Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,334 comments
And of course more hobby items for me, lol...

A no box 1/18 UT Models Porsche 911 GT1 Evo Road Car:

A bunch of mostly premium Hot Wheels 1/64's:

Some RC nitro fuel and a spare glow plug for said nitro RC:

A 1/200 Gemini Jets Embraer ERJ-175LL in new United livery:

I also got two new 12 car 1/18 display cases for my walls, though I have yet to take pics of them...

Zeus Smite Vaporizer

Loved my old one so I got another. When I bought the first one it was close to 300 cad at the time (5 years ago or so). Now a days it’s 130-140, I recommend this if you want something cheap-ish and simple.

I finally did the thing:

GUEST_a4b3dea9-2c85-4b17-ab31-753611f64102

Loving it so far. I may have to grab a bottled water for comparison sake.

They are great. We use a Brita water pitcher. I prefer it over bottled water which now has almost a bitter taste to it.

I was expecting a bigger difference in clarity, but there's definitely a difference in taste and smell. 👍

Is this your first foray into the GTAO world? Play for a little while before spending to much of that money from the starter pack. People are trolls and you will want to be sure you are buying the best counter troll stuff. Try to find a friend or two to play with when you can, especially when your trying to do heists or run goods/collect supplies. I stopped playing just before the club was added. I cant personally say what the best money making route is, but it's worth researching as it can be tedious making money in this game, especially solo.
Once your feet are wet and you want a different sort of experience, I suggest looking RP groups like OCRP and DOJ. It's amazing what those communities have done with the game.

I’m a little bit late to the party but...
View attachment 884052
Is this your first foray into the GTAO world? Play for a little while before spending to much of that money from the starter pack. People are trolls and you will want to be sure you are buying the best counter troll stuff. Try to find a friend or two to play with when you can, especially when your trying to do heists or run goods/collect supplies. I stopped playing just before the club was added. I cant personally say what the best money making route is, but it's worth researching as it can be tedious making money in this game, especially solo.
Once your feet are wet and you want a different sort of experience, I suggest looking RP groups like OCRP and DOJ. It's amazing what those communities have done with the game.
Copying Dylan in on this as well, in case he is new new to the game...

Copying Dylan in on this as well, in case he is new new to the game...
Yeah. I’ve seen gameplay of it since it launched but this is the first time I’ve actually played. I’m not very good. :lol: I’m holding off on the online portion until I complete most of the story.

Say what you will about the online portion and R* taking a money grubbing page from EA's play book. They make a really good world and a really good story.

Edit: Forgot I also did the Humble Bundle for this month so also Call of Duty WWII, Crash N. Sane Trilogy and the Spyro trilogy.
I just picked up Spyro Trilogy because I’ve enjoyed Crash N. Sane Trilogy and CTR so much... and I’m liking Spyro a lot...

Being in my mid-40s, I got an unexpected surprise from the game too... as a big fan of the Equalizer TV series in the 1980’s (starring Edward Woodward, the man whose name sounds like someone farting in the bath), I also loved the theme music by Stewart Copeland of The Police. I recognised his signature musical style straight away!

Oof I’ve been at it again. Spending money on stuff I don’t need.

This time it’s a huge ball of rope... to repair a cat scratch post.

and I’ve been meaning to watch Mr. Robot for some time and I never got around to it. Anyway I’d seen Season 1 & 2 were £8 each on Amazon so I noticed the Irony and bought them.

804CDAAB-DF16-4E5A-8CBF-82D5B423279D.jpeg

mastergel-pro-380x380-1-hover.png

Thermal paste

images

RX 570 4GB - I was originally planning on getting a used 470 or 480, but I saw this on sale and decided that it might be better to get a brand new GPU as opposed to one that may have been mined on for several months. It'll be going in my media server - the onboard GPU built into the motherboard seems to be dying, and when I upgrade to Ryzen in my main rig, it'll be a good secondary gaming rig.

s-l1600.jpg

One of my favorite childhood games. Time to build a Windows 98 Gaming PC to get the full late nineties experience :D

Picked up a new router to go with the new computer build. An Asus RT-1900AC
P_setting_fff_1_90_end_500.png

Newegg has a deal going. Sale price of 20 off with another 30 bucks off with a promo code, so all told I got a $160 router for 110. Not to shabby. It can do VPN and van run custom firmware. A nice upgrade to the old crappy netgear router I have now that will drop wireless devices that dont have full bars. Looking forward to some stable wireless.

Looking forward to some stable wireless.

I wish my laptop would get the hint that stable wifi connections at home isn't me making polite offers. Whatev, just has to last about another month or so as ny primary machine before it's demotion to Ubuntu toy.

Anyway, nothing special yet outside of a 6-ft USB-C cord because turns out that I was borking the tips of my old one on the sidewalk while waiting around before clocking in at work a few days ago.

I wish my laptop would get the hint that stable wifi connections at home isn't me making polite offers. Whatev, just has to last about another month or so as ny primary machine before it's demotion to Ubuntu toy.

Anyway, nothing special yet outside of a 6-ft USB-C cord because turns out that I was borking the tips of my old one on the sidewalk while waiting around before clocking in at work a few days ago.
Have you looked into replacing the wifi card in your laptop?

Latest Posts

Back