Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,319 comments
New phone. OPPO a73.

Oppo-F5-3.jpg

Needed a new family truckster, read station wagon/estate to replace our ten year old Mazda 6.
Test drove many and researched more and none were perfect for all of our needs but this come out a clear winner.

images

Skoda Octavia Sport wagon but ours is in blue.
Touch wood should be ready to pick up from the dealer on Friday.

Some discs for disc golf. I've always wanted to pursue this and just haven't pulled the trigger. I've gained some weight recently and decided this would be good for me to get some exercise.

Innova Starter Pack which includes an Avair, Shark and Leopard.
513USpNVhtL._SX466_.jpg

Two Latitude 64 Rivers, 172g Gold Line and a 166g Opto.
II_Infinite2690d91f.JPG

II_Infinite44030168.JPG

@kolo - I haven't gone all year but I have some discs in the back of my Pilot should the fancy strike me. Kids aren't terrible into it, hence the lack of frequency.

The course near me is a great mix of technical in the trees bits and let 'er rip wide open shots.

View attachment 758474 View attachment 758473 I can’t really show much. Maybe a lighter wallet. I was in Las Vegas this past week for our 20th wedding anniversary.
Rather than gamble, I spent my money at exotics racing and drove a Lamborghini Huracan and a McLaren 570s.
It was a fantastic experience.
I'm jealous but in a good way because I think it was a very, very good way to empty your wallet.

Bought these a long time ago, but the parcel only arrived yesterday:

7895613F-CB13-4553-B170-81999C5626C0.jpeg

Which contains these three:

7918DEB3-FF7D-471E-9A64-01FF70FB7E23.jpeg

2 1/18s and a 1/64.

Just for comparison, this is the size of the parcel from Japan last time, along with the amount of filling material (which is from Buyee):

4BCCE215-22F2-4A60-BB7F-D5C2E7F0A62F.jpeg

Considering the last parcel only needed to contain 1 1/18 and 2 1/64s and the higher shipping fees associated with a larger parcel, it was without a doubt that I preferred the Zenmarket way of packing stuff.

👍 to the Japanese again for packing my things and transporting them to me safely and soundly (and to @SVX for letting me know about Zenmarket).

Also, this has got to be the largest bulk purchase from Japan for me (fingers crossed it won’t get surpassed :scared:)

More info can be found at the scale model thread.

Bought these a long time ago, but the parcel only arrived yesterday:

View attachment 758620

Which contains these three:

View attachment 758622

2 1/18s and a 1/64.

Just for comparison, this is the size of the parcel from Japan last time, along with the amount of filling material (which is from Buyee):

View attachment 758624

Considering the last parcel only needed to contain 1 1/18 and 2 1/64s and the higher shipping fees associated with a larger parcel, it was without a doubt that I preferred the Zenmarket way of packing stuff.

👍 to the Japanese again for packing my things and transporting them to me safely and soundly (and to @SVX for letting me know about Zenmarket).

Also, this has got to be the largest bulk purchase from Japan for me (fingers crossed it won’t get surpassed :scared:)

More info can be found at the scale model thread.

Good to hear it went well for you. ZM's attention to detail when it comes to packing is great- even more so when the service is included free of charge and Buyee's costs 1000 JPY! Definitely glad to have switched to them now and will recommend them as much as possible. They deserve as much business as they can get.

TB
@kolo - I haven't gone all year but I have some discs in the back of my Pilot should the fancy strike me. Kids aren't terrible into it, hence the lack of frequency.

The course near me is a great mix of technical in the trees bits and let 'er rip wide open shots.
Now that you've been reminded of it, you may have an itch in your future...

I take it you played pretty casually? The shots at my closest course are mostly technical, but there is a 9 hole course that is also pretty near by that has mostly open shots and a couple technical. I'll probably practice there for a bit before trying to lose some discs. :lol:

You can this to the list, a 175g Aviar.

II_607966-a05db5e185.png

Iwen Park has both a 9 hole and an 18 hole (a couple of holes overlap):

iwen_south_nd_map.jpg

ffd3ccb4.jpg

I'll probably practice there for a bit before trying to lose some discs. :lol:
Somehow, on hole 6 of the 9 hole course (or 18 of the 18), my son got his disc six feet into a 24" storm drain right at the tree line. I had to get a stick to get it out. :lol:

There have also been some close calls with discs going into the river.

My two latest purchases:

The old one broke down last week after many, many years of loyal service. Tried to fix it but the magnet making contact with the electric motor was too much worn down (out).

iu

I don't know how to call it in English but a couple of weeks ago, the right leg of my Serengeti sunglasses broke off. I bought a new one last week. Luckily, Serengeti sells these things seperately.

iu

Last edited:
Now that you've been reminded of it, you may have an itch in your future...

I take it you played pretty casually? The shots at my closest course are mostly technical, but there is a 9 hole course that is also pretty near by that has mostly open shots and a couple technical. I'll probably practice there for a bit before trying to lose some discs. :lol:

You can this to the list, a 175g Aviar.

View attachment 758685
Most of the courses in my area are wooded so it's easy to lose disc, down south we write our name and phone number on our disc. My cousin's son and friend were up from Florida and lost a disc, he got a call later from someone that had found it. I use a Tobu disc that has a built in tracker.
Info:

TB
Iwen Park has both a 9 hole and an 18 hole (a couple of holes overlap):

iwen_south_nd_map.jpg

ffd3ccb4.jpg

Somehow, on hole 6 of the 9 hole course (or 18 of the 18), my son got his disc six feet into a 24" storm drain right at the tree line. I had to get a stick to get it out. :lol:

There have also been some close calls with discs going into the river.
Look on you tube and search diamond x course, I think it's in Montana. Looks like a wild course.

I don't know how to call it in English but a couple of weeks ago, the right leg of my Serengeti sunglasses broke off. I bought a new one last week. Luckily, Serengeti sells these things separately.

It's just called the Arm :). Yeah they usually are the fist things to go after a while on sunglasses, that and the hinges.

I got one of these Yamaha 107 soundbars. It's not a set of speakers, but it's pretty convenient. Sound has more depth now, though you won't get bass at the lower end as it can only reach down to around 50Hz with the 3" "subwoofers". I have it connected to the TV via HDMI ARC and it turns on and off with the TV. There is a connection for a subwoofer, but the crossover is a bit high.

yas-107-hero-100734497-large.jpg

Back