Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,308 comments
I have a feeling he's going to be missing it far more than either of us in a few hours. :lol:
Too soon, dude. Too soon. :guilty:

- - - - -

I bought my first Hawaiian shirt on this trip, though. :dopey:

20200209_161621.jpg

GamePassPCHERO-hero.jpg

Finally decided to part with my hard-earned, never-going-to-see-again, whole one dollar bill for the first three months. :lol:
I got a free three month subscription from newegg. Glad to see that "$20" gift was really only a dollar. Thar said, I bought two items that had the subscription with it, so I also got 20 off my bill. Definitely looking forward to playing through outerworld though.

Finally collected the bike on Saturday, before Storm Ciara hit. I haven't ridden it properly yet, but it feels so good to sit on. Took the luggage rack off to enhance the soft tail look.

rsz_20200209_175736.png

I had to remove the front wheel, handlebar and seat to get it in my girlfriend's Cactus. I didn't realise it was quite so big!

Went ahead and bought my golf kit from Callaway Pre-Owned since they were doing an ebay special. For the price of a new set of irons, I got a sweet set of fitted (+1 inch, 1* upright) Apex 19s, an Epic Flash driver, TS2 4 wood, Epic Flash Heavenwood, Cobra SpeedbackF9 5 hybrid, 54* and 58* 2019 PM Grind wedges, and an Odyssey 2ball Fang putter. The irons were in Very Good condition (extremely lucky find given the fitment). Everything else is in Like New condition, which means nothing has been played. I can't even imaging buying golf equipment new-- I would have spent double for the same quality stuff.

Now I just need a bag and lots of time to learn how to hit all of them! I should be set for life... so happy to finally enjoy this game. :D

I got this about 2 weeks ago but been forgetting to post it. It's actually the first record I have ever bought. After going through my mom's records back in the summer, I came across this one and "Not Fade Away" became an instant favorite for me. However, it skips at the beginning and makes some weird noises here and there that no amount of cleaning seemed to fix. This bothered me because I am wanting to record all of my mom's records to my computer and since this was my favorite one, I wanted to get one that played as it should.

So I bought this one. The label is slightly different from that of my mom's, but the music is exactly the same as far as I can tell.
FC30F925-4F1C-468A-87BD-2C5A9FDDE93D.jpeg
77029B3D-CDFD-4FD0-97DE-42913784CDA1.jpeg

Listened to both of them and they play just fine! :D Quite happy to have one that plays like it should since it's my current favorite, now if I can just record it to my computer. I would do it now, but my sound on my computer doesn't work currently and I need to get that fixed before I can.

Last edited:
I got this about 2 weeks ago but been forgetting to post it. It's actually the first record I have ever bought. After going through my mom's records back in the summer, I came across this one and "Not Fade Away" became an instant favorite for me. However, it skips at the beginning and makes some weird noises here and there that no amount of cleaning seemed to fix. This bothered me because I am wanting to record all of my mom's records to my computer and since this was my favorite one, I wanted to get one that played as it should.

So I bought this one. The label is slightly different from that of my mom's, but the music is exactly the same as far as I can tell.
View attachment 891733 View attachment 891734
Listened to both of them and they play just fine! :D Quite happy to have one that plays like it should since it's my current favorite, now if I can just record it to my computer. I would do it now, but my sound on my computer doesn't work currently and I need to get that fixed before I can.
Buddy Holly original, The Rolling Stones did a cover too, In fact there's been quite a few covers of Not Fade Away.

However this is my favourite :lol:

Buddy Holly original, The Rolling Stones did a cover too, In fact there's been quite a few covers of Not Fade Away.
I think I remember reading about it being originally by Buddy Holly, I didn't know their were others that covered it too. I'll have to check that out! 👍
That's catchy. I bet it really stuck in people's heads when it was played back in the days.

I think I remember reading about it being originally by Buddy Holly, I didn't know their were others that covered it too. I'll have to check that out! 👍
That's catchy. I bet it really stuck in people's heads when it was played back in the days.
Yeh 1960's ish, personally I like the Stones version, but I am a Stones fan :)

Regarding the advert, I can remember it as clear as day when I here that song, that's why I quickly searched for it when I saw Not Fade Away on the record.

Went ahead and bought my golf kit from Callaway Pre-Owned since they were doing an ebay special. For the price of a new set of irons, I got a sweet set of fitted (+1 inch, 1* upright) Apex 19s, an Epic Flash driver, TS2 4 wood, Epic Flash Heavenwood, Cobra SpeedbackF9 5 hybrid, 54* and 58* 2019 PM Grind wedges, and an Odyssey 2ball Fang putter. The irons were in Very Good condition (extremely lucky find given the fitment). Everything else is in Like New condition, which means nothing has been played. I can't even imaging buying golf equipment new-- I would have spent double for the same quality stuff.

Now I just need a bag and lots of time to learn how to hit all of them! I should be set for life... so happy to finally enjoy this game. :D

I honestly feel like I stole these. Can't believe the condition they're in considering I paid like 30% of the price sold as new.

20200218_221302.jpg 20200218_221032.jpg

As often as I handle firearms I hope this will be enough for the year.
Huh. You suppose that could be an issue? I've spent lots of time at ranges, loading magazines, canisters and drums, not to mention changing various weapons that just put hundreds of rounds down range and never considered the lead.

Huh. You suppose that could be an issue? I've spent lots of time at ranges, loading magazines, canisters and drums, not to mention changing various weapons that just put hundreds of rounds down range and never considered the lead.

To be honest with you it is something that was recently been brought to my attention. Considering that I also have little ones at home, I'd rather be safe than sorry while still being able to enjoy firearms. The one thing I should have done prior to even making this purchase is having labs drawn to keep track of my blood lead levels. Just to be sure about this stuff not being some sort of gimmic.

That's crazy. My range has de-leading soap in the bathrooms and that stuff melts off all the residue that gets in my hands. Washing with the regular bathroom soap gets your hands non-sweaty but the de-leading soap really gets all that stuff out from within your fingerprints. You see the suds darken and all the lead rinses off. Seems like it leaves you skin a shade lighter.

Now they just need to invent the same thing for golf grip grime.

My second cousin on my mums side did the animation for that advert. He’s just finish a design for a Wallace & Gromit coin for the Royal Mint.

Purchases

new frame for a painting by Any Hay (Jazz Pianist & Fine Artist) along with some new place mats and mats for cups/glasses

E41F3009-07AF-4425-96D3-A45F25F2F0CF.jpeg

also picked up a little sign for the bathroom.

F1A9429A-87A0-495A-A12D-3F36DAEDFA15.jpeg

Back