Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,307 comments
I got a couple flies in the house. Tried to be nice and set them free, but they are too stupid to fly out an open window or door. So I picked up this handheld electric bug zapper while I was at Menards:

263-1252_P_Blue.jpg

It fries them pretty good, and it is much more fun than a regular fly swatter. :lol:
I've got 1 aswell, had quite alot of em over the years, they're great, you can do spiders with them aswell.

Oh, I dare you to hold the button & squeeze the metal mesh together with your fingers, 1st thing I did to see how strong it was lol, trust me it's only a little belt, not like getting hit with 240v :)

Oh, I dare you to hold the button & squeeze the metal mesh together with your fingers, 1st thing I did to see how strong it was lol, trust me it's only a little belt, not like getting hit with 240v :)

First thing I did as well. :lol:

It's only powered by 2 AA (3V total) batteries, so it's not a big jolt. Just enough to fry a bug on contact and even get a nice spark as well.

I've got 1 aswell, had quite alot of em over the years, they're great, you can do spiders with them aswell.

It's only powered by 2 AA (3V total) batteries, so it's not a big jolt. Just enough to fry a bug on contact and even get a nice spark as well.
Use your tongue instead of your fingers. :D

DiFj4bqXkAIRdce

Got the Kojima Productions Gild iPhone X case

...and man is it wonderful! Fits perfectly, is really solid and makes using the phone so much better! The edges of the frame don’t make typing an issue (I’ve found with older iPhones cases that have a protruding frame came make typing a bit more tricky). The corners also give you something to hold onto when watching videos, an issue with the slippery iPhone X. Honestly, I went from the Apple leather case to this and this is 100x better.

Just came in today. Fully complete copy of Phantasy Star Online, including the little mini Xbox catalogue and a small ad for a keyboard adapter.

20180714_180857.jpg

A couple of films.

5882C6D5-3696-4BD4-A95A-5AA94BD68CE9.jpeg

If you get a chance to watch the Criterion rescan of Life Aquatic then do. It’s lovley.

527399B4-B22E-4A21-AB01-4A3B0DEC670A.jpeg

All Night Long. Not so much a great film, but it’s based around the 60s UK Jazz scene and features some big names in Jazz.

I got my hands on this a couple of months ago but never shared it here. I bought it from a friend in TMG.

It is an actual wheel (Front Right) off the 2015 Toyota TS040-HYBRID. It raced throughout the WEC that year and still has pieces of tyre rubber stuck between the spokes.

As fan souvenirs go this is pretty damn cool!

IMG_20180305_175523.jpg

DSC_0413.JPG

Last edited:

Use your tongue instead of your fingers. :D
It only takes 1 volt to stop the heart.. y'all be safe out there. :indiff:

TB
I've always heard it's one amp, not volt.

@Shaun?

Quite a few factors go into it but milliamps will kill.
It's the current that kills not the volts but the volts are required to push the current through the body so to speak. The path has alot to do with it also, across the chest, ie through the heart is the nasty route.

Last edited:
It wouldn't be terribly difficult to construct a device that can deliver a lethal shock that's powered by a pair of AA batteries.

Just sayin'

TB
Does he like what he does? :P

- - - - -

Just booked a week in Poipu:

22afa47a-f198-4d1b-ab08-e107158e4bb5.jpg

Now to get everything else for the trip situated.
My wife finally got confirmation for the time off so before flights sold out (4 seats left!), it was time to book.

Two tickets to paradise from Fargo and, unfortunately, back.

Since it will just be the two of us and it's partly for our 20th Anniversary, our rental will be something along the lines of a convertible Mustang.

2017-ford-mustang-ecoboost-convertible-blue.png

Because one can never have too many pairs/options of cycling shoes.

Giro Empire Knit.

images

Those are possibly the nicest pair of shoes I’ve recently although they cost twice what I’m paying for bike no.3 at the end of the month.

Happened to find a store in Ottawa that had these in stock. We did a road trip there last weekend to see some good friends, so instead of ordering them I just picked them up in person.

3F1C36E7-9118-456F-9587-0FAB8CEB8F6B.jpeg

Given the ongoing heat wave, I’ll probably wait a bit to get back into raw denim. But half off seemed too good an opportunity to pass up!

TB
Yes!!! Mine lost the orange tip (there's a 1/8"-or-so metal barrel inside of the orange tip) but that just means I can get it that much closer to mosquitoes that have landed.

And congrats on the 20th year of wedded hopefully bliss!!!

Given the ongoing heat wave, I’ll probably wait a bit to get back into raw denim. But half off seemed too good an opportunity to pass up!
Heat shouldn't be a problem if they're half off.

Sorry.

And congrats on the 20th year of wedded hopefully bliss!!!
Honestly, I'd go with 85% good, 14% less good and 1% I'm just going to sleep out here tonight. I'll take those numbers :lol:

- - - - -

We've had the chair for about a week but the new rug just showed up today.

Old:

20180710_163906.jpg

New:

20180719_234014.jpg

Digging the pattern on the rug. She done good picking it out. And a 8'x10' rug for $125 was a hell of a deal.

Latest Posts

Back