Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,251 comments
Got another "Lego" kit.

51T-jWCqMoL.jpg

Linkage

Will post a pic when I finish in the Lego thread. Could be a while. Less parts than the McLaren P1 model, but forgot I bought this when it came in the mail today.

ZmF4VHY.jpg

KtmTVsb.jpg

ok2z3BI.jpg

m45oO7x.jpg

hxIC28a.jpg

Blackstar HT-20R MkII

My first valve amp.
Found such a great deal on this - used, still with 1 year warranty - that I simply couldn't pass it up.
Very nice. 15-20 watt amps are a great compromise between home and stage sized amps.

Very nice. 15-20 watt amps are a great compromise between home and stage sized amps.
The power reduction circuits these come with (usually around 10% of wattage) is also quite handy.

I can leave it at 20W when I want a bit more headroom for my cleans at a higher volume or bring it to 2W and drive the valves hard for a nice crunch at lower volumes. It's great flexibility.

TB
My wife has been stalking these couches for the last 3 months waiting for a sale. One finally happened only to have them sell so fast they went out of stock. Last night their status changed to backordered so we pulled the trigger on them. No idea when they'll show up, though. :lol:

imageService

I'll end up having to rearrange the living room to get it to fit, I'm sure.
Couches are supposed to be delivered this afternoon. Got the old ones moved out in preparation.

20200803_125755.jpg

The living room echoes like crazy now. :lol:

Got another "Lego" kit.

51T-jWCqMoL.jpg

Linkage

Will post a pic when I finish in the Lego thread. Could be a while. Less parts than the McLaren P1 model, but forgot I bought this when it came in the mail today.

I bought one of those a couple of months ago before I finished the Porsche RSR and Mustang kits, however it's taken a back step while I've been focusing on Tamiya kits.

You just went from wrestling with bolts to breaking them.

ahhh... probably.

Only bought it for one job really. The shock mounts on my Montero Sport are essentially rusted to the frame. So been driving this summer on bad rear shocks. And with the stupid angle in which Mitsubishi designed the mounts, I cannot get a long enough breaker bar in there to try that. Plus, everything was under $400, so still under the quote I got for the job.

I've started scratching my itch of buying reference books I couldn't afford when I was little and only got 20p a week pocket money. A decent Jane's book was only about 15 years pocket money back then...

upload_2020-8-7_21-31-51.png

Another payday, another batch of digital comics and RiffTrax. I went big today. The comics industry basically stopped during the first few months of the pandemic, but they are starting to get back up to speed. This is only about half of what I wanted to buy today. Even so I spent over $100.

Last edited:
I've never really been into the "Super Deluxe" releases alot of classic rock artists do as they usually seem overpriced for what's included. However I decided to make an exception for Black Sabbath's upcoming Paranoid re-release.

Untitled-5.jpg

Back