Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,302 comments
This was $5 and I've been wanting to try it. I've messed around with it a little bit but I won't dive fully into it until the weekend as there are lots of options.
d968242aae3042e1ae4957e1fb4bd8ad.jpg

I also bought some DLC for Planet Coaster as I've gotten back into it lately.

Uh, BRB gonna buy it as well despite purely using it for Watcher-type games.

As6Yvgh.png

For when I get a laptop that will run it in settings that are above "looks like absolute glutes" level. And then commit sacrilege by asking around for good starting setups for a controller. Bought it purely to hoon about in machines I can't afford and silly mods, not SUPERCEREAL league racing. Might do a comedy league, has a name and silly acronym and everything.

My old HP Probook is dying a slow death it seems. That, and Windows 7 losing it's support from Microsoft soon, means time to find a new one. Just glad the old one lived through the holidays.

Just ordered an Acer Aspire 5 from Amazon. Pretty basic, but specs are as good or better than the HP I have now. I don't really do any gaming, and the most demanding thing I'll use it for are Youtube videos.

71vvXGmdKWL._SL1500_.jpg

FG7W_1BBE8401-ACE3-426B-A41E-E8DF3775AD98_large.jpg

BT Whole Home Wi-fi. Absolutely superb and I finally have great coverage in every spot in my home after years of messing about with extenders and homeplugs etc.

I just bought three more RiffTrax, all digital releases. Bridget and Mary Jo are a great comedy team. Their style is very conversational and very funny, like listening to two old friends hanging out and cracking wise about the crummy movie they're watching, which is what this actually is. Reefer Madness is an old RiffTrax release. I already had the Mike-only riff and the three-riffers live show. I'm just filling in the blanks by getting the three-riffer studio release now.
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2id6bAa][/URL][url=https://flic.kr/p/2id8xhz][/URL]

SkyTech Blaze II Gaming Computer PC Desktop – Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 TI 6G, 500G SSD, 8GB DDR4, RGB, AC WiFi, Windows 10 Home 64-bit

81PeBrTfhnL._SL1500_.jpg

I don't know what half of this means so feel free to dog me as I forked out just under 900 dollars for it. (That icludes the extra memory I bought to double it.)

All I know is that it run iRacing with zero issues, and I'm a happy camper.
After having a gaming PC since August and using it strictly for iRacing, I finally chomped at the bit for a game I've been wanting for a really long time.

American Truck Simulator.

22102.jpeg

I went with the West Coast Bundle as I'm more into the driving distance rather than making the truck look pretty. I'll probably be getting the remaining cargo DLC's as well looking for some heavy loads. :)

Any tips and such I should know, feel free to let me know. I'm a noob!

Any tips and such I should know, feel free to let me know. I'm a noob!

Besides checking out the mods on the Steam Workshop, there's some rather good map mods out there.

These are the 2 I use as they compliment each other rather well.
Coast to Coast
Canadream

There was a good Mexico one as well, but it seems to have been abandoned and causes issues with more recent versions of the game. :(

Two of the much needed (two are dented from pot holes) brand spanking new FPV rims came for my car today. Unfortunately one was shipped without the protective cover and received some scuffing. The company I ordered them from has been great so far and is going to replace the damaged one. Now to wait for the front two.... and the replacement :D

the other wheel with covering (perfect condition).jpg

Damaged wheel without covering.jpg

Last edited:
I've been wanting an e-reader and since Amazon doesn't support the service my local library uses my options were pretty much Nook (they apparently still make them) and Kobo. A quick look at reviews of both made the choice easy. :lol:

Kobo Libra H2O + a cover that's not pictured

Back