Shelby Supercar

• Thread starter phreakypat
  • 47 comments
Hmm, your right about the Audi and Bugatti, and especially right about the Chrysler, the headligts arn't from the Farbound, but sine my last post I did notice a similarity to the Ford cougars.

The SHAPE is the boringest, standard wedge supercar. Effective aerodynamically, yet no advances in technology, most supercars since the Diablo use this shape...

As much as I don't want to correct a fellow Lotus lover. But you can go back alot further than the Diablo for the wedge shape. The countach is the first that springs to mind and the Aston Martin Bulldog.

Oh yeah, but I didn't want anyone saying "I don't see any shape or detail similar between the Honda and a Countach"... The Diablo was the first "wedge" car that came to mind... I could've said EB110 or a bunch of other ones.

BTW L4S, have you ever seen the Farboud GT? THAT design looks a bit like the HSC (although came before the Honda). Design by a Lotus guy as well :P

Here's the GT I'm talking about, not to be confused with many other, pre-professional designed prototypes on the net:

http://www.advanced-composites.com/IMAGES/news114b.jpg

EDIT: Here I am trying to figure out where I'm going wrong... I thought that the car that EVO drove about a year ago was the GT, but it turns out to be the GTS. Maybe that's why nodoby wasn't seeing any sort of link between the Honda and the GT. It's the Farboud GTS I meant to be talking about, my mistake and appologies.

Yeah there was two different Farbounds, there are ssimilarities, the GT is more stright edges but they have a similar profile.

This is a REAL Shelby Supercar - :D

86GLHS10.JPG

The GLHS is extremely rare and the few people who have them won't sell, or want a rediculous price.

(rediculous for an Omni anyways 4-6k+)

I dont know if anyone knows the name of this car so i will tell you its called the
SSC Aero SC/8T.
Year-2004

General Information
Price: $239,000
Miles Per Gallon: --/-- mpg
Curb Weight: 2720 lbs
Layout: Front-Engine/RWD
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual
Engine
Type: V8
Displacement: 6187 cc
Horsepower: 782 bhp @ 6600 rpm
Torque: 635 lb-ft @ 5800 rpm
Redline: 7200 rpm
Performance
0-60 mph: 3.1 sec
0-100 mph: -.- sec
Quarter Mile: 10.98 sec @ 126 mph
Skidpad: .--g
Top Speed: Estimated 249 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph: --- ft
Slalom Speed: --- mph

PICTURES-
sc8t.jpg
sc8t2.jpg
sc8t3.jpg
sc8t6.jpg
sc8t7.jpg

:eek: Wow, that's cool looking accept for the hood that looks like a 500lb Sumo wrestler sat on it. That's the only thing I see right away that i don't like. But that is sweet. I really like the Rear end setup.

ps. That doesn't look like a front engined car to me either :confused:

87chevy
:eek: Wow, that's cool looking accept for the hood that looks like a 500lb Sumo wrestler sat on it. That's the only thing I see right away that i don't like. But that is sweet. I really like the Rear end setup.

ps. That doesn't look like a front engined car to me either :confused:
Yeah whats up with the hood?
It looks like a Mid engine car.

People, don't make fun of the car just because it's using a proven areodynamic body design. You should at least wait until you see track times before you ridicule it.

heero 12
People, don't make fun of the car just because it's using a proven areodynamic body design. You should at least wait until you see track times before you ridicule it.
Oh no man I like it but I just dont like one part of the car the hood that all.

heero 12
I dissagree, I can critisise the cars looks all I want, they can make it look nicer and make it just as aerodynamic, I wouldn't dream of saying the car itself is crap though until I see laptimes and performanc figures ect.

Back