Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,299 comments
Just got a Bob Ross chia pet.

A3A55917-CC01-4202-8B79-133197F29F94.jpeg

It’s been a while since I bought an actual physical magazine. Jazz Kissa have now brought out their own magazine about Jazz Kissa’s (Jazz Cafe) so I had to order direct from Japan.

F7A3B3BA-96FF-4D2D-BEFF-40C453BD171B.png

B4643061-33AE-4384-8005-20600D1F91B6.png

6C60CB85-7ECD-4261-8CB7-FBCF223DE6E3.png

So Saturday I stopped by that place called Players Choice at Myrtle Beach, South Carolina while on vacation as I do every year and I got 1 PS2 game, 1 PS1 game, and two GBA games.

Jet Moto. Seen a preview for this on my Interactive CD Sampler Vol. 3 disc as a kid and just seeing the colors and the fact you can ride over water had me interested from the very start, so it was great to finally see this one. Although I did buy it on PSN years ago, I have not installed it yet since my PS3 is jailbroken and I have no desire to go online with it. Even with that in mind, I still got it because I prefer having physical copies of games, even if I already own it digitally and now I am not restricted to playing it only on the PS3, PSP, and Vita.
Island Xtreme Stunts. Played Lego Island 2 on PS1 as a kid and loved it and if I remember correctly, this is a sequel to it, so naturally, I was interested in it from the get-go. I had actually contemplated getting this game well before actually going there, so you could say I already had my mind made up by the time I found it.
Crash Bandicoot The Huge Adventure. Grew up playing N Tranced as a kid and loved it. Played a small bit of this one way back when since my cousin had it and had a similar experience. So it was an absolute no brainer for me to get this. It was a little expensive for what I'd expect for a GBA game there, but I already knew what I was getting myself into and I knew it'd be worth it. I already have played through a good chunk of the game with battery power being the only thing stopping me from playing it more and I can proudly say, it was worth every freaking penny. Best GBA game I have bought in a very long time!
Hot Wheels Burnin' Rubber. Got it simply because it was cheap and because I like Hot Wheels. Not much to say really. Haven't toyed with it much since I spent most of my time playing that Crash game.
IMG_E1240.JPG

I nearly got Rally Cross and Hydro Thunder for the PS1, but I could not afford to get them all, so I put them back. I put Rally Cross back because I already bought it on PSN years ago and already have it installed on my PS3 and it was too expensive to justify buying it again. (though I may still buy it in the future if I can find it cheap) Put Hydro Thunder back simply because I didn't know too much about it apart from watching a friend play it, but I have some 2nd thoughts about doing this though, and part of me wonders if I should have bought it. I could have just put Rally Cross back and got it, but I guess I didn't because I didn't want to be totally broke after.

Already played the Crash game and loved it and played a little of the Hot Wheels game. Played Jet Moto last night and unsurprisingly, I was quite impressed with it. Going to play Island Xtreme Stunts in a few since I haven't yet.

Overall, it's not my biggest haul from that place compared to previous years, but it has some interesting ones in there and so far I am not disappointed with what I have tested! 👍

Last edited:
Jet Moto. Seen a preview for this on my Interactive CD Sampler Vol. 3 disc as a kid and just seeing the colors and the fact you can ride over water had me interested from the very start, so it was great to finally see this one. Although I did buy it on PSN years ago, I have not installed it yet since my PS3 is jailbroken and I have no desire to go online with it. Even with that in mind, I still got it because I prefer having physical copies of games, even if I already own it digitally and now I am not restricted to playing it only on the PS3, PSP, and Vita.

Was my first racing game. A true classic. Probably not until I got the Sega Dreamcast with the CART IndyCar game did I find a love for motorsport.

Although I'm not a Harley fan, I do like motorcycles. I had 4. Latest was a Suzuki Bandit 1200 naked bike.

deal was too good to pass up, and I needed a cruiser, days of doing 160 on a rocket are long gone. ;)

deal was too good to pass up, and I needed a cruiser, days of doing 160 on a rocket are long gone. ;)
And a Sporter is an ideal bike for that.

I rarely drove fast with my bikes but when I did, it was always the top speed. I try to keep within the speed limit as much as possible. It was the torque that interested me more than the speed and a Suzuki Bandit with a detuned GSX-R 1100 Slingshot engine and a lot of torque is what I loved about this machine. And the fact that it was a naked bike.

Last edited:
Just got this delivered, it’s amazing for dry or rough/textured skin. I’ve tried this on leathery sun burnt skin and it made it seem like I never went out, absolute miracle mask.

View attachment 943639
I do pot washing at a local restaurant, always get dry / rough skin on my hands because I’m always in the sink at work so I’ll give this a try.

TB
Going to an old west themed murder mystery on Saturday and "dressing up is encouraged". I'd been considering getting a vest to go with my suit so now seemed like as good a time as any to buy one.

61FWOlcXigL._AC_UY780_.jpg

Remember to bring a nice hat. Absolutely a requirement.

Well seeing as every man and his dog is playing this game, I couldn’t sit idly by and let everyone have all the fun.

8E8A2212-3BD6-4FF8-92FC-46C0B3161FC0.jpeg

Plus I picked up some of my favourite horror films on Blu-ray.

6EBCF186-8DC5-45AF-9F1A-0D542EFF418D.jpeg

802B8545-0F5E-48C7-B978-98CF2AFDFBB8.png

C6E14F46-3195-410D-85DE-B943C0664A8A.jpeg

A true classic.
I've played it only once and I already agree with you on this. It was hard for me at first, but once I figured it out, I was truly impressed by it and it made a strong first impression for me just as I expected. I'll certainly be playing it some more later on.

Back