SFGTP2 - Los Dos!

Smallhorses

Staff Emeritus
SFGTP2 - "Los Dos"! :P

The Official SFGTP2 logo from ceiling_fan's design studios! 👍​

The Time: 27th-28th October 2007

The Place: The Smallhorseses Garage, Emeryville, CA.

sfgtp2map1ka2.jpg

sfgtp2mapev5.jpg

Since UKGTP VIII (The Ocho) is taking place during this weekend too, I thought it'd be a good idea to run our 2nd party concurrently. With a little collaborative effort between Venari, Famine & myself, we'll hopefully get to run a few of the same events as well!

What we now need are some folks to attend & some equipment to play with!
Let me know if you can make it, and what you can bring!

Participants:
Smallhorses
ceiling_fan
alrivers
juana b.
Touring Mars
jump_ace
Kylehnat
DaveS1138
V1P3R

Maybes:
opendriver19a
Blackbird.
Digital-Nitrate
The Cheef
Danoff
Strop

Moral Support:
itgirlxx
The future Mrs. jump_ace?

Equipment (so far):
9 x TVs (Smallhorses x 3 (although 1 is 14" CRT! :yuck:); ceiling_fan; juana b.; DWA(?); jump_ace; Kylehnat; alrivers)
8 x GT4 disks (Smallhorses x 2; ceiling_fan; alrivers; juana b.; jump_ace; Kylehnat; DaveS1138)
8 x PS2 (Smallhorses; ceiling_fan; alrivers; juana b.; jump_ace; DWA(?); Kylehnat; DaveS1138)
9 x Mem Cards (Smallhorses x 2; ceiling_fan; alrivers; juana b. x 2; jump_ace; Kylehnat; DaveS1138)
5 x DFP (Smallhorses; juana b.; jump_ace; Kylehnat; DaveS1138)
9 x DS2 (Smallhorses x 2; ceiling_fan x 2; alrivers x 2; juana b.; jump_ace x 2)
4 x Headphones (Smallhorses x 2; ceiling_fan; Kylehnat)
(Highly recommend bringing your own headphones!!!)
2 x Network Switches (Smallhorses x 2)
Lots of Ethernet cables (Smallhorses)
5 x 6-way power strips (Smallhorses x 2; juana b.; ceiling_fan x 2)
2 x big trestle tables (juana b. x 2 👍)
1 x table (alrivers)

Let's go Dosser's! Oh, wait. That doesn't sound good!!! :dopey:

Yeah, I assume we dont have a date? I havent played GT4 in ages still. Could we bring laptops and play LFS too? I might actually come to this one:)

Also Have a DFP too, Colecting dust and maybe used a dozen times

The Time: 27th-28th October 2007

That's the date. It's set specifically to coincide with UKGTP8 - The Ocho!
It's a GT4 LAN event, so there's little point bringing anything else! Start practising!!! :P
We had GTHD and PS3, and XBOX360 with Guitar Hero at previous UKGTPs, and they never got a look-in.

Okay I can bring:

1x Myself
1x Awesome Pink Chair
1x PS2 Slim
1x Monitor
2x DS2's
1x GT4
1x Camera (evidence)
1x Set Of Component Cables I won't be using!!
1x A lot more skill!! :dopey:
1x U-Haul to sneakily take the Porsche while SH is showing off his awesome microwave :dopey:

Unfortunately I won't be able to bring my scraggly beard this time. Damn, that thing's ugly.

:indiff: Hmm don't think I can go then if it's in October. I thought it was going to be next year.

My parents anniversary is that week and they might...might do something on the weekend. I'll ask for work off anyway. Man, that was a short wait. :dopey:

:indiff: Hmm don't think I can go then if it's in October. I thought it was going to be next year.

I've got the LAN bug now, and being a late starter in the whole organisation thing, it seems logical to pack as many in as possible before we all get seduced by PS3s and GT5 Prologue, which should offer online racing, but takes the fun out of abusing your fellow participants when they're in the same room! :lol:

DWA
My parents anniversary is that week and they might...might do something on the weekend. I'll ask for work off anyway. Man, that was a short wait. :dopey:

July ---> October isn't that short a time!!!
I'm impatient when it comes to sensible races, and things I'm committed to!! How'd you think I suddenly wound up with that blue Porsche in the garage, that I had no intention of buying this time last week!!! :ouch:

Unfortunately I won't be able to bring my scraggly beard this time. Damn, that thing's ugly.

Just be glad your beard, scraggly or otherwise, at least matches your haircolour! Whenever I grow a beard it looks as though I've stolen it from Hamish McTavish or other stereotypically redheaded Scot! I have no idea why I grow a ginger beard!!! :boggled:

DWA
Tell me about it... CoD4 and the FM2 DLCs are killing me. :banghead:

Oh and now MSG4 too.

I have no idea what all your TLAs mean! :confused:

Man, Smallhorses, I think I've driven within a mile of your house when I was in CA a few years ago touring the area. I loved SF, it's a cool town. I nearly wet myself when I saw the '365' sign that is famous from Bullitt. I was driving an orange hire Mustang at the time, though. :)

Hope you get a good team of peeps to play-off against us here in Blighty. I feel like visiting for SFGTP3! I need a holiday! :)

Hmm seems in a couple of years I'll be moving to Redwood City. Don't know if that will set me closer or farther.

Count me in. I was scared I wouldn't be able to attend due to the American Le Mans Series race in Monterey we already bought tickets for, but, it's the the weekend before SFGTP2. Sweeeeet. So, I'll at least be bringing everthing I did last time, minus the 10 year old tv that may have given(did give) us the connection issue.

Hehe!

Do you still have the remote for the Flintstones TV?
It might be required for "Los Dos" if we get all 5 of us confirmed so far, and we get a 5-way race, and especially if some of the possibles make it too for a 6-way LAN!!!

As long as we've the remote and you can enable a pseudo-widescreen mode, then things won't look quite so fat & stretched, and it'll behave perfectly! (perhaps with a little need for percussive maintenance!)

Do you have room for a wandering Martian?

I was sorely tempted and given a range of considerations (i.e. job, money, time, opportunity) I reckoned I might not have the chance to do something like this again for a long time, so I have bitten the bullet and booked my flight :) I was going to go to the Belgian GP, but Ron Dennis hasn't replied to any of my emails about a possible drive, so he can go swivel... :P

With Edwards Airforce Base just a few hundred miles away, there's plenty of room for a Space Shuttle to land, so having a Martian touch down shouldn't be too much trouble either! :lol:

You'll have fun landing your UFO at SFO too! Honestly there is a runway there, but it appears until right at the very last second that you are going to ditch into the Bay on approach! :scared:

Will only be too happy to show you around and of course look forward to racing again! Just noticed your signature link too! :lol: Post #1 is updated, and I'm now hoping that you'll be able to meet one or more Portland, OR based racers too if I can persuade jump_ace (which is looking increasingly likely 👍) and KLR142 to come on down! :)

Hey guys, well I'm once again interested in going. I got the ol' fiancee to agree to this one. The only concern I have is #'s, I hope there will be quite a few of us. I can bring:

PS2
GT4
2 DS2 Controllers (gray and blue)
RCA cables
Coaxial cable
Memory card
I can likely bring my wheel if we need another, but I won't be able to bring my stand. So let me know if you have a stand for it Nick and if anyone thinks I should bring it
I can bring a 19" lcd monitor if there is a way to hook it up with the ps2....???? Dunno about that one, again just let me know if it can be done

Thx guys, and I'll try to round up another couple guys that live in Anetlope and Citrus Heights that are great and honorable drivers :)
Oh and Mars, if you want a lil' tour of P-town, shoot me a pm and we can see what can be arranged Or if Kyle is up to it instead, whatever :cheers:

Jerome

jump_ace: is your PS2 network equipped? Also, my monitor has an S-Video input which I run the PS2 through.

I take it my component cable is reserved for the Bravia? 'Cause I'm fine with that. :drool:

Hey guys, well I'm once again interested in going. I got the ol' fiancee to agree to this one. The only concern I have is #'s, I hope there will be quite a few of us.

Woohoo! It'll be great to have you down here to race with!
Number-wise, you're the 6th confirmed participant, and as ever collection from Oakland Airport will be a pleasure not a chore, so let me know when your flight arrives! If you're driving, bring the fiancee down too! itgirlxx will happily show her Tiffany's and things in the city! :scared: :lol:

I'm still hoping that there'll be others that'll make it too, equipment wise we're up to 5 setups, but we could certainly use your wheel if you don't mind bringing it. Touring Mars, alrivers & ceiling_fan are all DS2 racers, but Mars won't be able to provide equipment for the same reasons I've never been able to take any to UKGTP events! Silly non-compatible formats!!!

I'm also hoping DaveS1138 will be able to make this one too, I'm going to make sure he knows about this one way in advance! Digital-Nitrate has expressed an interest via PM, but given his shocking house damage recently I'm guessing it's going to depend on the cleanup situation as to whether he's able to attend or not, although I'm guessing his parents will be happy to see him again whatever the excuse for coming out here is!! ;)

For anyone considering this event, do not be scared of being uncompetetive, we don't tend to stick to the formulae of other OLR or LAN events where everyone has a car & track combo in mind (that they've been practising a lot) and the same folks win over & over again while everyone drives the same car. Have a browse through the SFGTP1 Results & photos thread, and you'll see that often the fastest drivers finished last, while slower drivers won consecutive racing. Enjoyment & participation is the key here, and you will win a race! We will once again race more or less every tarmac track in the game (except Citta di Aria, Capri and Test Curse) in forward & reverse directions if applicable! (No Nurb' reverse or anything silly! :P)

That said, as I did last time, I'd like to get some sort of suggestions of cars that you'll enjoy to slot into the event lineups before I start compiling events.
I'd prefer to try and run different things to last time, although some of the popular Pick'n'Mixes may make a return!

Post your suggestions here!!!!
I will endeavour first of all to include a BMW M5 (for alrivers' benefit) this time as it was a little short notice before! Also the Aston Vanquish could make and appearance if it'll act as sufficient bait to lure DaveS1138 out here! :P I must also try to include ceiling_fan's late request for last time too. ;)

I'll also take suggestions for events for a particular era or country (assuming it's not Netherlands or Spain that only have 1 car each!!! Nothing against the Dutch or Spanish of course! ;)) similar to the American All-Stars Handicap or Deutsche Touring Car Pick'n'Mix events we ran last time, although I'll be tempted to avoid a whole bunch of Group C monsters, or a sub-20HP handicap for instance!
Imagine that! You win in the Fiat 500, now you get the Mazda Carol, and then the Daihatsu Midget! It'd take 3 days for 1 event!!!! :ill:

Post your suggestions here!!!!
I will endeavour first of all to include a BMW M5 (for alrivers' benefit) this time as it was a little short notice before! Also the Aston Vanquish could make and appearance if it'll act as sufficient bait to lure DaveS1138 out here! :P I must also try to include ceiling_fan's late request for last time too. ;)

very much appreciated! :dopey: lol, don't forget the RUF "YellowBird" for Ray!!!

So I guess LMP1 monsters pick-n-mix is out, huh?

Which ones did you have in mind? I was talking about not going all out for Saubers & Minoltas! Bear in mind traction control & ASM are generally not allowed. Give me some ideas, and I'll investigate! :mischievous:

jump_ace: is your PS2 network equipped? Also, my monitor has an S-Video input which I run the PS2 through.

I take it my component cable is reserved for the Bravia? 'Cause I'm fine with that. :drool:

Yeah my PS2 is network capable, its the older bigger model but is ready to play ANY game I want ;) So I will bring all that I mentioned and about my monitor, it only has the vga and dvi input. Is there an adapter or cable that someone has or that I can get at radio shack, or fry's, etc? Just let me know if its possible to make it work. It looks like my flight will arrive late on Friday, is that okay for you Nick at around 11:20pm? and I will likely take that Monday off from work or atleast a half day or something. Give me a ring anytime this week so I can coordinate when to book my flight :)

EDIT - Flight booked via southwest, arrival at 11:20pm on Friday Oct 26th and leave for PDX on Sunday Oct 28th at 9:05pm :cheers:

Jerome

Back