Shift 2 Unleashed Photomode

Here are some of my latest edits. I really wish they would fix x-box photo mode as it can be to dark and pixelated but oh well i guess i'd rather have better ffb on the wheel and drive ability over the photo mode.

Really great pics!!!

Thanks gedo my wife is a pro photographer so i thought i would use some of her editing tools and give it a go and thats what i came up with as well as the ones of the porsche further up.

I love my little Mini

shift2pic_77349.jpg

The car Anti Aliasing is so much better on PC, I could go down all these pics and distinguish which was on which machine.

GT5 did it great on PS3, don't get it. :(

The car Anti Aliasing is so much better on PC, I could go down all these pics and distinguish which was on which machine.

GT5 did it great on PS3, don't get it. :(

They had five years to perfect their graphics engine, a huge budget and only one platform to optimize their game along with (probably) much better communication with PS3 hardware and library engineers. And, dare I say so, they may even had involvement in the initial PS3 design phase. After all, they are one of Sony's most lucrative studios. :D

GT5 was bound to be better than Shift 2 in something! And the (almost) 1080p, clean and crisp graphics of GT5 along with the advanced (and complicated) photo-mode are some of the strong points of GT5! Not surpassing, since PD are a graphic-focused studio. ;)

But, in my opinion, all this GT5 graphic-tech is going to waste once you see the lifeless, badly modeled tracks (Nordschleife excluded), bad textures, horrible shadows and smoke effects, bad visual-damage, standard cars, etc which I think really break the immersion. On the contrary the lower resolution and worse anti-aliasing (also due to deferred rendering) of Shift 2 on PS3, doesn't break the immersion since you don't even notice it once you get in the racing action! :)

I admit it would be nice if Shift 2 fired a separate rendering thread (similar to GT5 and Forza 3) once you took a photo to generate High-Performance-PC-quality photos on PS3. But I can't even begin to imagine how difficult that would be to implement! :scared:

Also I think every minute (or unit of money) SMS would spent on better photo-mode would be a minute less spent on nailing the physics and the racing environment. They would risk of "biting more than they could chew" and losing focus from their goal of developing a realistic and fun racing-game-sim! Hey, that's maybe what happened to GT5 after all! ;)

Also, for me at least, every minute spent on taking photos in Shift 2 is one minute less spent on racing. When I have more time I may try to take some nice photos of Shift 2, though I really take awful photos! :D

By the way, some really excellent photos in this thread! 👍

Last edited:
I'm not really good at making liveries... But hey, I made these and took a photo with my cellphone (I play on a PS3, and PSN problems and such :s).
Next time I'll post some action pics :)
DSC00222.jpg

DSC00221.jpg

DSC00220.jpg

DSC00218.jpg

DSC00217.jpg

DSC00215.jpg

DSC00214.jpg

DSC00213.jpg

DSC00212.jpg

DSC00211.jpg

Those liveries are cool. People get better and better as time goes by. I suck at them and their system sucks so I just keep it really simple.

cortinaei.jpg

crashtina.jpg

shift2pic89990.jpg

shift2pic89991.jpg

Last edited:
PS Store can't get up soon enough, I want to drive those cars.:grumpy:

On a happier note, I can finally upload some photos now.:)

SLS @ Spa for WTC.

Autobild Porsche showing EA's new motto "It's in the game, you just can't use it".

Pre-Works Challenger.

Post-Works Challenger with 1000hp.

Radical @ London again for WTC

One of my favorite pics I've taken in this game.

There are more, but none I felt like were worth posting.

Last edited:
Final lap and AI giving me hell...gotta love it

shift2pic34172.jpg

When air traffic controllers fall asleep...

shift2pic34159.jpg

shift2pic34139.jpg

mowing the lawn on Sunday

shift2pic34168.jpg

1.2 million dollar cigarette lighter

shift2pic34152.jpg

I remember he drove a Seat a while back yes. But I've seen him this year as a GP2 Team leader at Dubai where even the car is prepared by a portuguese team I think.

Because of curiosity I went to check his WTCC car. Shame the sponsors are not in the game :(

Nice job with the Porsche 👍 I just don't have the patience or skills to do it myself :(

I remember he drove a Seat a while back yes. But I've seen him this year as a GP2 Team leader at Dubai where even the car is prepared by a portuguese team I think.

Because of curiosity I went to check his WTCC car. Shame the sponsors are not in the game :(

Nice job with the Porsche 👍 I just don't have the patience or skills to do it myself :(

thanks ;) Its not about skills but like you said patience and a lot of work...

Back