SFGTP2 - Los Dos!

very much appreciated! :dopey: lol, don't forget the RUF "YellowBird" for Ray!!!

Hehehehe! :-)

Sport Mediums/Nuerburgring 👍

EDIT:

Wow! I see that BOTH "Touring Mars" AND "jump_ace" are coming down for SFGTP: Los Dos!
This is going to be great!

Hey, my Mom just scored a snazzy digital camera with video capability and lots of memory. I bet it would be cool to record 'replays' with everybody watching and laughing at funny mistakes and such. Or video of the 'award ceremonies.' I could bring my laptop and post updates and cool stuff. How's that sound?

I bet it would be cool to record 'replays' with everybody watching and laughing at funny mistakes and such. Or video of the 'award ceremonies.' I could bring my laptop and post updates and cool stuff. How's that sound?

Sounds great. And, like we joked about at SFGTP1, Nick as a commentator would be awesome(with one of us americans spouting some trash-fact every once in a while as filler).

Ok guys, most likely I'll be able to come as long as school isn't too bad and I get work off.

I'll be able to bring a...

Fat PS2 w/a network adapter ( provided it works :lol: ) or I'll probably be able to borrow my friends slim ps2.

and this screen! :D

dscn0096qs2.jpg

Bring the fan for realism.

By the way, I have an extra pair of headphones (pretty decent) with a switch that'll let you hear what's around you when it's off.

Wow, that sentence was poorly worded.

Hmmm...I've got some vacation days to burn..... ;)

I haven't played GT4 in six months. Methinks I'd be backfield fodder. I'm also scared of Martians.

Hmmm...I've got some vacation days to burn..... ;)

I haven't played GT4 in six months. Methinks I'd be backfield fodder. I'm also scared of Martians.

Come on down! Backfield fodder? No chance, not the way we race. :)
Have a read through SFGTP1 Results & Photos Thread Day 1's results are down at the moment, but as you'll see from Day 2, each and every driver has a race victory to their name. 👍

Don't worry about the Martian! Scottish Martians are known to be much more placid, and less scary than regular ones!!! :P Although we can all be scared of his driving abilities! :scared:

It's very cool!

'68 Mustang Fastback, the only year of MkII Mustang to consider, with Mr. Cool at the wheel.

Of course, this is so utterly cool, UKGTP8 is just going to have to strike back!

Hmmmmm... can't abide these colonial upstarts with their fancy 'photographic manipulation'... mutter... mutter... humbug... harumph... :D

It's very cool!

'68 Mustang Fastback, the only year of MkII Mustang to consider, with Mr. Cool at the wheel.

Of course, this is so utterly cool, UKGTP8 is just going to have to strike back!

Hmmmmm... can't abide these colonial upstarts with their fancy 'photographic manipulation'... mutter... mutter... humbug... harumph... :D

So it'll be a Banbury themed logo for UKGTP8 then?!!!
Look forward to seeing the fine lady and her white horse!!!! :P

I love the expression "Mr. Cool" is wearing here and where his gaze is directed!
It's like he's thinking "Which fool vandalised my damned Mustang with that SFGTP2 logo!"
:lol:

You can put me in the "maybe" pile. I fear commitment.

Me too.

Even if I do come, the only thing that I can bring that is GT-related is A GT4 disc and my new TV

Although, I have had thoughts of hosting my own GT4 LAN but never had the planning to do so, Dont think its going to happen any time soon.

Me too.

Even if I do come, the only thing that I can bring that is GT-related is A GT4 disc and my new TV.

Although, I have had thoughts of hosting my own GT4 LAN but never had the planning to do so, Dont think its going to happen any time soon.

Flakey "maybes" are what make it difficult to plan these things! ;)
It's tricky to plan long enough series or short enough series depending on the number of folks! Especially if you plan for not many, then lots turn up!
Also makes food plans difficult too! I'm thinking of having a pre-arranged Public Market break on both days this time round though!

The TV is one thing we seem to be short of, so that'd be great! :D

If you've never raced a LAN event before, hosting one of your own will be a nightmare, as you'd soon discover! :eek: Come along to one that's already experienced and organised and work on your own from there! :)

I'm thinking of having a pre-arranged Public Market break on both days this time round though!

Good idea. I'm probably going to be going there more now that I'm going to Ex'pression.

Going count: 3

You can tell Smallhorses is enthusiastic. Every sentence had a exclamation point!

Okay, I'm going to stop analyzing posts now.

Another thing: Mr. Cool is watching the fender, but who's watching him... ? :D

Flakey "maybes" are what make it difficult to plan these things! ;)
You still have over two months! If it helps, I'm leaning towards yes :).
Smallhorses
The TV is one thing we seem to be short of, so that'd be great! :D
How many do you need? I wouldn't be much help in that department, as I've only got the 50" Samsung (won't fit in car) and the 27" Sony (weighs 10 metric tons).

You still have over two months! If it helps, I'm leaning towards yes :).

How many do you need? I wouldn't be much help in that department, as I've only got the 50" Samsung (won't fit in car) and the 27" Sony (weighs 10 metric tons).

Get a U-Haul! :dopey: juana b.'s TV was about as heavy as that (I'm actually surprised the table it was on didn't collapse. :P)

myself
By the way, I have an extra pair of headphones (pretty decent) with a switch that'll let you hear what's around you when it's off.

This offer is still good so if anybody needs headphones, let me know. The general rule allows one TV with volume (at least last time it was.)

Another thing: Mr. Cool is watching the fender, but who's watching him... ? :D

I know, :sly: but I'm gonna let the others figure it out! ;)
Damn! Another sentence with an exclamation mark!
And another! Ok, stop it now. :lol:

If DWA & opendriver19a come with TVs from locally, then I wouldn't worry about bringing a TV all the way from Washington Kylehnat. I can supply 2 extras, in addition to the one I usually use, although one is a little 14" Portable. Will be Ok if we manage to get 5 or 6 complete (meaning with DFP) stations setup because then we'd have the option of switching around each race so that everyone would get a turn at driving in miniature! :lol:

Two months is fine, but I need 2 weeks of race planning time, and I'm going to be on vacation in England again for at least 2 weeks of the intervening time! Then there's the prizes and stuff to organise and so on.... Well, being as the results thread for SFGTP1 is finally sorted in all it's technicolour glory and all my work paperwork is out of the way again temporarily, I should go and get started!!!! 👍

SH, you know you want to use the Bravia with the component cables...

Oh, by the way, maybe you should update the equipment list. Unless we plan on using one PS2.

Okay so I am unable to find any thing that can connect my ps2 to my vga/dvi monitor, should I still bring it? I will if anyone knows what I need to get it to work. Otherwise I can still bring my wheel if needed, my networked ps2, memory cards, 2 ds2 controllers, coaxial and rca cables. Will my ps2 have a tv to go with it? My fiance is coming too! :D She will mostly hang out with her sister at UC Berkeley, but will stop by to say hi and watch here and there, do u have room for one more in your car/home Nick? Can't wait 'til October!

EDIT - I just ordered a vga adapter box that will allow me to use my rca cables from my ps2 to a vga output and have an audio output to some basic speakers where I can then use my lil' headphones when I race :). I'll try it all out when I get it, likely next week sometime.

Jerome

Sweet! That's good news jump_ace!
Will be happy to collect you both from the airport, although it'll mean that I'll be coming in the Dodge, rather than the Porsche now!!! :(
UC Berkeley campus is no more than 4 miles from our front door so your missus should be all set for going back & to her sister's place.

@ ceiling_fan, definitely bring the component cables, the Bravia looked great using them!! Hopefully we'll have enough kit & wheels to be able to switch around a bit this time, so everyone will get to have a go!

Will get around to updating equipment list some other time! Going to get busy claiming my full 200 A-spec points at Sarthe I 24hrs now..... well, now & over the next week or 2! :P Want to get that one out of the way before I begin the testing marathon I'm going to do to prepare some SFGTP2 events!

Component cables will come. Unless I get a 106" Panasonic, which doesn't seem likely at the moment. :P

So basically you're from the UK and you own an American, Japanese, and a German car?

there's a lotus dealership in SF...

Reminds me of when I said I hated the Seoul track and the ProtoMotors car, that maybe I was a closet racist. :lol:

Oh, about my post regarding who's watching Mr. Cool, I can't hold it in any longer!

Looked for Loti, locally but none in requisite price range, and since the logic behind buying Porsche was to find something with a different drivetrain than the Miata, a Lotus would've been a good option. I did, however, rule out Porsche Boxter, Toyota MRSpyder and Lotus Elise on the basis that they're also 2-seater convertibles, and I've already got one of them!!!
Looked around for cheap NSX or Esprit, but there's no such thing yet!!!
Lambos & Ferraris are just silly money. :scared:

On an SFGTP2 related note though, I have PM'd again the drivers who're currently active in WRS, that're also local to here. There's 3 of them within 60 mile radius of here, but as yet none of them has posted in here. :indiff:
There's plenty of time yet! :)

Back