Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,319 comments
I bought a bunch of race cars and real estate combined in a racing game.

I present to you my purchase of the day: Dirt Rally 2.0

DSCN4767.JPG

I went in the store, saw the DVD, grabbed without paying much attention to the game and paid. When I got in my car (5 minute walk), I looked at it and was surprised that I bought the "Day one edition".

Bought this truly amazing camera today. It's a Casio Exilim EX-FR10 and it's so versatile and feature packed that I'm surprised I paid what I did for it. The screen portion is basically just a monitor for the camera, but as you can see, the camera and monitor aren't actually wired together. The camera sends video and information back to the monitor via Bluetooth, enabling the camera to be completely separate from the monitor, and it works fairly well too. And that's just a very basic description of its usability. I love this thing.

PNTX7397.jpg PNTX7395.jpg deconstructed.PNG

Well got this today! :dopey: Stumbled upon it while browsing Ebay recently, the seller claims it is unreleased and I googled the radio mix of this song and I didn't see much mention of it at all. Needless to say I was intrigued, so I bought it! Kind of a shame it didn't have the cover still intact, but oh well, i'm just glad to have it! :D Don't think I have ever heard the song before until now, so this is interesting to me!
IMG_E0192.JPG
IMG_E0193.JPG

Last edited:
I bought a bunch of race cars and real estate combined in a racing game.

I present to you my purchase of the day: Dirt Rally 2.0

View attachment 804040

I went in the store, saw the DVD, grabbed without paying much attention to the game and paid. When I got in my car (5 minute walk), I looked at it and was surprised that I bought the "Day one edition".

Come on, man, stop mucking about. When are you buying more cashew nuts? :P

Come on, man, stop mucking about. When are you buying more cashew nuts? :P
Well, I wanted to buy another 5 kg yesterday but I still have about 1.5 kg left from the previous 5 kg, so I'm going to wait. It's hard to wait but that is life! :P

cn16392336.jpg

Went ham at a Banana Republic sales event today. 50% entire store on top of already discounted prices.

Bought that cardigan, 2 dress shirts, 2 casual plaid long-sleeve button-ups, 3 sweaters, 3 pairs of chinos, 1 polo.

Considering that I almost never buy clothes, my wardrobe just got a massive update.

For a while now I've been looking for an easy and reliable way to play my ripped Blu-rays on my home network through my AV setup without going a full blown HTPC, issue was it had to pass through Dolby Atmos, DTS X etc straight to my receiver my Blu ray player when networked would pass DTS X and Dolby TrueHD 7.1 but not the Atmos portion of TrueHD for some reason.
After some searching and reading all the rave reviews bought an Nvidia Shield.
Working a treat does exactly as I wished and the interface is super snappy and keeps all my entertainment in one spot, local content via Plex, Netflix etc etc.

shield-remote-840x360.jpg

Last edited:
After some searching and reading all the rave reviews bought an Nvidia Shield.
Working a treat does exactly as I wished and the interface is super snappy and keeps all my entertainment in one spot, local content via Plex, Netflix etc etc.
I'm not sure how I didn't come across this a few years ago looking for a device that could play Netflix, Prime and Plex. Most could do the first two but not Plex, What could play Plex couldn't do one, or both, of the other two. So I stuck with an old PS3 but at some point that's going to fail. Nice to know that the theater room can be back up and running for not too much cash. 👍

Back