Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,315 comments
I want to hear more about the Jawas.

DSC_0959.JPG

1969 Jawa 50 typ 20 on the left. 1961 Jawa 555 on the right. Bought them last year together with my dad. Both are 50cc, 3 speed gearbox. Both will reach 60 kph on a really good day. Took them to the Dutch DMV last Monday, the 555 passed without a problem, the 20 failed on a loose bearing in the front fork. Missed that but its already fixed as we have enough spare parts, which we collected after we bought these 2. We have a second 555 in parts, which I will turn into an absolute 2 stroke monster.

My wife has been stalking these couches for the last 3 months waiting for a sale. One finally happened only to have them sell so fast they went out of stock. Last night their status changed to backordered so we pulled the trigger on them. No idea when they'll show up, though. :lol:

imageService

I'll end up having to rearrange the living room to get it to fit, I'm sure.

There were two female names in the thread title.

Show off ....., ..... latest purchase.

I already had an hallucination today, it was one.

So, to go along it with my new preamp I picked up this!
20200620_163443.jpg
20200620_163548.jpg
For the quick moment I put them on they were very comfy. I'll update back later when I get the chance to try them out.
They are an open back design which I opted for mostly because I have issues being closed out from the sounds around me like closed backs and ear buds do. Its corded, 3.5mm jack. It has a cable with the headphones and mic combined, then has a second set of cable sthe breakout the mic from the speaker jack. My sound blaster DAC has a terminal for each so that works perfect. The cable is long too. Easily long enough to reach from one end of my game room to the other. Perfect for use with my rift which will be set up pretty much across the room from my PC where my racing rig is going to be set up.
Anywho. Reviews looked great for the headset, so I am definitely looking forward to using it.

Yasso Chocolate Hazelnut ice cream bar

It tastes like you're eating a frozen hazelnut chocolate bar except in the form of ice cream. Flavor is 100% accurate, more on the dark chocolate side.

edit: lol, wrong thread, but I'll let it stay

Last edited:
Google Home Mini. I didn't actually buy it. My roommate ordered one and they sent him two. When he told them of the mistake, they said just keep it. So he gave it to me. I do almost all my TV and movie watching on my iPad, so I paired the Mini to the iPad and now I've got much better sound.

Google Home Mini. I didn't actually buy it. My roommate ordered one and they sent him two. When he told them of the mistake, they said just keep it. So he gave it to me. I do almost all my TV and movie watching on my iPad, so I paired the Mini to the iPad and now I've got much better sound.
I have two and use them a lot - but I think the one I have in my bedroom is starting to develop a bit of an attitude.

Last night, while listening to Spotify through it, I was also playing a game online and the AI was super-annoying, so I said 'Oh, piss off!' at the game (yeh, yeh... I know...) - unexpectedly, the music stopped, and so I said 'Not you!' to the Google Home... and to my surprise, it just said "Kay..." rather grumpily and the music restarted. Firstly, it shouldn't have picked up on my comment in the first place, but it also seemed to take umbridge at my second remark. I don't think it has forgiven me after I did actually tell it to 🤬 off once (for continually mishearing an album title that I play all the time), and I felt bad about it for days.

-

I got a note through the door today saying that the post office have a package that needs a customs charge of £12 paid. After some digging, it turns out that it's a package from the same place I got the Rush boxset (posted earlier in this thread). After more digging, it looks like it is a set of 3 'fine art prints' that (supposedly) come free with the deluxe version of the boxset. Pity, then, that three bits of paper incur a £12/$14 customs charge, so now I don't know whether to bother paying the charge just to receive what should have been free... :rolleyes:

I purchased two Ka-bar Coypu folding knives for my wife and I. I don't expect my wife to carry hers around so it will remain in her car in case she ever needs to cut a seat belt or break glass. For myself this will be something I carry on a daily basis.

20200624_065606.jpg
20200624_065640.jpg
20200624_065709.jpg

For size comparison, here is a pic of the knife next to a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

20200624_081135.jpg

Another day and another t-shirt. This time to support a Jazz Cafe (Jazz Kissa) in Tokyo via an Instagram Page about the magical places throughout Japan and a California based clothes store.

8E0FDE44-7919-4768-81A5-9206C0D13685.jpeg

1A54BDCD-4B4A-426C-AFA6-61DC7AAF22DB.jpeg

Edit

Just bought 2 caps, 1 for moi and 1 for the lady.

His
58B8C00F-22F6-49AC-AB5C-C48FEF0E3249.jpeg

Hers
5EE5DCA3-85F8-46CE-96BE-BD525FE858EB.jpeg

Last edited:
I like Metallica, and I like whiskey, so I decided to splurge on the Blackened box set (plus an additional bottle so I can try one and save the other). I plan on trying it this weekend when I can do it properly.

I also bought a Firestone IndyCar hat and a Felix Rosenqvist jersey.

3C0DEE81-5427-494F-9099-F75414964E92.jpeg

9cddc09c5b2507c810b9a4fec64e2c35.png

495afbdc322664880a3257631afec465.png

Since my dad is too damn lazy to order parts for the 87 325is wilting away in our backyard, I'm taking it into my hands. Fuel line cracked and leaked on last startup back in February.

Said car:
E2794B84-A5E9-47BE-A764-839A0E0DC5D0.jpeg

There’s a list of things that need to be done, but I’m focused on restoring the drivability. Damn thing’s been through hell and back.

Last edited:
I think I might have an issue. Two more T-shirt’s.

Invada Records Limited run

7CB57E10-AB84-44B7-9CB7-6A299D041FA1.jpeg

WRWTFWW Records from Switzerland. New Jazz shirt along with 2 new Jazz albums linked to the shirt by a Japanese artist.

69BB0B8E-B9FB-42BD-BE2A-822907620328.jpeg

Back