Should i invest in a 908??

  • Thread starter Thread starter DrTrebor007
  • 40 comments
  • 2,537 views
Messages
301
England
Dorset
Messages
Drtrebor007
Title gives it away, but is it worth it?
 
yes
 
I was wondering the same thing although i read its better than the R10
 
Yes you should :) it's one of the best cars in the game IMHO ;)
 
Most definitely.
 
It's a good car for it's class I just dont find much use for that class of cars as a whole.
 
As it's French you can use it for grinding in the European championships and some seasonals at the moment
 
It's a good car for it's class I just dont find much use for that class of cars as a whole.

They are good for grinding or for racing in an online series. I am currently in a LeMans series and a few people use the 908. I don't have on though. I recall seeing it in my ucd awhile back but I passed on it because I already had a few LM cars.
 
Thanks Guys, also should i get the Premium version?
 
DrTrebor007
Thanks Guys, also should i get the Premium version?

Only is a premium 908. The standard is the 905 and it's quite a rare find in the ucd.
 
Big fat yes, but if you can find the 905, that is a better car, much.
 
Does buying cars in GT5 really qualify as an Investment?
 
Does buying cars in GT5 really qualify as an Investment?

depends, back when you could trade expensive cars these were going for ferrari p4s and murias
 
rocko100
I was wondering the same thing although i read its better than the R10

The R10 is usually found at the back of the pack in A and B spec, remote and offline. Not a good sign. Besides, you win it when you do the NRing 24 hr in A spec.

Get the sauber instead.
 
the 905 is a bit tail happy


but the 908 with the right setup drives really well
 
the 905 is a bit tail happy


but the 908 with the right setup drives really well

i believe RKM motorsport has a tune for it
the killer whale think its called, i didnt try it yet though
 
i believe RKM motorsport has a tune for it
the killer whale think its called, i didnt try it yet though
Found:
Based on: 2010 Peugeot 908 HDi FAP – Team Oreca Matmut
Obtained: New Car Dealer

Drivetrain: MR
Horsepower: 902 BHP (@ 47.7 miles)
Torque:---- 993 ft-lb
Weight:---- 930 kg

PARTS
GT Auto
Oil Change

Tuning Shop
High RPM Turbo Kit
Choice of Racing Tires

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 60/85

Transmission
Transmission
1st:-- 3.863
2nd:-- 2.466
3rd:-- 1.744
4th:-- 1.298
5th:-- 1.018
6th:-- 0.839
Final: 2.813
Max Speed: 249

Drivetrain
Differential
Initial: x/5
Accel:-- x/5
Braking: x/5

Suspension
Suspension
Ride Height: -25/-10
Spring Rate: 17.5/19.0
Extension:-- 10/10
Compression: 8/8
Anti-Roll:-- 1/3
Camber:----- 2.9/2.3
Toe:-------- 0.05/0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 8/10

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
Say hello to the Killer Whale. It's big and powerful, capable of killing nearly anything, but has a certain grace to it...

And more pace than your mind will be able to comprehend
 
In my oppinion the Mazda 787b is much more fun to drive around than the 908. The thing that won me over was its incredible sound, if i were you i would borow that 908 from a friend and see how it is.
 
In my oppinion the Mazda 787b is much more fun to drive around than the 908. The thing that won me over was its incredible sound, if i were you i would borow that 908 from a friend and see how it is.

Any Offers to let me borrow one? :)
 
Sure you can borrow mine. I'll put it online in the a.m.
 
They are good for grinding or for racing in an online series. I am currently in a LeMans series and a few people use the 908. I don't have on though. I recall seeing it in my ucd awhile back but I passed on it because I already had a few LM cars.

It was'nt in your ucd its a premium, they do not appear in the ucd you may have seen the 905 in the ucd as that is a standard.
 
If you're to buy every car in the game, why not. Else, if you 're doing it all in a tight budget...
 
It was'nt in your ucd its a premium, they do not appear in the ucd you may have seen the 905 in the ucd as that is a standard.

Are you sure about that? There are no premiums in the used car dealership? I'm pretty sure I have bought premiums used before, maybe I'm wrong though idk.
 
Are you sure about that? There are no premiums in the used car dealership? I'm pretty sure I have bought premiums used before, maybe I'm wrong though idk.

Positive, No premiums in the ucd or ocd. You can win premiums and receice of all tickets.
 
In my oppinion the Mazda 787b is much more fun to drive around than the 908. The thing that won me over was its incredible sound, if i were you i would borow that 908 from a friend and see how it is.

The Mazda is good too, most probably for the sound and it's also a lot more exciting, but the Peugoet has a lot more stability.

The Audi's good too, just not that easy to control but with some TCS (it's a sin I know) it's actually quite stable and with the open cockpit, more fun then the Mazda :)

Typo :P
 
Back