Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,319 comments
I know it's super early to be thinking about winter, but I got a good deal on new winter tires and wheels for my Fiesta ST. Michelin X-Ice tires and Sparco Terra wheels.

It is that time again. First snow may be hitting within a month or two depending on how crazy the weather gets.

It is that time again. First snow may be hitting within a month or two depending on how crazy the weather gets.
Hoping so, I do love the winter, really. Just felt weird picking up snow tires when it was close to 80 degrees where I am. Surprisingly, it's not been getting as cold as you'd expect by this time.

The physical copy of this arrived in the mail a couple days ago (I already had the digital version). I'm a big fan of Mira Ong Chua. Her stories are funny, sweet, sexy lesbian romances. Velvet the vampire has a blood allergy. Bunny, her human girlfriend, has a rare blood type, the only type Velvet can digest. In this second story, Bunny's best friend from her old home town shows up for a visit and reveals she's from a long line of vampire hunters. Hijinks ensue.

I played Ride 3 and liked it well enough (despite a few complaints) to pick up 4.

Edit: I also got this:

Last edited:
At least my Deadpool figure will no longer be lonely:

IMG20201003101453.jpg

As a former BF player, this is just what I needed.

Squad_%28videogame%29_2016_frontcover.png

Also, a couple bits for the 944

Front control arm bushings.
171.407.182D-2.jpg

I'm holding off on the front struts until I get these in the mail. Since I'm gonna be in that area of the car, I though I may as well do as much maintenance as I can. That means removing the control arms, scraping away any potential rust, doing a light coat of primed paint and installing the bushings and bearings. I wish I could have gotten proper bushings instead of the replacement rubber ones, but those will come with time.

The odometer on these will go out if the car is reset while moving. That causes this little plastic gear to break into little pieces and stop working, so I ordered a new one.
OG-944E-2.jpg

Last edited:
The odometer on these will go out if the car is reset while moving. That causes this little plastic gear to break into little pieces and stop working, so I ordered a new one.
OG-944E-2.jpg
Isn't there a metal version available?

BTW, 👍 for what you are doing with the Porsche.

Isn't there a metal version available?

BTW, 👍 for what you are doing with the Porsche.
Thanks, it's simple work but it's going to get tougher, especially with the control arm work. I just read that I may have to replace the CV joints :(

As for there being a metal one, I'm not quite sure. If I were to get one, I'd have to replace the rest of the plastic ones in there. Knowing that that tiny piece of plastic for the odometer cost $24 alone, that'd get very expensive.

We'll see what else breaks along the way :D

It's been a while but I finally had a chance to buy some digital comics. Mercy and Un/Sacred are both by Mirka Andolfo, an amazing Italian writer/artist. Mercy is a horror comic, Un/Sacred is a romantic comedy about a horndog devil and a pure angel who fall in love and get married. Sabrina is written by Kelly Thompson, one of my favorite writers, and drawn by Veronica Fish. This is a great, paranoid comic. Finally you can't go wrong with classic Berry and Veronica.

This finally came in the mail today.
20201007_192755.jpg

I've been hankering to get into the GameCube recently, and with prices being crazy I decided to pull the trigger on this one. It's originally a Japanese console (the gaudy lovely Spice Orange was an exclusive launch color in its home region), but modded with a region switch to play either NTSC or NTSC-J games. Still have to buy a memory card or two (and games of course), but it's a start. :D

Also picked up this trio of games from the Goodwill I work at.
20201007_195408.jpg

A few months ago I started expanding my PS2 library with games not in the racing genre that I missed out on, with Ratchet and Clank being a new favorite. I own the first four games on PS2, but didn't have any of the PS3 titles yet so it was a no-brainer to pick up Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time for $3 each. Metroid Prime was a pleasant surprise, and although it's in one of those awful Gamestop cases (and has Blockbuster logos on the inner molding, lol), just having a working copy is more than worth the $3 I paid.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20201009_091935_com.kickstarter.kickstarter.jpg

Pleged 80€ for the new limited edition book Simon Stalenhag is releasing (one of my fav Concept Artists).

Looking forward to see it in December.

Last edited:
Pleged 80€ for the new limited edition book Simon Stalenhag is releasing (one of my fav Concept Artists).

Looking forward to see it in December.

I think he's my favourite visual artist. I haven't not had a Stalenhag piece as my desktop wallpaper for years. I could stare at his work all day long. Unfortunately, I've never had any of his physical artwork but would love to pick up a book one day.

qgOv9M5l.jpg

Bought the last five of the CD's I'm getting the youngest for a slightly early 13th birthday gift.
Final tally:
  1. Backstreet Boys - Millenium
  2. Evanescence - Fallen
  3. Frank Sinatra - That's Life
  4. Goldfinger - Hang-Ups
  5. Heilung - Lifa
  6. iwrestledabearonce - Late for Nothing
  7. John Denver - The Essential John Denver
  8. Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire
  9. My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade (one of two previously-bought CDs from my small collection being passed on)
  10. Queen - A Night at the Opera
  11. Social Distortion - Mommy's Little Monster (other one being passed onwards)
  12. Tiamat - Wildhoney
  13. Toy Story 3 soundtrack
Blanket refusal to buy John Mellencamp on account of my noted dislike of classic rock radio seemingly assuming that he's only ever written four songs. Can count on one hand the amount of times this year I've heard his stuff being played that wasn't from that group.

Honorable mentions that just missed the cut:
  • The Devil Wears Prada. IWABO covered my metalcore quota, could've slid it in if I went with the "Christian metalcore is technically not the same genre" loophole
  • not entirely sure she's ready for OTEP, even if it contained one of their mellower tracks. Possible mixtape will likely sneak it in.
  • Moi Dix Mois was considered until the single I was looking at was ~$100 for three songs
  • Ayumi Nakamura is probable for kicks later.

Haven't been sim racing in over 5 years now, due to severe health issues (that are mostly resolved now), depression, lack of interest in the latest racing titles and due to the fact that my wheel literally caught on fire. Now, after watching the Gran Turismo 7 trailer, and having depression reduced to a manageable level I have decided to get back to it. :)

(I hope I fit into the seat though :scared: )

OZXJO4D.jpg

6Z7epFM.jpg

CaacXCf.jpg

w88K0wy.jpg

Last edited:
Been considering getting a Switch for a while now. Got a good deal for one through Amazon's Prime Day bundled with Minecraft (Honestly I have little interest in Minecraft but I'm not going to pass up a free game). Also ordered Breath of the Wild and a screen protector.

images
images
images
images

My current TV is nearly 13 years old, but still works. I've decided to future proof myself for 4K gaming when I eventually get the new consoles with a 60" LG. A nice jump from 37".

rsz_20201013_203442.png

Moving house in the next 12 weeks, so will be mounted on the wall in the games room/office, whilst my existing telly is going in the loft where my wheel rig can be left in situ with the PS4.

Back