Should I Buy GranTurismo on PSP?

• Thread starter SR9647
  • 39 comments
SR9647
Hello,

I have GT5 on ps3 and i love it! however i have completed the 'a-spec' events, and i want another GT challenge!

should i buy GT for psp?

GT PSP is a good game in my opinion because it has more tracks than GT5 and if you collect cars on GT PSP, you can use them in GT5's Arcade mode! :)

But it doesn't have a career mode. You can however complete certain challenges and play online.

I think you should get it. ;)

Thanks good friend!

im going to purchase it now! :)

Thanks for the advice, oh and are the single player races similar to those on GT5?

Thanks again 👍

There is no online for Gran Turismo PSP, only local multiplayer. However, you can play local multiplayer on PSP online using ad-hoc party for the PS3. I'm not sure why you would play that anyways, since you can play online on Gran Turismo 5.

Yeah man, make sure you have a friend or two with the game too. Great racing can be had with that. Big money too.

In all honesty i will admit it , i did not buy this game, i borrowed the UMD and ripped it onto my psp, how ever
this game was a dissapointment , because i expected soo much more but considering its a handheld i was pretty stupid to expect to much.

I would recommened if your a fan of the gt series and want to play it on psp get GT1 eboot, that is a full game with something to do!

The idea not to include a career mode was quite a stupid move by PD. Even Burnout and NFS on PSP have career modes.

Yes, but Burnout and NFS don't have as many tracks, cars, and nowhere near the realism that Gran Turismo does. There is plenty of stuff to do in this game that will take up countless hours... like unlocking AI difficulty S on all tracks, getting gold in all the challenges, and collecting all the cars.

My suggestion is that you do what I'm doing (very recently, in fact).

Go to Ebay. Pick up GT2 for ~$5. Put it into your PS3 and tether your PS3 to your PSP using Remote Play, and play GT2 on your PSP.

Remote Play allows for PS1 games to be played, and you will get a better 'GT Experience' from GT2 rather than GT:PSP.

Just a nugget of advice, and a counter-suggestion.

Last edited:

Go to Ebay. Pick up GT2 for ~$5. Put it into your PS3 and tether your PS3 to your PSP using Remote Play, and play GT2 on your PSP.

Remote Play allows for PS1 games to be played, and you will get a better 'GT Experience' from GT2 rather than GT:PSP.

Well thats a neat feature! Pity you cant do the same with GT4 on the PS2!

Only problem is that you can't use the analog nub with PS1 games. Well, you could, but it would act as a d-pad, so the control wouldn't be that good.

An even better idea is to acquire an eboot of GT2 and install it staright onto your PSP memory card. Then you can play it anywhere.

eboots are for CFW, the PSP has a built in PS1 emulator that runs eboot PS1 games. You can download them off the internet, or rip the PS1 disc and then use conversion tools to make an eboot.

If you have the original PSX GT2 disc do a Google search for 'PSX2PSP' and you will find the software and guides in order to do it. You can also download the eboot from various sites but we can't discuss this for legal reasons. Athough if have the original disc you're not really breaking the law by downloading it this way. PM me if you need help

So that's what the remote play feature does. Always wondered about that. I really should learn how to use my ps3 lol

It's a pretty nifty feature, but it's unfortunate that it only works on PS1 games.Also, the analog nub will only work as a D-Pad, but it's still pretty cool :).

GT PSP has no career mode. But it has really cool and hard challenges. They are much harder than licenses in GT5... If you are looking for challenge, you must buy it. Especially if you are a true fan of GT series :sly:

Forget the career mode, it doesn't make the game any more fun, just adds interest for people that don't enjoy the game really anyway. GTPSP is the best handheld car game by a gazillion miles. Car handling which is as close as you'll get to realistic without waiting for the next generation. Replays that look authentic.

All I really do in GTPSP is time trials. It's just fun trying to "drive" well and then watching the replay of your efforts.

If you have a PSP, getting a cheap Gran Turismo for it can't be that wrong. I wouldn't buy a PSP for it though, like I did.

I was pretty disappointed by the game, maily because of the lack of the slightest hint of a career mode and the limited steering inputs of the PSP. The latter is a technical problem of the platform, but it becomes very aparrent through the surprisingly good physics of GT-PSP. The former seems to be the general heading of PD nowadays. I even understand the idea of the game: "the short race during lunch break". All nice. But I felt a bit lost in it. The driving is good (minus the aforementioned limitations), but driving for the sake of driving feels a bit .... I don't know ... thin?

I liked very much, you have great tracks, including the Valencia Circuit ... But is very much like the arcade mode ... And you can transfer cars to the Arcade Mode of the GT5 ..

But what I liked most was the opening movie and the TV Advert ...

Every time I'm at futureshop I always pick it up and look at it and think if I want it or not. I think one if these days I'm gonna end up buying it so I'll have something to play besides poker when I go on vacations or road trips.

Back