Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,287 comments
So I did a thing... :rolleyes: :lol:

fxqssh.jpg

I was considering one of these a couple of months ago as I wanted a wireless mouse with an internal battery to replace my aged G500 - which is 8 years old, I replaced the switches a year ago and they're very loud on the rebound! - but it was over £110. Then Amazon dropped the price to £85.

img_2705_1.jpg

(It's a Logitech G903)
(And I've turned all the lights off)

TB
Let's see how long these last...
Didn't even have them on for the first time and they're getting returned. The silicone/rubber ear pieces are already separating from the plastic frames.

- - - - -

Hopefully I have better luck with this:

d46b1370-db40-41db-b039-8e7b8fb257c3_1.63808df27274a2d5bacc9a7cad141c56.jpeg

Supposed to be pretty good and I've been wanting a watch that can track rides in Strava. For $70 it's worth a try.

It was time for another ridiculous midnight purchase.

s-l1600.jpg

This qualifies perfectly as a ridiculous midnight purchase.
Midnight purchase? Absolutely.

Ridiculous purchase? Not at all. That's a pretty neat hat.

iu

Energy suspension motormounts for my pickup, as it has been making a thud sound when releasing the throttle since I bought it. 7 years ago today.

s-l1600.jpg

Proportioning valve for my dad's pickup, I'm sick and tired that his truck has the squishiest brakes possible. And all else already has been replaced.

Probably a stupid question but is this a 3D printer?
You are correct. 👍

I was crunching some numbers and for what I have planned, it ends up being less expensive to buy my own printer and make my own stuff than have someone else print it for me. Just had to get the wife on board. This one showing up as an Amazon Lightning Deal did the trick. :)

TB
You are correct. 👍

I was crunching some numbers and for what I have planned, it ends up being less expensive to buy my own printer and make my own stuff than have someone else print it for me. Just had to get the wife on board. This one showing up as an Amazon Lightning Deal did the trick. :)

So you have some items already in your mind to print?

I have some that you can also print for me.
:P

TB
A slightly early birthday present. :D

71UrF968J1L._SX522_.jpg

Why isn't it Sunday already so I can play with it?!?

Same as mine :) You'll want to upgrade the pipe couplings ASAP, and there's another easy mod putting nuts on the bolts that go down from the plate into the levelling adjusters. For a filament guide, get a skateboard wheel bearing and print this. All other mods I've done to mine have seemed optional, and were just printed anyway - fan cover, cable chain, cable clips.

These are the couplings I got, they hold the pipe much more securely:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DC594D6/?tag=gtplanet-20

Printception.

I kinda jelly of those of you with 3D printers as I’ve been into miniature wargaming for a while and would love to be able to print my own troops.

I got a Samsung S10e.
images.jpeg
The blue was so nice, I had to get a case with a clear(ish) back.
I had the S8 before this and absolutely hated the curved edge. I figured it was going to be the Achilles tendon for me, as I am very rough with my things, and I was not wrong. In less than a year I broke three different phones. Glad Samsung made the decision to bring back phones without the curved edge. Hoping to get a few years of use out of this phone.
So far, I am very pleased with the phone out of the box. Seems to have a minimal amount of bloatware. The stock theme and backgrounds are nice. The plastic protective cover on the screen is actually a screen protector and not just a cheap tabbed plastic sheet for shipping. Headphones are ethe obligatory AKG ear buds. Sound nice but won't knock your socks off. A new trick it has that my S8 didnt though, is Dolby Atmos, which actually works really well while watching YouTube videos. I watch a lot of Yogs and Bay Area Buggs, and the game sounds are very much like you are actually playing. Gun shoots actually sound like they are coming from a specific direction and not just out of the left or right channel. I have a few things to tweak that I may get around to some day, but overall, I am not suffering from the typical buyer's remorse I get when spending a bunch of money. That and it was nice to stop forking over buckets of cash to Verizon.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back