Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,319 comments
I think vegan leather implies that it's not made from any animal product, therefore suitable for vegans. Though why "vegan leather" and not just "imitation" or "fake" leather I can't tell.
Correct.

Tough why "vegan leather" and not just "imitation" or "fake" leather I can't tell = I think vegan leather implies that it's not made from any animal product,

Bought an SH Figuarts Ryu:

IMG20200707105739.jpg

IMG20200707125618.jpg

IMG20200707125714.jpg

20200714_175919.jpg

Got some old junk to listen to music with. I don't even have cassette tapes to listen to, but I now own a tape deck. Mixtape anyone?

The rather sad looking speakers will likely be replaced when finances allow.
The receiver I also bought is not pictured as it is a champagne silver and must be shunned for not matching the other two pieces.

My wife and I have both been talking about selling stuff online for a while. I know there’s probably not a huge amount of money to be made with it, but honestly, I enjoy design and we think it’ll be a fun way to kill some time.
22AC6904-BEF3-4E75-9D60-0B1A8AF1DB77.jpeg
So, we’ve invested in this little green machine. It’s a cutter for vinyl, card stock, fabric etc, which works off of SVG files. It’s only little, but cuts up to 30cm x 60cm at a time, so it’ll handle our hobby just fine.

I took it for a proper spin on the weekend, making up files and printing them out as stickers for my fold away work bench. Gotta say, I’m pretty happy with the results and very happy with the purchase! :D
2FD9E372-62F8-46B4-90F0-1178B368ECA9.jpeg

I wanted to see if I could use a wireless keyboard with my five year old iPad Air 2. So I bought this Sades V2020 keyboard and mouse set. However, to use it, it requires plugging in a small USB thumb drive to the computer. iPads don't have USB ports. So I bought this Deorna adapter, and it work perfectly. I can set my iPad up on its stand and type away on a keyboard like a regular computer. The only downside is I still have to use the home button to close apps.

I wanted to see if I could use a wireless keyboard with my five year old iPad Air 2. So I bought this Sades V2020 keyboard and mouse set. However, to use it, it requires plugging in a small USB thumb drive to the computer. iPads don't have USB ports. So I bought this Deorna adapter, and it work perfectly. I can set my iPad up on its stand and type away on a keyboard like a regular computer. The only downside is I still have to use the home button to close apps.

I likey, a wireless keyboard with both decent looks and a numberpad.

I likey, a wireless keyboard with both decent looks and a numberpad.
I really like the floating button design. If you're in the market, look at both the Sades which comes in all sorts of colors, and Grapefruit keyboards which also come in all sorts of great colors.

TB
Still no Grand Forks! :P

- - - - -

Tired (ha!) of getting flats, I ordered a set of Tannus airless tires.

new_slick_black_1800x1800.jpg

Are they solid?

Having once ridden a bike with a set of solid tyres I can say they are hard. Like 110psi hard. Comfort is definitely compromised for puncture proofing.
Also, the guy who owned the set I rode on said he had to send his wheels off to get them fitted by a special machine (in Korea, I think), hopefully, you don't encounter that issue.

Are they solid?

Having once ridden a bike with a set of solid tyres I can say they are hard. Like 110psi hard. Comfort is definitely compromised for puncture proofing.
Also, the guy who owned the set I rode on said he had to send his wheels off to get them fitted by a special machine (in Korea, I think), hopefully, you don't encounter that issue.
There were three different "psis" I could choose from, 110 (hard), 100 (normal) and 95 (soft). I opted for 100.

As for install, the video @Eunos_Cosmo posted in the biking thread was a guy and his wife getting them installed. I figure if they can, I'll manage. :P

TB
There were three different "psis" I could choose from, 110 (hard), 100 (normal) and 95 (soft). I opted for 100.

As for install, the video @Eunos_Cosmo posted in the biking thread was a guy and his wife getting them installed. I figure if they can, I'll manage. :P

I’m interest to see what you think of them and how the fitting goes. I’ve had half a mind to get some for my commuter.

A Soul Red Crystal touch up pen:

Blue Box Toys 1/18 North American P-51D Mustang and a 21st Century Toys 1/18 Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-15bis:

Maisto 1/18 Chevrolet Corvette C4 ZR1:

Axial "1/18" Yeti Jr Can-Am Maverick RTR:

(It is more like 1/10 or 1/12 scale to be accurate lol)

Axial 1/18 SCX10 III Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU RTR:

Back