Share your AI art

• Thread starter RYAN
  • 188 comments
full

OpenAI has added the ability to interact more directly with DALL-E and, allegedly, the ability to edit images. Early experiment had mixed success...

1712246225622.jpeg

What was the prompt for the KI?
ToYoda?
So I input "Master Yoda in a Toyota" but the AI does it's own thing and fills in the prompt a bit more AI like. So this was it spit out:

"A humorous and vibrant cartoon illustration of the iconic Star Wars character, Master Yoda, behind the wheel of a customized Toyota SUV. The Toyota is transformed into a unique space vehicle, complete with alien symbols and futuristic designs. Master Yoda wears a steering wheel hat and a satisfied, slightly mischievous smile. The background showcases a galaxy-like landscape with stars, planets, and other celestial bodies. The overall tone is playful and imaginative, giving a new and unexpected perspective on the beloved character., cinematic, illustration"

I'm learning promo engineering but I can't be bothered to write stuff like.

ChatGPT created this prompt for DALL-E from my longer description which was based on asking DALL-E to riff on an interesting image:-

"A surreal wide aspect image capturing the essence of an electric dream, featuring a melting clock blending into a beautiful female face, symbolizing the absurdity of existence. The background is a vibrant neon tapestry, alive with the rhythm of an unseen soundtrack. Eyes of unseen figures peer out, reflecting existential emotions, with the entire scene depicting a symphonic dance of the psyche. The image is rich in vivid colors, forming a kaleidoscopic view of life, where profound and playful elements coexist. The style is chaotic, yet poetic, blending surrealism with abstract art."

Odd.

DALL·E 2024-04-15 10.46.41 - A surreal wide aspect image capturing the essence of an electric...jpeg

DALL·E 2024-04-15 10.46.28 - A surreal wide aspect image capturing the essence of an electric...jpeg

Last edited:
Wow. So photography and most art work is pretty much dead in about 10years. I mean why pay thousands for a shoot, when its this good and can be done by some junior marketing twack, with prompts.

Ugh.

Last edited:
Wow. So photography and most art work is pretty much dead in about 10years. I mean why pay thousands for a shoot, when its this good and can be done by some junior marketing twack, with prompts.

Ugh.
Just because there's a new form of media doesn't mean old media dies. The advent of the camera didn't make it so people quit painting pictures and digital art didn't mean people threw away their cameras.

Yeh, I disagree completely that AI-generated images will replace traditional photography - there will always be a market for real images by real people. The provenance of artwork - the story behind it, the artist, the circumstances under which it was created - are all important factors in deciding what makes a piece of artwork important or 'great', and hence AI-generated art will always have that limitation. That said, it is possible to be extremely creative with AI and there are already some very talented and interesting AI artists out there who are using this new medium in brilliant ways, plus it is alot of fun for us amateurs to explore new possibilities.

Ironically, one of the things I've been using AI image generators for is to create photo-like images of memories, past events etc. for which I don't have a photographic record. I also like to try using AI to capture scenes or images from dreams I've had, which can be uncanny given that both involve fundamentally similar processes.

Just because there's a new form of media doesn't mean old media dies. The advent of the camera didn't make it so people quit painting pictures and digital art didn't mean people threw away their cameras.
Yeah. I dunno. This looks like the death of catalog work and most still life stuff. A lot of location work too. How do you pay the rent and keep gear current with just a few big jobs a year. I just don’t see marketing firms spending on shoots when this is so easy. Stock photography has already lost all of its value/residual value. How do you pay the rent on a 5k sq foot studio without the bread and butter jobs/residuals?

@Touring Mars have to disagree. Marketing firms are as cut throat as the most viscous law firm. And again a few big jobs a year don’t keep the doors open.

Sure wedding photography lives on but nope! Noppity nope nope nope!

Ps. I’d like to point out that automotive photography has largely been dead since the oughts. Its mostly renders.

Last edited:
Getting AI to make an image you've got in your head is very difficult, at the moment it's a reasonable substitute for imagination, that's about it. If I want an image of a cat and a dog sleeping I know there's already thousands and thousands of stock images to choose from, I don't need a weird five legged AI puppy instead.

Yeah. I dunno. This looks like the death of catalog work and most still life stuff. A lot of location work too. How do you pay the rent and keep gear current with just a few big jobs a year. I just don’t see marketing firms spending on shoots when this is so easy. Stock photography has already lost all of its value/residual value. How do you pay the rent on a 5k sq foot studio without the bread and butter jobs/residuals?
Weddings, school photos, journalism, and sports will always require actual photographers since AI can't reproduce that. Also, you can definitely make a living doing those things if you want to be a professional photographer. If you're hoping to make money off of artistic photography, then you probably don't have very realistic expectations. Yes, some people do make money off of it, but for the vast majority they do artistic photography because it's their hobby or passion.

Plus, I've been working pretty heavily with AI for the past few months. It has a really long way to go because it replaces anything in any quantity. It's better than what it was even a year ago, but it is still lacking in many areas. This is especially true with producing natural looking humans. Even if it gets all the digits correct, there's still going to be some uncanny valley to the people.

If you're hoping to make money off of artistic photography, then you probably don't have very realistic expectations. Yes, some people do make money off of it, but for the vast majority they do artistic photography because it's their hobby or passion.
Yup, my ex's sister was a Sony award winning photographer. Lot of travel involved and a lot of set-up work involved in her photography, but that was the artistic stuff, and it was all paid for by taking baby photos 9-5.

Create an intricately detailed painting depicting a lush and verdant landscape. At the heart of the scene are numerous herons, with their long, slender bodies and elongated necks gracefully intertwined. The herons are white with touches of gray, and their postures vary; some are in flight with wings outspread, while others stand elegantly amongst the foliage or wade in the water.

The background consists of a dense tropical forest, rich in various shades of green. The foliage is diverse, featuring broad leaves, delicate ferns, and heavy clusters of fruit, suggesting a scene ripe with life. Interspersed among the greenery are pale blue flowers, adding delicate contrast to the scene. A winding river, reflecting a hint of the sky, snakes through the landscape, providing a serene water element that the herons are drawn to.

In the distance, the silhouettes of mountains rise against a soft, pale sky suggesting either dawn or dusk. The light seems to gently suffuse through the clouds, contributing to the tranquil atmosphere of the painting.

The overall impression is one of a harmonious, secluded paradise, captured in a moment of timeless serenity, where the elegant herons are the undisputed protagonists of this natural tableau. The artistry of the painting lies in the detailed rendering of each element, from the texture of the birds' feathers to the varied greenery of the forest, creating a scene that feels alive and inviting.

DALL·E 2024-04-17 20.56.10 - Create an intricately detailed painting of a verdant landscape w...jpeg

Create an intricately detailed painting depicting a lush and verdant landscape. At the heart of the scene are numerous herons, with their long, slender bodies and elongated necks gracefully intertwined. The herons are white with touches of gray, and their postures vary; some are in flight with wings outspread, while others stand elegantly amongst the foliage or wade in the water.

The background consists of a dense tropical forest, rich in various shades of green. The foliage is diverse, featuring broad leaves, delicate ferns, and heavy clusters of fruit, suggesting a scene ripe with life. Interspersed among the greenery are pale blue flowers, adding delicate contrast to the scene. A winding river, reflecting a hint of the sky, snakes through the landscape, providing a serene water element that the herons are drawn to.

In the distance, the silhouettes of mountains rise against a soft, pale sky suggesting either dawn or dusk. The light seems to gently suffuse through the clouds, contributing to the tranquil atmosphere of the painting.

The overall impression is one of a harmonious, secluded paradise, captured in a moment of timeless serenity, where the elegant herons are the undisputed protagonists of this natural tableau. The artistry of the painting lies in the detailed rendering of each element, from the texture of the birds' feathers to the varied greenery of the forest, creating a scene that feels alive and inviting.
I didn't know you could make a prompt soo large.

Latest Posts

Back