293683.png

Last edited:
Back