Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,319 comments
New T just arrived today. Be With Records.

FAE9F5E4-912E-4033-A51F-76A3368BA07E.jpeg

Capture.JPG

Ordered one of these TP Link AC1900 routers. Hope it works fine. The old trusty Linksys WRT54GL can't keep up anymore. It was way down on wifi speed, which I was okay with for now. But it's also limited the wired connection to 50mbps. Connected straight to the modem, the speed was 120mbps. My download speeds should be at least doubling.

View attachment 957262

Ordered one of these TP Link AC1900 routers. Hope it works fine. The old trust Linksys WRT54GL can't keep up anymore. It was way down on wifi speed, which I was okay with for now. But it's also limited the wired connection to 50mbps. Connected straight to the modem, the speed was 120mbps. My download speeds should be at least doubling.
Linksys kept on improving the venerable WRT54 and is still available and they even made it easy to throw something like DDWRT onto it.
Don't know anything about TC. I have a Asus and a couple of Cisco router/switches. I wonder how good the gui is for this.

Linksys kept on improving the venerable WRT54 and is still available and they even made it easy to throw something like DDWRT onto it.
Don't know anything about TC. I have a Asus and a couple of Cisco router/switches. I wonder how good the gui is for this.

I've been running this thing for such a long time and it's been relatively trouble free with Tomato firmware. The next product has a high standard to live up to. I will definitely have to keep this as a back up.

I had a 54G running Tomato for quite a while, too, but with 5 of us in the house all with multiple devices online at the same time, it just couldn't keep up. When the need to reboot went from monthly to weekly then daily, it was time to go. The Netgear R6700 has done very well so far, but it couldn't reach out to the patio from the basement through the steel siding so a TP-Link extender was purchased. It's also doing well.

Sounds about right of an 80s Porsche.

Congrats! This going into your car thread?
Thanks! Yeah, I'll be updating my old car thread with a write away from my disastrous crash in my E34. I'm just waiting to get the 944 registered before I can take it on a backroad and get some proper photos.

More stuff, mostly RC and plastic model building related but also some stuff for my MX-5 and other random things:

Reefs RC servo winch, Tamiya flat black paint, and some AA batteries for RC transmitters and other random things around the apartment:

More model building stuff, including an airbrush and rubber mold kit, some label maker cassettes, more LED lights from Flyin' Miata and a wider accelerator pedal face for better heel-toe downshifting:

An airbrush compressor:

And more model building supplies:

An Exoto 1/18 Vette Grand Sport:

And a trio of 1/64's:

Lots of parts for the 944

Polyurethane Shifter Bushings (not me)
s-l1600.jpg

Custom made shifter from Only944s
shifter10.jpg

Handbrake Cable
924-424-143-00-OEM.jpg

Headlight Wiper Motor (should work???) I'm gonna diagnose the problem and see what makes this one work. I will likely send it back.
s-l1600.jpg

A few more things in the pipeline.

Oh... I have to rebuild the wiper fluid reservoir with the cap, new tubing and a new, non-****ed up motor. I could get out of the car and move the wipers faster.
477955455__ra_p.jpg

I have a $2,500 ceiling/budget with this car. That's the max I will put into it. I think I'll hit that budget fast because the weather stripping costs $70 or more lmao

Impulse purchase. The box isn't in great shape. It's clearly been sitting around the shop where I got it from for a long while. That's not the problem though. The problem is, I think I might need to get the other characters to complete the set now.

office space pop.jpg

Last edited:
Fish!
20200917_200005.jpg 20200917_183855.jpg
4 Boesemani rainbow fish and 2 julidochromis transcriptus. Next round will be 4 more rainbows of some sort and a pair of Neolamprologus caudopunctatus. I'll get some better pics later for the pet thread. Once they have had a chance to acclimate and get comfortable in their new aquarium. Once their colors really start to come through.

Don’t act like y’all didn’t see this coming. Oh here he goes again GTPVenomZombie with his bloody Metallica gigs again. :banghead:

Haha I’m only messing, anyways here is what I bought on Wednesday that just arrived today. Webster Hall is amazing, haven’t heard the rest yet.

• Live in St. Petersburg - August 25th, 2015
  • Live in Moscow - August 27th, 2015
  • Live at Webster Hall - September 27th, 2016
  • Live in Hamburg, Germany - March 29th, 2018
As an added bonus, I’ve took a picture of the set lists too. (Hamburg is a bit hard to read from the image)

CD753405-6DDB-4B9A-A9B2-17CB8DC8C72B.jpeg
80CA330F-2BEA-40F9-958A-D5BE244E9EC7.jpeg

Back